What's your favorite season? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What's your favorite season?

Spring 5 15.15%
Summer 13 39.39%
Autumn/Fall 9 27.27%
Winter 6 18.18%
I don't care... 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #31
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your favorite season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Summer, and the hotter the better. I'm starting to feel warm only when it's more than 20 degrees and I'm comfortable up to 40 degrees.

The only thing I like in winter is downhill skiing. Plus watching AO.
Well there is people that likes more cold weather and other that likes hotter weather and this maybe doesn't depend on the geographical situation in some cases but I think that in general we want what we don't have. I am in Spain where we have a hotter weather and I think exactly the opposite
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet - Dominic Thiem - Santiago Giraldo - Kenny de Schepper
Youzhny - Berdych - Nishikori - Cilic - Gulbis - Istomin - Lu - Klizan - Haas - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - Wang - McGee - Lizariturry
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #32
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosRafaNadal View Post
Well there is people that likes more cold weather and other that likes hotter weather and this maybe doesn't depend on the geographical situation in some cases but I think that in general we want what we don't have. I am in Spain where we have a hotter weather and I think exactly the opposite
I guess most Finns prefer a colder weather, there are least death cases in Finland when the temperature is 14 degrees. Colder/hotter weather can have negative health effects. But I guess hotter weather increases also drowning cases, etc.

I must also add to my previous post that I prefer summer because days are longer and nights shorter than in winter. Only five hours of sunlight in December isn't so nice, I prefer summer when the sun sets after 11pm in the middle of Finland.

About spring and autumn, I prefer spring. You know the summer is coming and it's getting warmer every week. In autumn you know the cold and dark winter is coming.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #33
country flag EJohnsAussie

EJohnsAussie has a reputation beyond reputeEJohnsAussie has a reputation beyond reputeEJohnsAussie has a reputation beyond reputeEJohnsAussie has a reputation beyond reputeEJohnsAussie has a reputation beyond reputeEJohnsAussie has a reputation beyond reputeEJohnsAussie has a reputation beyond reputeEJohnsAussie has a reputation beyond reputeEJohnsAussie has a reputation beyond reputeEJohnsAussie has a reputation beyond reputeEJohnsAussie has a reputation beyond repute

Spring (September to November). Days get longer, spring blossoms, thunderstorms, warm days but generally without the high humidity of summer, and about the only time of year you won't get prolonged rainy weather.

Only a week until Spring now.

Last edited by EJohnsAussie : 08-24-2013 at 10:45 AM.
EJohnsAussie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #34
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJohnsAussie View Post
Spring (September to November). Days get longer, spring blossoms, thunderstorms, warm days but generally without the high humidity of summer, and about the only time of year you won't get prolonged rainy weather.

Only a week until Spring now.
mind blown for a second

the beauty of international forums

I voted for summer, which took it over spring, because it's the full throttle amateur tennis season, the rain delays are very rare and tennis is in the air all 4-5 months long.

From an unrelated to tennis point of view (hard for me to imagine though) would be the spring, with all the flowers, rain, sunshine, perfect temperatures, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote