Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafa Hatas & Co Chat Thread Subdued On Clay - Vol. 69

237K views 5K replies 50 participants last post by  scoobs 
#1 · (Edited)
Enjoy the coming spring with Rafa! :wavey:

Made the thread ready, will be back later with better titles, if you have any suggestions, my inbox is open. :D

#250 ·
Re: Rafa Chat Thread - Post Rafa Mania Hangover - Vol. 69

Any market where a company holds the majority is not a free market whether you like it or not.
:rolleyes: it is a free market, nobody is forced to be our customers :shrug: if you want to rant about monopolies then rant about the electricity market, the kwph is way overprized and in most areas you have no choice...

#254 ·

WG, help me out here. A Utah state representative has introduced a bill that would give a "guest worker" "visa" or "pass" to someone who has immigrated illegally but who hasn't had any criminal activity and who has been responsible for any debts or medical charges.

Isn't this unconstitutional? Do you remember if the constitution reserves the control of immigrants to congress? Or is there language so construed. You're the more recent graduate so I defer to your knowledge.

#263 ·

WG, help me out here. A Utah state representative has introduced a bill that would give a "guest worker" "visa" or "pass" to someone who has immigrated illegally but who hasn't had any criminal activity and who has been responsible for any debts or medical charges.

Isn't this unconstitutional? Do you remember if the constitution reserves the control of immigrants to congress? Or is there language so construed. You're the more recent graduate so I defer to your knowledge.
i'm not sure which part you're questioning as unconstitutional, star? preface: i hated the class on immigration law i took because the complete lack of legal theory behind it and being so much at the whimsy of politics makes it an area where contrary policies happily coexist.

are you questioning the right of the state to regulate this? plenty of immigrant issues still fall under the domain of the state aka see the arizona debacle on IDs. also some states have particular rights on residency and citizenship status for adopted children who are adults etc, arising out of estate law. but in terms of giving an illegal immigrant the right to work with criteria that is beyond the scope of a federal program seems unlikely to hold in court.

#270 ·

where is Getta

i feel like bad repping her, i want her permission first

#273 ·
#274 ·

gonna badrep Minn the next time i see her around

starting to annoy like mostly everyone else in this thread now

#279 ·

Really Mikey :rolleyes: You're the first one from this thread to give me a badrep. Congrats :yeah:
thank you, you will be getting a second one soon

#283 ·

HE was in a goodrepping spree just the other day and he wasn't rewarded properly :awww: :angel:

God, i'm so drunk and I can't feel my legs anymore :bigcry:
you better still have feeling in your fingers to send picks. we have made it to the quarters :cool:

#288 ·

Yes, that thing about scottish womans prison on BBC1 now

finally something good on tv

#290 · (Edited)

So here are some pictures.

First, El Paseo Drive which is what they like to think of as their Rodeo Drive.

1. A pic of the street
2. A pic of one of the seating areas between the street and the parking lot
3. A sign to make Andreea and JG :mad:
4. A sign to make JG :mad:

:lol: :p

Attachments

#291 ·

Here are views from my condo.

1. The patio -- it's a bit shabbier than it looks in the pic.
2. The view from the patio -- that thing that looks like a massive building is really a mountain or a hogback that the development abuts.
3. A grapefruit tree by the patio.

These are low quality because they were taken at dusk

Attachments

#292 ·

1. New seating for Court Seven (used to be 8) But the numbering was always backwards.
2. The players' green where they play soccer and jog and stretch and stuff. Used to be you could stand on the sidewalk and watch them with no fence at all. then a fence, and now the public can't walk down that sidewalk at all -- thanks to the Rafa scrum where people got knocked down.
3. The North parking lot -- where handicapped people park. I took it I think because of the oranges or lemons or something on that tree.

Attachments

#293 ·

1. The north entrance where I usually enter, but the security guard there was such a prick this morning (not to me but to others and to my favorite linesman :eek:) that I may go to the west gate even tho it's farther away.

2. and 8. They had bougainvillea all over as ground cover and just when they had begun to fill in nicely there was a hard freeze and most died. They replaced them only to be hit with another hard freeze later. Now this year I see they are replaced with white and pink roses.

3. The new sign telling when and where players will practice

4. The guy who played Kendrick today Argie, lefty, one-handed backhand.

5. New practice court seating on the east side. There were a few bleachers there.

6. North side practice court seating. We used to crowd up against the fence. 7 or 8 deep when Rafa was practicing.

7. here is our own little henman hill or perhaps federer flat is more appropriate. It's a seating area with a big screen. There used to be venues for food on either side but Corona now takes the spots.

oops. They didn't come out in the order listed.

Attachments

#294 ·

Corona is everywhere.

The tent is in the big circle of palm trees sort of in the center of things. It used to have a scoreboard and then mercedes cars and people laid in the shade of the palm trees. I guess they won't do that now.

Corona on the net.

Everywhere you look, it's Corona.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.