Mens Tennis Forums banner

Middle East call for freedom/ Various Israel topics

47K views 678 replies 86 participants last post by  abraxas21 
#1 · (Edited)
Nothing? Take active steps to take Gadaffi down? Such as? Who should do it? If you think nobody should interfere, is there a situation where your opinion might change?

#391 ·
Re: palestinian terrorists again fire rockets in to Israel

ban this troll
why he is a troll? or we should ban everyone who dont agree with u?

i wonder why u dont say anything about the other thread with the Arab journalist.

#401 ·
Re: Arabs - The real enemy of the Arab World

hah yeah the whole israel vs arabs thing is so overblown compared to the crap they do to themselves. Many regimes probably never would've lasted without the clever strategy of brainwashing their own people with an "outside enemy". It's a clever strategy used since the dawn of man. You unite your own people against an outside enemy to make them forget bad living conditions, lack of freedom or whatever else that would cause civil unrest otherwise.

Now it's been going on so long that some israel vs palestine action somehow gets more attention than centuries of mismanagement. The arab countries could have been blossoming. They could have had it all and now when they stand there as losers. It's not strange that the new generations are angry. Every arab should be angry. It's just odd that it took so long to direct anger vs the right target

Been so many revolutions and toppling of bad regimes the past 100 years all over the world. Somehow many extremly bad arab regimes survived decades longer than they should because they managed to brainwash the population. It's impressive in some ways, as a study of power mostly through fear and religion but also a very sad study thinking in terms of "what could have been".

If aliens watched earth from space through centuries they would have a good laugh of how some of the middle ages most scientifically advanced societies, especially in areas like mathematics and medicine, ended up becoming the laughing stock of the modern world.

No-one could have guessed.

#407 ·

hah yeah the whole israel vs arabs thing is so overblown compared to the crap they do to themselves. Many regimes probably never would've lasted without the clever strategy of brainwashing their own people with an "outside enemy". It's a clever strategy used since the dawn of man. You unite your own people against an outside enemy to make them forget bad living conditions, lack of freedom or whatever else that would cause civil unrest otherwise.

Now it's been going on so long that some israel vs palestine action somehow gets more attention than centuries of mismanagement. The arab countries could have been blossoming. They could have had it all and now when they stand there as losers. It's not strange that the new generations are angry. Every arab should be angry. It's just odd that it took so long to direct anger vs the right target
Nope, the arabs still haven't directed their anger at the right target. The right target would be their religion.

Been so many revolutions and toppling of bad regimes the past 100 years all over the world. Somehow many extremly bad arab regimes survived decades longer than they should because they managed to brainwash the population. It's impressive in some ways, as a study of power mostly through fear and religion but also a very sad study thinking in terms of "what could have been".

If aliens watched earth from space through centuries they would have a good laugh of how some of the middle ages most scientifically advanced societies, especially in areas like mathematics and medicine, ended up becoming the laughing stock of the modern world.

No-one could have guessed.
I'm not sure what you're saying here, but, the "arab spring" was not a revolution for the better. A despotic dictatorship is bad. A despotic, religious dictatorship is worse.

#402 ·
Re: Again palestinian terrorists fire rockets in to Israel

If this sounds cruel, then I apologize, but I wish this war was brought to a conclusion - ie one side completely annihilates another. I have been reading about Palestine/Israel conflict for as long as I can remember, even when I was a kid, and it seems to me that there is no end in sight. The conflict could continue for another 100 years. Would it not be sensible for a stronger side to completely obliterate the weaker, thus ending the conflict? The initial massive loss of life would seem miniscule compared to what decades of guerilla warfare that is currently happening and will continue to happen long after our generation is gone will have.

From a pragmatic point of view Israel, with their more advanced and organized military and stronger allies could potentially extinguish the conflict within weeks, if the open war was declared. Realistically, it's not feasible, however, as the international community of hypocrites would react violently to any sudden, violent conflict. They'd rather sit there as dozens of people die every day in a conflict with no end in sight.

#415 · (Edited)

If this sounds cruel, then I apologize, but I wish this war was brought to a conclusion - ie one side completely annihilates another. I have been reading about Palestine/Israel conflict for as long as I can remember, even when I was a kid, and it seems to me that there is no end in sight. The conflict could continue for another 100 years. Would it not be sensible for a stronger side to completely obliterate the weaker, thus ending the conflict? The initial massive loss of life would seem miniscule compared to what decades of guerilla warfare that is currently happening and will continue to happen long after our generation is gone will have.

From a pragmatic point of view Israel, with their more advanced and organized military and stronger allies could potentially extinguish the conflict within weeks, if the open war was declared. Realistically, it's not feasible, however, as the international community of hypocrites would react violently to any sudden, violent conflict. They'd rather sit there as dozens of people die every day in a conflict with no end in sight.
I don't think you understand who the conflict is between. It's not between Israel and the palestinians. It's between the 5 million jews living in Israel and the 400 million arabs surrounding them, including the 1.4 million arab Israel citizens living with them.

