Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Andy's Classy Win or Lose & That's Why We Still Love the Loser" Summer HC Thread

56K views 1K replies 52 participants last post by  crude oil 
#1 ·
The "Andy's Classy Win or Lose & That's Why We Still Love the Loser" Summer HC Thread

Since we've been talking HC stuff in the grass thread I thought it was time... andy's schedule before the USO is provisionally Toronto, Cincy, LA, and DC. He plays World Team Tennis this Saturday night and that should air on TTC I think. And he might play Indy next week but he can't give the tourney an answer yet :eek: :lol:

C'mon Andy, stop sucking please :(

#4 ·
Re: The "Yay, a surface that's actually fast!" Summer HC Thread

I've got BIG hopes for the US Open this year. He's skipping the Olympics so he needs to do well to make the decision worthwhile.

Remember Dubai, Andy. You CAN do it! :bounce:

#8 ·

Download video of the new US Open series ad. :banana:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SKUQ1W90

Kudos to the USO production company for editing the commercials so quickly. I suppose they've been working pretty hard for the last week or so to cut Justin out of them.

Moving on... Am I insane, there is a part of me that wants Andy to play Indy...

#9 ·

You're not the only one Fee. I'd love for Andy to take a WC into Indy because he has had almost no match practise over the last few months.

#10 ·

I think he should play indy and pull from LA, so that it'd be 3 weeks on, one off, one on, one off, USO

#12 ·

I also think Indy would be a good idea. the last thing he needs is to lose the first (well, second) round of a MS because he's short of match practice. :awww:

#13 ·

Okay, not insane (in this case). :)

#14 ·

Not at all.

Plus let's be real. Indy's weather is a lot like Toronto and Cincy's and NYC's..... LA's isn't and he's never done all that well in LA (let's not forget the 2006 debacle, while i guess it turned out well.............)

#15 ·

Hum.... Time to make the decision !!!!! :p :lol: NOW !!!!

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080709/SPORTS/807090407/1287/SPORTS

You were right guys....

"Martin is holding the third and final wild card with the small chance he can convince two-time Indy champion Andy Roddick to take it. "We're still having conversations and they haven't said no yet," Martin said.
Martin must make his decision before Friday's draw. Qualifying will begin Saturday."

:rolleyes:

#17 ·

Those are funny, shame they decided to dump them (dammit Justin). I'm surprised they let them get out, but they won't last for long I'm sure. Any way to save them?

#19 ·

This is a bit confusing but if accurate and if I'm understanding correctly, Andy couldn't really play Indy if he's participating in some celebrity MLB All-Star game activity on Sunday :scratch: :eek: Of course, he could always go to Indy sunday night, that would be typical Andy :worship:
http://www.tmrzoo.com/?p=553

#21 ·

This is a bit confusing but if accurate and if I'm understanding correctly, Andy couldn't really play Indy if he's participating in some celebrity MLB All-Star game activity on Sunday :scratch: :eek: Of course, he could always go to Indy sunday night, that would be typical Andy :worship:
http://www.tmrzoo.com/?p=553
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

#22 ·

Yeah, I can see Andy playing celebrity softball in NYC on Sunday afternoon and then taking the private jet to Indy that night, if he takes the wildcard. I hate to say it, but it wouldn't be so unusual for him.

#23 ·

Yep... or he could fly even on monday.... he wont play that day for sure.... Indy is not too far from NYC.... :rolleyes:

#28 ·

Celebrity team. Andy needs to stay very far away from even the words 'Taco Bell' for the rest of his tennis career.

#29 ·

I think Taco Bell is sponsoring the whole thing, not just the legends team :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.