Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafa Hatas & Co Chat Thread Subdued On Clay - Vol. 69

237K views 5K replies 50 participants last post by  scoobs 
#1 · (Edited)
Enjoy the coming spring with Rafa! :wavey:

Made the thread ready, will be back later with better titles, if you have any suggestions, my inbox is open. :D

#148 ·
Re: Rafa Chat Thread - Total And Utter Rafa Mania In Belgium - Vol. 69

Sometimes we think of as natural is only what we are used to. People used to talk this way of the phone company (I say "the" because There wad only one) I don't know if destroying that monopoly was good or bad, but certainly we function without it. Also, I think the regulatory system tends to be corrupt. If there is truly an organization that should have no competition, it seems to me that the gov't shoiuld run it and not a profiting company.

#151 ·

Sometimes we think of as natural is only what we are used to. People used to talk this way of the phone company (I say "the" because There wad only one) I don't know if destroying that monopoly was good or bad, but certainly we function without it. Also, I think the regulatory system tends to be corrupt. If there is truly an organization that should have no competition, it seems to me that the gov't shoiuld run it and not a profiting company.
not necessarily. the phone company may no longer be ubiquitous but cable companies still hold monopolies because the infrastructure involved in laying down cables still is a high barrier to entry. you can draw the market as small or as large as you want but certain industries will always be natural monopolies until something causes a paradigm shift that takes away the high cost of entry.

if you think the regulatory system is corrupt but feel the govt. should run it, is that not a contradiction of sorts? the govt. is often the regulatory body. or the "State" if you will.

#152 ·

If you want to define natural a something that currently exists, you are right.

The only difference being that private individuals are not enriched at the public's expense. The problem with the gov't running it is finding competent people to run things, but having represented the phone company prior to the break up, I'd say they had the same problem.

But now back to Lisciki and Cristea.

#159 ·

snow hits Athens tonight.

suburban area, not far from the city centre:
That's terrible to happen in March. :awww: brrrr. Just when Spring was around the corner.

Oh, definitely somewhere on mediafire. I'll try to find the link.

When nobody expects it anymore :lol:

No, seriously, all my tennis pictures (and Photoshop) were on the laptop that got stolen so I don't know...
Ahhh Now the motive is clear. The thief wanted all those Gulbis and Rafa pics. :drool:

#165 ·

Yesterday evening, I was watching the Oli vs Rafa match on my digital recorder and I wasn't planning on watching the whole match again but Christophe Rochus was commentating and much to my surprise, his tennis comment was :worship:
Who'd have thought that? I mean, you would have to suffer the odd "my brother should have played on Friday" comment but other than that: excellent.

Most tv commentators will stick with: "OMG, what a shot" or "that dropshot was phoned in" or "great backhand" but C. Rochus will actually get into the technical stuff without being boring, the strategy to use and not to use, the footwork, grip,... When he knows that a repeat is coming, he'll tell the viewer exactly what to look for.

I may think that he's often an utter plonker but I'd take him on as a tv commentator if he can keep up that level.

-
On my way to the railway station on my bike, I noticed that they've put up a huge video screen near the station and this morning, they were showing movie trailers on it (I was watching the trailer for the new animated movie with Johnny Depp). Excellent way of cycling smack against a fence or worse, that.

#166 ·

Here the main providers do have too much power: telephone & internet companies, electricity companies,...

Their profit margins are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge and the prices go up far too high compared with our neighboring countries just because they can.
So, in the same month, you'll be reading about the sickening profit they made in the previous year, followed by an article why the prices of gas, electricity, internet,...will have to go up to survive. :rolleyes:

Whenever the government tries to limit their power, their reaction is pretty much: tough shit. We dictate the prices, deal with it.

#221 ·

Here the main providers do have too much power: telephone & internet companies, electricity companies,...

Their profit margins are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge and the prices go up far too high compared with our neighboring countries just because they can.
So, in the same month, you'll be reading about the sickening profit they made in the previous year, followed by an article why the prices of gas, electricity, internet,...will have to go up to survive. :rolleyes:

Whenever the government tries to limit their power, their reaction is pretty much: tough shit. We dictate the prices, deal with it.
Ohh, that is not just "here" it is also "here" it is everywhere.

If JM is boasting with how much money he gets in that job, I'm not gonna applaud. Of course it is not JM's fault, everybody like money, but that does not make it right and moral.

#173 ·
Re: Rafa Chat Thread - Post Rafa Mania Hangover - Vol. 69

I don't expect you to understand it, JM.

Go back to resting far up Rogelia's arse. It's obviously cosy up there for you.

Anyway...trying to move on...
-
You just have to read that letter Evita posted in the Charlie Sheen thread in non-tennis. It's full of gems.
Example:
Moreover, Mr. Sheen recently declared he had self-healed his
addictions by saying that he "blinked and cured [his] brain." Accordingly, it is not surprising that no professional apparently was willing to attest that Mr. Sheen had self-treated, self-healed and self-cured his brain of his addiction problems.

#179 ·

It's weird to see stars like Charlie Sheen and George Michael going into self-destruct mode for everybody to see.

George Michael is not as far down the :cuckoo: path but he's currently also in a "WTF, get a grip" mode.

#256 ·

And to think that I used to like George Michael's music, actually still do. :eek: Oh those were the days. :awww: :lol:
What has his music got to do with his private hobbies? :shrug:

WG would be one of those people willling and able to defend that the earth is flat even if NASA would take her to the moon to admire the planet Earth as a globe just because she can. She's stubborn that way. :inlove:
I blame rampant colonialism.

#191 ·

I had my first kiss on Careless Whisper :awww: it sucks to get old :sad: :eek: :p
Guilty feet have got no rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.