Add to that 75 million Iranians, 175 million Pakistanis, and I don't even know where the 250 million Indonesians stand on this.

#403 ·

Israel couldn't just obliterate the Palestinians cause they're too close to Iran (which probably has a nuclear programme) plus the rest of the Arab neighbours would be quick to fight back.

#404 ·

Israel couldn't just obliterate the Palestinians cause they're too close to Iran (which probably has a nuclear programme) plus the rest of the Arab neighbours would be quick to fight back.
Iran has nuclear weapons, but their delivery systems are really primitive. I doubt they have long distance nukes, if they have any weapons grade nukes at all.

Arab world would not do anything, since Israel is closely allied with US, which could destroy them in hours if they so chose.

Other nuclear superpowers such as Russia would not risk a nuclear war on behalf of Arab world if an open war broke out between Israel backed by US against Palestine.

#405 ·

I don't understand the logic of the Hamas rocket attacks on Israel:

1) They don't really hurt Israel - someone once told me more israelis die in car accidents than from Hamas rockets - and;

2) The retaliation from Israel is always far stronger, and results in more damage than the attacks are worth.

So, if the two points above are correct, Hamas and palestine will always be in a better position by NOT firing rockets at Israel.

So what am I missing here? Why do they do it?

#406 ·

I don't understand the logic of the Hamas rocket attacks on Israel:

1) They don't really hurt Israel - someone once told me more israelis die in car accidents than from Hamas rockets - and;

2) The retaliation from Israel is always far stronger, and results in more damage than the attacks are worth.

So, if the two points above are correct, Hamas and palestine will always be in a better position by NOT firing rockets at Israel.

So what am I missing here? Why do they do it?
Logic and religious zealotry are mutually exclusive. This is what I wrote in post #15:

I don't agree. I've been reading about palestinian terrorists firing rockets into populated civilian neighborhoods in Israel for years and years, for the purpose of murdering innocent Israeli citizens and provoking retaliation in order to exploit the sympathy and support of soft hearted and soft headed liberals who stupidly and erroneously see them as pursecuted underdogs. Given the scope of these ongoing palestinian arab terrorist attacks, I think it deserves its own thread, rather than to be burried in an unlrelated thread about an iranian nuclear threat or some such topic.
Pat Condell has his own more animated explanation that may shed some light on the issue for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1N1zhUm84w&list=UUWOkEnBl5TO4SCLfSlosjgg&index=15&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeGYAfh9A1k&list=UUWOkEnBl5TO4SCLfSlosjgg&index=13&feature=plcp

#411 ·

Surely no more insulting than you accusing me of altering a headline to suit my own agenda in the other thread.

Based on that I'd assumed I'd already been lumped in with the rest of the eejits so you have no business coming on all sensitive now.
I assumed an honourable person would delete from his post what turned out to be a lie. But the lie is still there, long after you know it to be so. So I guess you are OK with that.

#418 ·

you know my real name (about as Irish as it gets) which means you've seen my picture and you think I'm an Arab? I had a pretty good tan at the time but that's a bit of a stretch.

my annual venture into the nuthouse that is non-Tennis is coming to an end.

It was amusing for a while but I'm bored now (and I have to get to work with this fertliser anyway).

#423 ·

you know my real name (about as Irish as it gets) which means you've seen my picture and you think I'm an Arab? I had a pretty good tan at the time but that's a bit of a stretch.

my annual venture into the nuthouse that is non-Tennis is coming to an end.

It was amusing for a while but I'm bored now (and I have to get to work with this fertliser anyway).
And, don't let the door hitcha where evolution splitcha!

PS: The fertilizer is between your ears!

#422 · (Edited)

Where's the paranoia? I don't like terrorists that would like to kill me. When the chosen leader of the people in Gaza states that Bin Laden was a great hero for his 9/11 exploits, I can only assume that he meant that he was a great hero for trying to kill you and me. That kind of rhetoric won't get my sympathy.
I also subscribe to the opinion that Iran controls Hamas and cares very little for the lives of Palestinians. They use them as they see fit. The Iranians are happy that there are useful idiots like Greta Berlin who will claim that the Jews are responsible for the Holocaust. Even if they doubt the Holocaust even occurred.
And I also subscribe to the view that Iran is using Syria and Lebanon to further its interest in destroying Israel.

If this fits your definition of Islamophobia, then count me in.

#431 ·

The whole world is tired of the middle east. A collective headache that will never go

#434 ·

good indeed.

but did the mods have to delete the mjau! thread about the veracity of israel's words? a thread that had been around for much longer, had been created by a different poster and had a lot more posts than any of the other threads created by the banned user?

