Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping #21 - Houston - Congrats to VamosRafaNadal and Chris_84/Slokid!!!

13K views 188 replies 61 participants last post by  OnTheRun 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping #21 - Houston - Everything Including TT is Bigger in Texas!​

What is Tennis Tipping?
In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:
- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.
New tie-break method: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135174

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:
Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit.

Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4423014&postcount=1

How to send in picks:
Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT Los Angeles, day #] . Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE
If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to ibreak4coffee@gmail.com

See less See more
#172 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #21 - Houston - Friday OOP Out - 12pm (7pm CET) Deadline!!!!

Final
Matches Counted: 0
Matches Remaining: 3

00:00 | (5) VamosRafaNadal (ESP) vs.(Q) nole_no1 (ROU)

Final

00:00 | (1) Duncan/JeffCandoi (GBR/BRA) vs. (2) Chris_84/Slokid (GBR/SLO)

#173 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #21 - Houston - Friday OOP Out - 12pm (7pm CET) Deadline!!!!

Saturday OOP

Fernando VERDASCO (ESP) vs. Santiago GIRALDO (COL) SR2
Sam QUERREY (USA) vs. Nicolas ALMAGRO (ESP) SR3

Please send your picks to ibreak4coffee
Deadline to send picks is 1pm Houston time (8pm CET)
Matches count for day one of a two day final in both singles & doubles

#176 · (Edited)
Re: Tennis Tipping #21 - Houston - Saturday OOP Out - 1pm (8pm CET) Deadline!!!!

Final

00:00 | (5) VamosRafaNadal (ESP) vs. (Q) nole_no1 (ROU) - Same Winners; SR Differences: None

Final

00:00 | (1) Duncan/JeffCandoi (GBR/BRA) vs. (2) Chris_84/Slokid (GBR/SLO) - Same Winners; SR Differences: Verdasco 2-1 vs. 2-0

#177 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #21 - Houston - Saturday OOP Out - 1pm (8pm CET) Deadline!!!!

Sunday OOP

Fernando VERDASCO (ESP) vs. Nicolas ALMAGRO (ESP) SR1 PTS

Plesae send your picks to ibreak4coffee
Deadline to send picks is 1pm Houston time (8pm CET)
Match counts for the second day of a two day Final round in singles & doubles

Good Luck :wavey:

#178 ·

Final
Matches Counted: 2
Matches Remaining: 1

02:02 | (5) VamosRafaNadal (ESP) vs. (Q) nole_no1 (ROU) #SRs: 0-0

Final

04:04 | (1) Duncan/JeffCandoi (GBR/BRA) vs. (2) Chris_84/Slokid (GBR/SLO) #SRs: 1-2

#179 ·

I see that you are online, nole_no1. I got Verdasco in 3. I have the feeling that Almagro will win in three sets but since you had the CB lead for me picking Almagro was too risky.

Good luck mate :)

#183 ·

I picked Verdasco to win 6-4 3-6 6-3, so I think that I almost won the match as we have the same set winners (Verdasco 1st and 3rd set) and right now (in the 2nd set of the match after Verdasco took the 1st by 6-3) you are playing with a 6-4 to Verdasco and a 6-3 to Almagro (like me), but I gave a 6-3 to Verdasco. If one of the players retire you win the match as PTS will not be counted.

I don't know if I looked at it well or not, let's see what the manager tells :)

#184 ·

doubles players online? Me and Duncs picked Nico in 3

#185 · (Edited)

Sorry guys travel delays...

Final

02:02 | (5) VamosRafaNadal (ESP) vs. (Q) nole_no1 (ROU) #SRs: 0-0 - Same Winners; SR Differences: None

VamosRafaNadal - Verdasco 64 36 63
nole_no1 - Verdasco 64 36 64

Final

04:04 | (1) Duncan/JeffCandoi (GBR/BRA) vs. (2) Chris_84/Slokid (GBR/SLO) #SRs: 1-2 - Same Winners; SR Differences: Almagro 2-1 +2 vs. Almagro 2-0 +2

#187 ·

Congrats to VamosRafaNadal and Chris_84/Slokid on the championship, and to nole_no1 and Duncan/JeffCandoi on great tournaments to reach the final :worship:

Final
Matches Counted: 3
Matches Remaining: 0

03:03 | (5) VamosRafaNadal (ESP) vs. (Q) nole_no1 (ROU) #SRs: 0-0 - gives Verdasco 6-3 set in final

Final
Matches Counted: 3
Matches Remaining: 0

04:04 | (1) Duncan/JeffCandoi (GBR/BRA) vs. (2) Chris_84/Slokid (GBR/SLO) #SRs: 1-2

#189 ·
First title of my career! After 4 singles finals and 6 finals in overall I took my first title :lol: The match was really tight, only a small difference in the PTS decided that the winner was me. I think that nole_no1 picked extraordinary well during the whole tournament and he deserved a little bit more than the runner-up position!

I just want to congratulate, appart from nole_no1, the doubles champions Chris_84/Slokid and the runner-up team, Duncan/JeffCandoi.

And finally, the most important thing: give a big thanks to ibreak4coffee for his excellent work during the whole week :) I really appreciate your dedication. See Houston next year!

You did it great mate, didn't have good luck in the final but you made strong performances in earlier rounds. Good luck for the rest of the clay season :D You will have a chance to take another ATP title soon. Hope you enjoy the points, you got like 150 points that will be great :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.