Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafa Hatas & Co Chat Thread Subdued On Clay - Vol. 69

237K views 5K replies 50 participants last post by  scoobs 
#1 · (Edited)
Enjoy the coming spring with Rafa! :wavey:

Made the thread ready, will be back later with better titles, if you have any suggestions, my inbox is open. :D

#475 ·
#124 ·
Re: Rafa Chat Thread - Total And Utter Rafa Mania In Belgium - Vol. 69

Shit-job that gives me in a year what you can hope to earn in your lifetime... Sucker...
:lol:

your company steals money from the people, that is way everybody hates them, terrible buisness.....one of the worst and most disliked companies in whole of Switzerland...

Reactions: Thanos
#122 ·

Nobody posting?

Anyway. So many changes . BNP is pouring so much money into this tournament -- or someone is. I'll have to check out what the scoop is. Courts 7 and 8 are completely redone. And HUGE.

There is a practice schedule board. Completely new. Before there was no schedule, but that was kind of fun too.

#126 ·

I promised pictures but again, let me warn you that the quality is low for reasons explained earlier. (and because it took so utterly long for the camera to focus, the shots are usually badly framed and such because as much as I asked them, they wouldn't sit still for me ;) )

Rafa practicing on Saturday

The Nando underwear pic, this close-up ends the debate, he was wearing underwear. The sport owes me for all that I'm prepared to do in the name of research.

Numpties embrace

Numptie 1 & 2 joining the rest of the Spanish armada after the match

Numpties interview

Rafa signing autographs.
Scary yet funny looking bodyguard (bald, beard) to another bloke: "you.me.outside"

The Spaniards cheering the numptie who outnumpties all numpties on except that they're doing anything but watching the game. If you look carefully, you can see the girl sitting on Rafa's lap there.

#127 ·

thk Star:hug:

omg, see castina who picked an ass pic is:aplot::eek: thk u for the pics;)

:p

#128 ·

I gave up trying to make a good picture during Rafa's match because I couldn't get the camera to focus and I didn't want to spend the entire match fiddling with the damn camera either instead of enjoying the match.

#130 ·

Btw here the blog report that could've been written also by Hilde. :D If someone missed:
Blog - Belgians back Rafa

By Richard Fleming in Charleroi

Rafael Nadal fans come in all forms; old or young, male or female – and this weekend – Spanish or Belgian. Watching Rafa-mania is a sight to behold. The only person I have falling at my feet is a chiropodist. Rafa, meanwhile, has people falling over themselves for just the briefest of moments with their hero.

One young Belgian boy, with “Rafa’s #1 FAN” painted across his forehead, was almost bursting as he called out to his idol. Middle-aged women (one I heard had an English accent) wore their “Vamos Rafa” t-shirts with pride. Kids lurked by the team bench, pens and programmes in hand.

And there were pushy mums, cameras in hand, eager to snap Rafa with their kids, while testing the patience of security. Thankfully, Rafa is a patient man, with time for his fans, and happy to stand and smile as the flash bulbs pop and the cameras click.

He was also aware that his presence had caused quite a stir, and was humbled by it: “To all the Belgian fans, I say thank you. It’s been like playing at home and probably the best support we’ve had outside of Spain.”

Davis Cup is like no other men’s event. It thrives on nations coming together to back their boys, creating a special atmosphere. There’s been an extra special atmosphere in Charleroi, due to the Rafa factor.

Few sports men or women have quite the same effect as the world No. 1. He is a wonderful ambassador for Spain and for tennis – just ask the Charleroi crowd.
http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/articles/blog-belgians-back-rafa.aspx

#133 ·

Rafa is practically a saint, Andreea.

And what Star said, Roger certainly has no less followers but he seems kinda more distant for me personally too, that's why I've never 'warmed' to him as a person even if his game is of course sublime.

#137 ·

For Star, one Malisse pic during his practice session before Rafa's match on Sunday (a very bad pic because it's from too far away):

See what I mean with blurry? :awww:

For Andreea, a craptastic pic of Ferrer just to prove that I did try to get him on picture.
(that's from his practice session with Rafa on Saturday)

Okay, I'm done.

#138 ·

Companies should not hold more then 10% of the market each to ensure healthy competition and a true free market. the fact that this shit firm holds 60+ % already shows that there is no real free market but de facto a monopolist situation. the perfect condition for bad business.

#146 ·

hilde!! omg, you rock :inlove: thank you for the pics :hug:

cd2, this is faulty reasoning. some industries do not lend themselves to competition because of the huge infrastructure costs or other high barriers to entry. network-based industries often fall into this category and i belive jm works for one such company, no?

natural monopolies are not inherently evil but only a function of the market. plus there are forms of regulation that can be used in such cases.

#162 ·

cd2, this is faulty reasoning. some industries do not lend themselves to competition because of the huge infrastructure costs or other high barriers to entry. network-based industries often fall into this category and i belive jm works for one such company, no?
Don't bother with the nutter, always trying to stirr shit, hoping for me to go over the top so he can get me banned :zzz: my company is doing just fine and he knows it very well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.