MTF moderation defies logic some times.

#437 ·
In our struggle against apartheid, the great supporters were Jewish people. They almost instinctively had to be on the side of the disenfranchised, of the voiceless ones, fighting injustice, oppression and evil. I have continued to feel strongly with the Jews. I am patron of a Holocaust centre in South Africa. I believe Israel has a right to secure borders.
What is not so understandable, not justified, is what it did to another people to guarantee its existence. I've been very deeply distressed in my visit to the Holy Land; it reminded me so much of what happened to us black people in South Africa.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/apr/29/comment
Desdmond Tutu

#438 ·
''I believe Israel has a right to secure borders''.

''What is not justified is what it did to another people to guarantee its existence''.

Seems to me he is saying that while Israel has a right to secure borders, it should not do anything to stop another people that want to destroy its borders.

#449 · (Edited)
"He left life so early": Gaza family devastated by Israel’s killing of baby Omar Masharawi

The Electronic Intifada

Gaza Strip

16 November 2012

BBC Arabic picture editor Jihad Masharawi and his wife Ahlam mourn during the funeral of their 11-month-old baby boy Omar, who was killed the previous day when an Israeli missile hit their Gaza City home, 15 November.
(Majdi Fathi / APA images)
An Israeli missile strike on Gaza on Wednesday left an aching hole in the home and hearts of the family of 11-month-old Omar Masharawi, who was fatally burned all over his little body.

“My children are not terrorists. They are not devils. They are good people,” said Ali Masharawi, 55, the grandfather of baby Omar, who was killed along with Ali Masharawi’s 20-year-old daughter-in-law, Hiba al-Turk. Ahmad, one of Ali’s sons, was also seriously injured.

Baby Omar, the son of Jihad Masharawi, a BBC staffer in Gaza, is one of several children killed since intensive Israeli bombardment began on Wednesday, including Hanin Tafish, a 10-month-old girl.

The missile hit the Masharawi family home in southern Gaza City shortly after Israel shattered a tenuous ceasefire on Wednesday by carrying out the extrajudicial execution of Hamas military commander Ahmad al-Jabari. The killing of al-Jabari and his bodyguard sparked the current spate of retaliatory rocket fire by Palestinian factions amid round-the-clock Israeli airstrikes.

“I have always been peaceful and I even worked in Israel during my youth, but now I feel I want to explode,” Masharawi said at a condolence reception in Gaza City.

keep reading here http://electronicintifada.net/conte...ted-israels-killing-baby-omar-masharawi/11895
and then you wonder why the gaza people dislike israel so much. israel is the main culprit for the terrorism it receives.

#451 ·

#452 ·

#455 ·
Many may imagine that the deaths of almost 300 children during the latest Gaza offensive, and the photographs the world has seen of Palestinian children maimed or killed, will give even the most right-wing of Israelis pause for thought. Unfortunately, as far as the hardliners are concerned, the opposite is the case.

Former Israeli prime minister, and one of the founders of the Israeli state, Golda Meir, long ago came up with a much-quoted formula which defined the killing of Palestinian children by Israelis as just another of the crimes that Arabs committed against Israel. "We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children," she claimed. "We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children."

So there we have it. According to this specious logic, the more Palestinian children the Israeli army kills, the more wronged and the more victimised the most enthusiastic perpetrators and supporters of such indiscriminate inhumanity believe themselves to be.

This is just one of the many reasons why the Israeli right is so impervious to accusations of disproportionality. Every crime Israel commits against Palestinians is widely rationalised instead as a crime the Palestinians have committed against Israel. There is no disproportionality, because all wrongs are Palestinian wrongs. Even the use of white phosphorus is, no doubt, the inevitable result of the Palestinians' refusal to submit to Israel's devout wish for peace, on its terms.

There was a second part to Meir's quote. She also claimed: "We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us." The essential truth, really, is that neither people loves its children quite enough to give up its desire for a national homeland, just so that its children can be protected from what is, in essence, a 60-year-long civil war. In that alone, these two Semite peoples can claim some equality.

One people has such a homeland, however, while the other still does not. It is always important to declare one's support for the state of Israel, if not its actions. But it is important as well to remember exactly where all these troublesome and aggressive Palestinians came from, at the start of Israel's great struggle for peace.

The 700,000 Palestinians expelled from Israel when it was created in 1948 have grown in six decades to four million stateless individuals. Initially, the 700,000 wanted to be allowed to return to their homes, and it also has to be remembered that many of those were as opposed to the existence of Israel then as Hamas still are.

Only since the Oslo accords failed, largely because they did not address the fundamental Palestinian demand of the right to return, have Palestinians begun to accept that this demand will never be met by Israel. The majority now realise, belatedly, that the two-state solution offered at Oslo is the best deal they, or their children, are ever likely to get.

