Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Andy's Classy Win or Lose & That's Why We Still Love the Loser" Summer HC Thread

56K views 1K replies 52 participants last post by  crude oil 
#1 ·
The "Andy's Classy Win or Lose & That's Why We Still Love the Loser" Summer HC Thread

Since we've been talking HC stuff in the grass thread I thought it was time... andy's schedule before the USO is provisionally Toronto, Cincy, LA, and DC. He plays World Team Tennis this Saturday night and that should air on TTC I think. And he might play Indy next week but he can't give the tourney an answer yet :eek: :lol:

C'mon Andy, stop sucking please :(

#790 ·
Re: The "Too bad we can't forget it and fast forward to 2009" Summer HC Thread

he liiiikes it. he just doesn't like Vemic's ponytail.or is surprised that Vemic took off his glasses.it's. not. the. shirt.:p

Lacoste site says he personally chose this one;)

oh and THANKS FOR THE PICS:bounce:

#805 ·

Lacoste site says he personally chose this one;)
I knew there had to be an explanation!

(keep it up match-wise Andy :D)

#792 · (Edited)

Was the match for Andy as easy as the scoreline suggests? I hope so. And I love the striped shirt. Finally, something different and interesting. :cool:

Attachments

#793 ·

mary, you're killing me :haha: :haha: :haha:

#794 ·

mary, you're killing me :haha: :haha: :haha:
I am sorry Deb. I can only speak the truth.

Today I was sad cuz we're leaving Legg Mason Thursday morning, so if he doesn't play till Thurs again I won't get to see any of his matches... Now, I'm not so upset. :p

#795 ·

DC is a 32 draw so Andy will have to play Wednesday at the latest :p

#796 ·

DC is a 32 draw so Andy will have to play Wednesday at the latest :p
Oh goodie. I get to see the shirt in person. :eek:

No, actually that makes me very happy, considering he's one of only two players I really want to see. :haha: Oh wait, I lie. 2 1/2. I count Lopez as a half. I am holding the dellusional dream that Nando & the Lord will get WC. :drink: :sad:

But wait, I didn't even look at the score yet. That makes me happy! :)

#797 ·

Dusan just said to Andy 'I live in Vegas, come by any time' and Andy is trying really hard not to say 'YIPPEE' right there on court (because he's a betrothed man and shouldn't go to Lost Wages any more really).

#798 ·

:lol: and the betrothee (?:lol: ) is in LA :p

and i'm exhausted and the pics are only 60% uploaded so I'm gonna let them finish and will upload tomorrow

btw andy's QF will be on espn2 tomorrow night :)

#801 ·

Let`s hope every his next opponent will be like Dusan Vemic!!!

#803 ·

Hmmm well if he personally chose that shirt, we all know Andy's taste in clothes, he has none. If I have to see those chino baggy shorts one more time I will have to personally become his dresser or have words with Brooklyn honestly, it is not as though I dislike them it just seems he has only that pair? Still a nice change the white get up I suppose.

#804 ·

If I have to see those chino baggy shorts one more time I will have to personally become his dresser or have words with Brooklyn honestly, it is not as though I dislike them it just seems he has only that pair?
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: They come out at every Davis Cup. I officially want to burn them.

#808 ·

Nice easy win, encouraging. :yeah:

The shirt is ok, it could grow on me.

#809 ·
#811 ·

Easy to take good pics of good subjects :hearts:

Glad you like them :) :pBut see the problem with the depth of field? Almost all the pics are taken at f/2.8 and the background is still mostly focused :eek:

Oh, there are like 4 videos of Andy at the end of the set too :p

#812 ·

Easy to take good pics of good subjects :hearts:

Glad you like them :) :pBut see the problem with the depth of field? Almost all the pics are taken at f/2.8 and the background is still mostly focused :eek:
Oh I totally agree. There is a reason my best photos from Cincinnati are of shirtless Marat Safin. :lol: :lol:

I really do see what you mean! Especially with the ones that are more close up... they still look kind of flat. Though I've just gone back and looked at my photos from the DC final last year before I had my shiny camera and they are much the same. :eek: I have seen/heard so many people say that point-and-shoot cameras are as good or almost as good as SLRs. For still subjects they might be but for motion and sports an SLR really has an advantage.

#813 ·

:hug: :kiss: thanks Deb! They are great. Nando looks good!! but are we going to need to call Andy a flasher next :lol:;)

#814 ·

yay for the (seemingly) easy win. :yeah: How was the shoulder/neck/whatever the hell is injured now? I'm not going to bother watching the match at 4am to see him kick Young's ass so I fully expect a straight sets win when I wake up tomorrow. :)

I have no issues with the shirt, it's not amazing but I don't hate it. :shrug:

#826 ·

marat just lost to gremelmayr, so to make the final, andy will have had to beat........ Vemic, Gicquel, and Gremelmayr :lol:

#829 ·

Well Marat wasn't quality today, so it wouldn't have mattered :lol:

#831 ·

Pssh, I sometimes like to live in my 2004 bubble where all my favourites were good. :lol: And besides, I really, really wanted to see a Marat and Andy match.

Edit: Though I could get it in Washington. *hopes*

#832 ·

hm not bad, pretty similar to this week really

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.