Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Andy's Classy Win or Lose & That's Why We Still Love the Loser" Summer HC Thread

56K views 1K replies 52 participants last post by  crude oil 
#1 ·
The "Andy's Classy Win or Lose & That's Why We Still Love the Loser" Summer HC Thread

Since we've been talking HC stuff in the grass thread I thought it was time... andy's schedule before the USO is provisionally Toronto, Cincy, LA, and DC. He plays World Team Tennis this Saturday night and that should air on TTC I think. And he might play Indy next week but he can't give the tourney an answer yet :eek: :lol:

C'mon Andy, stop sucking please :(

#437 ·
Re: The "Surface doesn't even matter anymore, all suckage all the time!" Summer HC Th

ryan, I don't agree with you any more the 2nd time around ;)

thanks Kate, was all i could think of and a change was obviously necessary :retard:

#440 ·
Re: The "Surface doesn't even matter anymore, all suckage all the time!" Summer HC Th

If he can't handle his serves coming back from someone like Cilic, how does he expect to compete with the big boys? He beat Djokovic and Nadal without losing serve, are you telling me they got less serves back in play in Dubai than Cilic did? It's what he did (or more, what he didn't do) after that, he had nothing on his ground game. It was pathetic. If he was hitting his groundstrokes, it wouldn't matter that much. He lost serve 4 times, largely due to his own errors. Pathetic. Honestly, if I just started watching him now, I wouldn't be a fan. In terms of the way he played when I first started watching him, he's a shadow of the player. The fact that he wastes opportunity after opportunity like this is just proof that he's never gonna get back into the top 3-4 in the world. He can't even make QFs in his favorite tourneys on his favorite surfaces. I honestly really do admire your ability to stay positive but it's just getting harder and harder to do that, it's getting harder and harder to care. 2006 was his rock bottom year but he was able to turn it around. This year started out great and it's going downhill incredibly fast and actually I think this year will end up to be much worse than 2006 in the end. How ironic.

And you know what? as a fan who has paid money to go see him and support him and stuff, I'm sick of being lied to. I'm sick of him saying he is excited, and looking forward to X Y Z opportunities and that he's healthy and has been working hard. You know, we largely pay his salary b/c if he had no fans at tourneys there would be no prize money and if he wasn't popular he'd have no endorsements. And what does he do? he acts like a child and plays like a junior varsity high school student time and time again. It's getting tiring :yawn:

#452 ·

I'm sick of being lied to.
Uhhhh Thank you.
Exactly.

He a LIAR!!:rolls:
he's always been very good at it too.

Keep the faith people.
I say, show me something worthy of all this belief, because i have bestowed it.

I don't continuously believe in liars in the sense that it is a silly thing to do & usually hurtful in one way or another.

#441 ·

:hug::hug::hug:

I really wish I had time to shout at Andy. :sad: But I don't. I am going on holidays tomorrow, I still haven'tfinished packing and I am meeting my friends in an hour to say good bye. :(

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi :wavey: and ask you not be sad. If it helps you guys overcome this, do a little bashing. :rolleyes:

I'll come back later.

:hug:

#442 ·

Have a great time on your vacation, Raquel :D Going anywhere special?

#444 ·

Now probably isn't the best time to reflect on this, we're all hurt.

Slagging off Andy isn't going to solve anything really as he wanted that as much as anyone tonight, it just wasn't there, his game was awful and I'm sure he knows that. He's got to go back to the drawing board, and he will come through this. It's a difficult period but he just has to stick it out, as Marat Safin sad 'Better times will come' and they will, hopefully next week at Cincy. But obviously there are some major issues that need resolving but I'm not even in the mood to think about this anymore this evening.

I'm going to get a beer (which clearly will solve something!:lol:)

Keep the faith people.

#448 ·

Now probably isn't the best time to reflect on this, we're all hurt.

Slagging off Andy isn't going to solve anything really as he wanted that as much as anyone tonight, it just wasn't there, his game was awful and I'm sure he knows that. He's got to go back to the drawing board, and he will come through this. It's a difficult period but he just has to stick it out, as Marat Safin sad 'Better times will come' and they will, hopefully next week at Cincy. But obviously there are some major issues that need resolving but I'm not even in the mood to think about this anymore this evening.

I'm going to get a beer (which clearly will solve something!:lol:)

Keep the faith people.
Well, this is what we (ok, maybe mostly me :lol: ) do. I'm not this crazy I swear :) :lol: It's just frustrating when you know someone's capable of better. And I think it's also the predictability of it. I don't think you want to read back but when you look back at times he's had "good" losses like where he just did the best he could and was just out played and stuff like that, you don't see the "bashing" in the thread b/c then we know it's not andy's fault. Like the USO last year, the Wimbledon final in 2004, some of the times he's lost in Davis Cup but fought his heart out, etc. But matches like these where he's just playing a losing game style and just a losing attitude and just all around bad, it's hard not to just vent it out right afterwards :lol:

Wow. Well, that was sucktastical :rolleyes:

Deb :worship: As always, you speak what's on most of our minds.

Love the title btw :)
sucktastical might be my new favorite word

I am going to Tenerife, which is a Spanish Island in the Atlantic. I'll give you more details when I come back home this evening.

:wavey::hug:
ahhhhh sounds awesome :sobbing:
okay.positive thoughts :)

Andy'll win Cincy this year:)and Washington. and will lose in the LA final:)

:dance:

*I'm not being sarcastic*
Having fun on your cloud, dear?