Yet this massive, and welcome, concession to the reality of the situation is still not quite enough for Israel's leaders, or for the diplomatic quartet of the US, Russia, the UN and the EU, even though it has ostensibly dedicated itself to achieving a two-state solution. The demand now is for "Palestinian unity". It is not enough for most Palestinians to concede to the two-state solution. All Palestinians must do so before any practical progress can begin.

Yet surely this position is entirely fallacious. At least the continued and vigorous pursuit of a Palestinian homeland on the West Bank (or Judea and Samaria, as Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu prefers to call it, in his own strange interpretation of the word "conciliatory") would give a clear choice to those many Palestinians in Gaza who do wish to keep their children safe, above all else. The funds and the means for relocation that should have been made available to the Palestinians in 1948 still could be, and a partial solution, at least, would be in sight. This might not solve all of Israel's problems, but it would at least solve some of Palestine's.

The provocations of Hamas have indeed been a contributory factor in the reduction of the children of Gaza into sitting ducks. But if Israelis really believe that Hamas is "forcing" them to kill children, then it is time that they started thinking more creatively and generously about how they can desist from falling prey so very regularly to the manipulations of their enemies. The Israelis are never keen to give the Palestinians what they want. Why, if they really believe the rhetoric that says it is the Palestinians who want their babies to die, do the Israelis so readily make that lonely exception?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...aths-of-children-ndash-and-sense-1418244.html

Reactions: Smoke944
#454 ·
On Friday they fired three missiles at Jerusalem, tell me, would u have done that to a city u call holy??????????????? LOL

the lies Exposed:rolleyes: All excuses to continue violence, murder and terror

Golda Meir was ugly but a very smart woman and like u said nothing have changed beside the fact that we keep on building our country and be at the top of Science, technology, economics, medicine.

#456 ·
pls make it shorter, im with a runny nose and cant read all of it.

i cant even comment about all this lies but why stop at 300? i say make it a 1000 or 1000000, a Catchy and round number.

so funny reading stuff like that from Saudi Arabia, i can only Laugh.

like i said b/4, in the end u dont get nothing from Violence, terror and murder, no land or respect, u dont even win and we keep on doing what we love to do, be at the top of the Science, technology, medicine, economics.

#457 ·
it was written in 2009 as a response to the Gaza war back then, it also exposes this pathetic quote you so proudly flaunt here

taking up a false pic or a vid and trying to make it seem like no one is getting killed and Palestinians are all lying about everything is nothing surprising from Israeli apologists, it says more about you than what it says about the reality of the situation

we keep on doing what we love to do
like firing missiles and white phosphorus at Palestinian civilians and then blaming them for it

#466 ·
#469 ·
Now, i don't have the will anymore to keep discussing with the ones who are blinded by progaganda like Punky is. Odds are that no matter what I say, she won't be able to change his opinion in the slightest and will continue with her hate on Arabs, which is documented in several of her posts, not only in this thread.

To the others, the info is out there and it's easy to find it if you drop the mass media outlets for a while.

#482 ·
I'm surprised they don't merge with Russia Today.
Then I'm gonna explain that to you, idiot.

Al Jazeera is part of the whole Western alliance (including Israel) that is sponsoring terrorists everywhere they can, at the expense of Secular Arab nationalist regimes.

Whether in Irak, in Gaza, in Egypt, in Lybia of course, in Syria, in Iran back in the 70's, etc.

Russia Today is their worse ennemy because they're the only ones who really inform about terrorist acts.

Are you surprised? But how moronic are you? Why aren't you surprised they don't merge with CNN, Fox News, TF1, the BBC or I don't know which channel in Israel.

What happens in Syria is not telling enough? How much should you have in your eyes? I mean I won't cry for your next WTC, right?

#478 ·
Terrorism is terrorism no matter who's doing it. Bit scary there is so many closet hamas supporters.

Hamas might as well take their guns and crude missles and strap their own children on them. That's what they are doing anyway. Great parenting. Guess they figure that if more children die they get more support from the rest of the world. It's working....somewhat.

Seems like some kind of game to them. But I guess it works that way when you are sure enough about life after death. Killing yourself our your children with method "Death by Israeli" has been used a lot. Here in the west some stupid young men do the "Death by cops" method. Each to their own

#479 ·
Terrorism is terrorism no matter who's doing it.
and where are your words of condemnation for the much heavier and stronger zionist terrorism? where is your condemnation for the illegal settlements in the west bank and east jerusalem? where is your condemnation for the thousands of palestinian children killed by Israeli soldiers? Where is your condemnation for the Palestinians hurt by the thousands of fundamentalist Jewish settlers in Palestinian territories? Where is your condemnation for the displacment of millions of palestinians during nakba?

you're as biased as they come. please inform yourself before talking BS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.