Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafa Hatas & Co Chat Thread Subdued On Clay - Vol. 69

237K views 5K replies 50 participants last post by  scoobs 
#1 · (Edited)
Enjoy the coming spring with Rafa! :wavey:

Made the thread ready, will be back later with better titles, if you have any suggestions, my inbox is open. :D

#349 ·
Re: Rafa Chat Thread - Post Rafa Mania Hangover - Vol. 69

star :D

Great photos from IW! So many palm trees :inlove: and the beautiful mountains in the background. :inlove:

The 'low emitting fuel efficient vehicles only' parking space :rolls:

It must be nice and warm there now. Here it's FREEZING!!! :mad: At least today we have beautiful sunshine. :awww:

#353 ·

star :D

Great photos from IW! So many palm trees :inlove: and the beautiful mountains in the background. :inlove:

The 'low emitting fuel efficient vehicles only' parking space :rolls:

It must be nice and warm there now. Here it's FREEZING!!! :mad: At least today we have beautiful sunshine. :awww:
What cruel weather you are having! :sad: But bright sun makes up for cold AND you can wear your hat. :lol:

I couldn't believe it when I saw the sign. I nipped in there pdq. Then when I was taking a picture of it a suspicious security guy driving a golf cart :lol: asked me if I needed anything. I guess that's the ritzy way saying what the hell are you doing. :p

So many palm trees. things have changed in the 12 years I've been coming here. All the fields where huge date palms grew are gone. I noticed on my way here that a new field was planted about 60 miles from here. So some of old california still exists.

You know here there are wild palms that grow in the wet places in the canyons and there is an extensive grove growing along the san andreas fault where the fault has allowed a spring to form. I love the ungroomed palm trees with their big furry trunks.

#357 ·

Today it is :mad: FREEZING :mad: and a grey, gloomy sky and strong wind :(

No wonder, of course, it's my Dochia Day http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Dochia :rolleyes:
:scared:

But you can try every year until you pick a fair day, no? :shrug: :lol:

Those stories should be a lesson to all you mothers of boys. Be nice to your daughters in law. :armed:

What cruel weather you are having! :sad: But bright sun makes up for cold AND you can wear your hat. :lol:
True that. Not only do I have a mullet but today I'm having a bad hair day too. Can you imagine? :sobbing: Thank god it's freezing!

I couldn't believe it when I saw the sign. I nipped in there pdq. Then when I was taking a picture of it a suspicious security guy driving a golf cart :lol: asked me if I needed anything. I guess that's the ritzy way saying what the hell are you doing. :p

So many palm trees. things have changed in the 12 years I've been coming here. All the fields where huge date palms grew are gone. I noticed on my way here that a new field was planted about 60 miles from here. So some of old california still exists.

You know here there are wild palms that grow in the wet places in the canyons and there is an extensive grove growing along the san andreas fault where the fault has allowed a spring to form. I love the ungroomed palm trees with their big furry trunks.
sounds wonderful :inlove:

#355 · (Edited)

Metis MQ! :worship:

Now, we need Minn's MQ talents as well. :awww:

-
They opened another mini-supermarket in the neighborhood. Do they speak any Dutch? Heck no. The next time I'm shopping there, I'm writing down names and I'll start writing complaint letters. :armed: I'm sick of it.

/mini-rant.

#484 · (Edited)
Re: Rafa Mayhem Chat Thread - Fot Hatas But Not Only For Them - Vol. 69

Metis MQ! :worship:

Now, we need Minn's MQ talents as well. :awww:
Your wish is my command.

I had my first kiss on Careless Whisper
:awww:

Did you see this one?

James Bond in a dress (it's International Women's Day today)
This is awesome.

We don't celebrate International Women's Day here. I'd never even heard of it until a few years ago. I bet most people here have never heard of it.

gonna badrep Minn the next time i see her around

starting to annoy like mostly everyone else in this thread now
:speakles: :sobbing: Please forget to click on the red button when you do. I don't even want to contemplate a bad rep from you, especially when your good ones are :hearts:.

And ice hockey
Everyone should play this wonderful sport.

Teehee ice hockey, where has Melanie been? :sad:
Here's a story about Raonic in Deuce in case she'd miss it.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE-Tennis/DEUCE-Australian-Open-2011/Milos-Raonic.aspx
I haven't read it. I haven't read anything lately. :sad: I will read it. Thanks.

Great photos from IW! So many palm trees :inlove: and the beautiful mountains in the background.
Awesome pictures, Star. Looking forward to seeing more. The palm trees were some of the first things I noticed to. I like the short ones.

AND STILL I hear women talking about their husbands "helping" them, but no woman ever thinks of her household chores as "helping" her husband.
Good point!

The situation is only going to get worse with the economic crisis. There is a danger that with unemployment rates going up, women will be forced to return to their traditional role of housewives, losing their economic independence. Employers already refuse to hire women because they don't want to pay maternity leave, or they make them sign a contract that they will not get pregnant.
I can't believe that's legal.

The day when "you look/behave like a girl" adressed to a boy stop being an insult we'll talk about equality....
:rocker2:

You Flemings are lucky to learn French at school, if the Walloons were taught Dutch then for sure more of them would speak it
I think Hilde would be happy if all children were taught the other language at school, wouldn't you, Hilde? I'd be happy if it were that way here. It is to an extent but not totally.

You should start calling them names and see if they understand that. :p
:lol:

The whole point is...
:rolleyes:

I just want to...

Why can't I...

why am I...

I'm just saying...