#447 ·

okay.positive thoughts :)

Andy'll win Cincy this year:)and Washington. and will lose in the LA final:)

:dance:

*I'm not being sarcastic*

#450 ·

I don't have the right smiley now but of course you are all invited:)

we are already flying to cincy:dance:

#453 ·

Andy's good at bouncing back, problem is that 1) by losing, he doesn't get the matches he needs and 2) his draw in cincy is gonna be worse than this one b/c he got so lucky it opened up. surely he won't be lucky to have a clear path to the semis/final for a third major tourney in a row. So his opportunity to win matches and just as importantly points isn't great. It's hard not to think about what it'd be like if he hadn't blown Miami, Wimbledon, AO, and this. 4 major major tourneys, with tons of points and great draws, all of which he himself blew by playing poorly - he'd be so close to cracking the top 5 if not in the top 5, but now he's teetering on the edge of falling out of the top 10.

#456 ·

I honestly think Andy's too stubborn to try to change his strokes at this point. It's very rare to see these guys change their techniques on a shot or two because of how long it takes. Plus, his biggest problem right now is his forehand, and the problem isn't with the stroke technique, it's that he's putting too much spin on it and not going for it ever. Don't see how a technical coach will help him decide "oh yeah, maybe i DO need to go for my forehand more, THATS what made me #1 in the world!" d'ohhhhhhhhh.

#458 ·

he and mardy pulled out yesterday due to a "knee injury" for mardy....

#459 ·

No he needs a mental coach oh well guess I won't be seeing Roddick tomorrow, I shall be rooting for Rafa now (sorry but Nole just doesn't get my vote). I agree with all the comments on here, it is hard to say oh well another loss but up until April he was really playing well and then all of a sudden a downward spiral. I shall be interested to see what the excuse is THIS time but hey ho onwards and upwards I guess.

#461 ·

someone needs to take one of the (surely many) lame-looking pictures of him and write FAIL on it like everyone seems to be doing now :sobbing:

#462 ·

hell. has. frozen. over.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jwayMw4GnhX5xlMLT0kFxXivOa-A
"Something doesn't feel comfortable," said the American who broke a racket after a dispute with the chair umpire concerning an over-rule which the official later admitted he got wrong.

"I keep feeling if I get a couple three, four matches into a tournament I'll be all right," said Roddick, playing for the first time since an early Wimbledon exit.

"I'm not able to do that. It was pretty ordinary out there today. Things are going wrong a little bit across the board. The forehand is just not doing anything, I'm missing it.

"That's the one that I need to click right now."

#479 ·

hell. has. frozen. over.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jwayMw4GnhX5xlMLT0kFxXivOa-A
"Something doesn't feel comfortable," said the American who broke a racket after a dispute with the chair umpire concerning an over-rule which the official later admitted he got wrong.

"I keep feeling if I get a couple three, four matches into a tournament I'll be all right," said Roddick, playing for the first time since an early Wimbledon exit.

"I'm not able to do that. It was pretty ordinary out there today. Things are going wrong a little bit across the board. The forehand is just not doing anything, I'm missing it.

"That's the one that I need to click right now."

Now i'm more confused than ever.:p:wazzup:

#483 ·

Oh Andy, you're so fricking predictable. Way to prove us all right. :(
I don't know why but I always feel a little better whenever Andy is able to admit out loud and to himself that he's completely lost the plot.
it's comforting because it shows that we're not just talking crap and we don't have unrealistic ideas about what he could achieve if he just played properly. But he's admitted what he needs to do better so many times before and then not done it on court that it's getting harder to even tajke that much hope from it. :shrug:
Well, just as I was about to say that Andy seems to have sympathy pains for Roger and always loses right after he does, I see those quotes. That kind of honesty impresses me, and gives me hope for Cincy.

I think Andy does need a new coach, but I'm just not sure what kind of coach he needs now. I wonder if he's too comfortable with John, if another voice would help him somehow. I really am at a loss for why this is happening. Maybe I'm kidding myself, but I think he still has top 5 talent and abilities, he just needs to dig down and find them.
I definitely think he's too comfortable with John. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine him really giving Andy grief when he plays terribly because he's his little brother and they get on so well. :eek: Like I said, I might be wrong because, let's face it, none of us know what goes on behind closed doors after the match.

I'm with you Fee, I keep on hoping that the next tournament is going to be huge for him and that he'll improve his ranking and as a result do better at the majors because of better draws etc. I don't know whether it's just wishful thinking now but I think he's young enough to get his ass into gear and really start to play well again. :)

#464 ·

me too. maybe b/c it proves we're not crazy to think he can play better, and also it proves that andy knows, like we know, that he's capable of so much better.

#466 ·

katakate i love you :lol: I actually thought of you when I saw these quotes :lol:

#484 ·

katakate i love you :lol: I actually thought of you when I saw these quotes :lol:
I love you too:kiss::rolls:
:haha: maybe some body double went into his press conference :eek: or maybe the AFP made a mistake and it was really something roger said last night or something :eek: b/c if he really said it we have to start getting ready for the apocalypse |:
no:lol: Roger said these:rolls:

Q. At 4-3 in the third I believe you were serving. You had an exchange with the chair umpire. Could you talk about that?
ROGER FEDERER: Not today.

Q. No?
ROGER FEDERER: Didn't lose because of that.

Q. Everyone has losses...
ROGER FEDERER: Another try. Here we go.

Q. Sorry.
ROGER FEDERER: No problem.

do these "sentences" remind any of you of a special someone?
Will momma Deb protect me? :baby:
and me?:awww:
I wonder if Andy needs two more months outside?
:devil:
I see he hasn't read his own book enough:scratch:but as I said before he'll win cincy:angel:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.