Mens Tennis Forums banner

Andy the "Hero"

8K views 175 replies 16 participants last post by  J. Corwin 
#1 ·
If we can start threads for silly pictures and names of cereal I think we can start one for this.
------
Andy's Recount of Last Night's Fire to Come Shortly
by: webmaster

5/1/2004 -- AR.com spoke with Andy shortly after the incident in Rome. As reports have indicated, Andy suffered no injuries, but is slightly shell-shocked by what took place. His recount of the story is mind-boggling, and his actions were truly heroic. Stay tuned as we will be providing much more information, including first-hand description by Andy himself.

#4 ·
Looking forward to read the recount.

#6 ·
I cringe at the word hero after its frequent abuse by propagandizing politicians and the sensationalizing media.

However, there is a variant on the word, "Gyro," which I find very tasty. ;)

#7 ·
How is "gyro" a variant of "hero"?

Oh and I don't like gyros very much.

#10 ·
I think the thing is that considering the kind of person he is and the life position he's in, him going out of his way to help people in a situation like that is a little above and beyond. it is to me, anyway. I love it whenever I hear about a celebrity doing a really good thing like this. and thanks tangy :)

#11 ·
I agree. It's a lot different than "sacrificing" yourself for others but it's a great thing nonetheless.

#12 ·
yep... so then I guess it just depends on your opinion of "hero" :)

#13 ·
*sings*

I cannn be your hero baaaaabbbyyyy.

#14 ·
And then a hero comes alonnnnnnnngggggggg with the strength to carry oooooonnnnnnnnn

#19 ·
Q, I ALMOST did.... but then I went for Mariah instead :)

mmmmmm we went to a greek/middle eastern place tonight...... mmmmmm falafel.

#20 ·
I just caught Andy on SportsCenter. Looks like it was the same thing people were describing from CNN.

Will have video oh... maybe by an hour. We're watching Big Fish at the moment :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.