Mens Tennis Forums banner

Grigor "Grisho" Dimitrov

572K views 5K replies 201 participants last post by  FedererBulgaria 
#1 · (Edited)
This bulgarian Prospect looks to be future 10 material.

Hes moving up the rankings nicely.

#338 ·
Re: Grigor Dimitrov

SKY sports

Ones to watch in '09
Our experts name their ones to watch on 2009

Mark Petchey
If you are looking for the next Marat Safin, then look no further than Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov - the winner of this year's US Open Boys' Singles title. He might not make a big move in 2009 but this kid is going to be something special. He plays sensational tennis and could be the next big personality in the men's game.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12119_4663280,00.html

#349 ·
#351 ·

Thanks for the info!
I cannot see him enter Rotterdam main draw or even qualifying as an alternative as the field there is really strong, but his managers have connections in Holland so who knows - maybe even a wild card (surprisingly enough he played in Hertogenbosch last year) :)

#352 ·

Let's hope he will play those tournaments because he needs to play as much as he can for more and more experience. I have so much hope in this boy. Haide Grigor.

#353 ·

Grigor gets a wild card for the main draw in Rotterdam! :eek:

wildcards to Thiemo de Bakker en Dimitrov (Bul)

nadal will receive a wildcard for the doubles tournament
That is great as he will be able to mix it up with the creme, but looking at the field and being honest I don't see him beating any opponent. However, it is great experience and something to write about for us fans! :worship:

#356 ·

I don't really think that Grigor is ready for this high level of tennnis, both - physically and mentally,but it's definitely gonna be great experience for him.Stay healthy and focused Grisha on the road to the big success :)

Reactions: rtgy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.