Mens Tennis Forums banner

Grigor "Grisho" Dimitrov

572K views 5K replies 201 participants last post by  FedererBulgaria 
#1 · (Edited)
This bulgarian Prospect looks to be future 10 material.

Hes moving up the rankings nicely.

#242 · (Edited)
Re: Grigor Dimitrov

Apart from the exams Grigor is going to participate in the Bulgarian national team championships between 30th of September and 4th October. I don't know which team he plays for though :)
A also got the info that he will be in Madrid and Basel, but the only way I see him participate there is with a WC for the qualification. I got my fingers crossed for him to be there and hit some balls with the big dogs.

#252 ·

I think he should play futures and challengers not a masters series tournament yet
Let him play on ATP level and face the big boys. I want to see how mentally prepared is he to mix with the top 100 ranked players. 1 or 2 tourneys won't do any damage to him. If Marco Djokovic can play an ATP tournament though an MM one, why not Grigor Dimitrov :shrug:

Dont want him to burn out to quickly
How come playing ATP tournaments would cause him to burn out quickly? Let him give it a try first and see how deep he goes into the qualies.

#257 ·

I logged in to fill you in on Grigor's schedule, but I see it is done already :)
Just adding that the two events in Germany are supposed to be the Challengers in Aachen and Eckental played indoors on carpet. These events traditionally have some good players in the draw as there are no big ATP tour tournaments at the same time. Good luck to Grigor :worship:

#261 ·

In the first round of the quallifications for MUTUA MADRILENA MASTERS MADRID Grigor will play against Florent Serra.If he defeats the frenchman,Grigor will play against the winner of the match - Jose Acasuso vs Pablo Andujar.Serra is not unbeatable,Pablo Andujar will participate with WC,Jose Acasuso is not in his best form,so Grigor has his chances to qualify for the main draw.Go Grisha Go.

#263 ·

In the first round of the quallifications for MUTUA MADRILENA MASTERS MADRID Grigor will play against Florent Serra.If he defeats the frenchman,Grigor will play against the winner of the match - Jose Acasuso vs Pablo Andujar.Serra is not unbeatable,Pablo Andujar will participate with WC,Jose Acasuso is not in his best form,so Grigor has his chances to qualify for the main draw.Go Grisha Go.
:angel:Not bad at all!Good luck!

#265 ·

The game is third on the second court and with games starting at 12 CET I suppose Grigor will be in action around 14:30 CET earliest. Serra has played more on clay this year and though he is a useful indoors player with strong serve and solid baseline game I see he lost easily to Mannarino (who is one of the upcoming talents on the tour too) a week ago. So Grigor has definite chance today and I have my fingers crossed in front of the livescore this afternoon. Any chance of watching the game on TV or livestreaming?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.