You've been told over and over how this chat thread evolved. If you don't like it, don't come here. How would you like it if someone came in to your "home" and self-righteously told you everything you were doing was wrong and that the people you talked to all the time weren't allowed there anymore? That's what you're trying to do. No one wants to change this thread except you. Leave it alone.

Today was a good day for the thread:D
:rolleyes: :p

By the way, I like how you're matching your flags to your avatars.

#360 ·

I don't have a problem with people speaking French in Wallonia. That's a French-speaking area. :shrug:
Brussels isn't Wallonia. It's a bilingual city.
They should - legal obligation - be able to speak both languages in Brussels.

Written my first letter of complaint. :angel:
If they don't take me seriously, I'll take it further. I'm sick of it.

#363 ·

I don't have a problem with people speaking French in Wallonia. That's a French-speaking area. :shrug:
Brussels isn't Wallonia. It's a bilingual city.
They should - legal obligation - be able to speak both languages in Brussels.

Written my first letter of complaint. :angel:
If they don't take me seriously, I'll take it further. I'm sick of it.
:rocker2:

#365 ·

What's more, when I was in Charleroi, the walloons there were very friendly and willing to speak Dutch to me when they heard me talk in Dutch. So, it's not even a walloon thing.

It's mostly in and around Brussels that you get the morons who stick with French despite the law.

#367 ·

What's more, when I was in Charleroi, the walloons there were very friendly and willing to speak Dutch to me when they heard me talk in Dutch. So, it's not even a walloon thing.

It's mostly in and around Brussels that you get the morons who stick with French despite the law.
Not many people seemed to speak French (or willing to :eek:) when I was in Antwerp :shrug: why would you expect Walloons to speak Dutch?

#373 ·

How about you speak Dutch, the other person responds in French and so on? :p Since both of you understand both languages you could have a normal conversation and everyone would be happy. :shrug: :D

#374 · (Edited)

How about you speak Dutch, the other person responds in French and so on?
That would be great if that actually worked.

I speak Dutch to my German family and they speak German to me. Works perfectly well. I'll have to start speaking German to my new nephew until he's old enough but that's no problem...much.

But in Brussels, when confronted with one of those french-speaking pricks (note, not all of them are like that, some are willing), they refuse to understand you when you speak Dutch even if it's a very simple word you're using that's understandable in both languages (like asking for the toilet, it's the same word for both). It's this unwillingness that's infuriating.

Heck, I've often switched to French voluntarily in Brussels when the person is trying to speak Dutch but struggling. Showing contempt for Dutch and an unwillingness to understand it, is wrong.

#378 ·

OK, Wilde, we should establish some TT rules.

We should always, always, always pick Bozo :( You have to think at the possibility that i have a terrible hangover and I can't do the picks on my own and I'm forced to copy your picks and it appears that I picked Bozo's opponent :eek: THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

I kindly ask you to reconsider your position in the future, thanks :rolleyes:

#380 ·

Petru came home just the other day crying me a river that a kindergarden colleague called him a girl :rolleyes:

I ask
"Are you a girl"
"No"
"What are you?"
"A boy"
"Are you sure?"
"yes"
"did him made you doubt?"
"No"
"so why are you crying?"
"....."
"What am i?, A boy or a girl?"
"A girl"
"do you like me? Do you think I'm fine?"
"Yes"
"So, I ask you again, why the fact that someone said that you are like me made you cry?"
"You're right, mummy...."

:sport:

#382 ·

"Are you a girl"
"No"
"What are you?"
"A boy"
"Are you sure?"
"yes"
"did him made you doubt?"
"No"
"so why are you crying?"
"....."
"What am i?, A boy or a girl?"
"A girl"
"do you like me? Do you think I'm fine?"
"Yes"
"So, I ask you again, why the fact that someone said that you are like me made you cry?"
"You're right, mummy...."
:cool:

#388 ·

It all comes down to the Chinese anyway... If they're willing to take on English then it'll remain the universal language, but if for some reason they don't bother then we better start taking on Mandarin for our sake :unsure: :eek:

#389 ·

Andreea sounds like a terrible Mother

consider yourself bad repped

#393 ·

@@@only the nadal fans here

i am seriously put off with the continual suppressive attitude of mods over nadal fans.......you will not see Start da Game again on MTF if they don't delete this thread in 24 hours.......i am a man of my word.......

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=106710

#394 ·

@@@only the nadal fans here

i am seriously put off with the continual suppressive attitude of mods over nadal fans.......you will not see Start da Game again on MTF if they don't delete this thread in 24 hours.......i am a man of my word.......

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=106710
Seriously, if everyone who threatened to leave actually left there would be about 10 posters on MTF. :p

COURT 4 start 11:00 am
Qualifying - S Decoud (ARG) vs T Smyczek (USA) - ATP

This looks to be my first match. I thought both were entertaining players. Smyczek is so small, he can't have a good career, but I like his attacking style.

#398 ·

The International Women's Day, 8th of March :inlove: the day in which all Romanian women get really wasted( and a lot of presents, too) :eek: :worship:
oh yeah? what did you get? and did you buy yourself something nice too?

p.s - pics or it never happened :D

#407 ·

There is a thread in this forum only for real Rafa fans and free of Fedtards :shrug: i couldn't recomend it more :yeah:
The whole point is that we Rafa fans shouldn't HAVE to go there. The sub forums are supposed to be for fans ONLY. I think it's wrong to have a thread on Rafa's subforum that is full of haters saying lots of bad stuff about Rafa. They can do it as much as they like in the GM, but player's subforums are supposed to JUST be for fans, a place where fans can be alone and talk about their favorite player WITHOUT haters. It's supposed to be a free haven of some sorts, and it's not currently, and I think that's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.