Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is the early favorite for Roland Garros 2013?

Who is the early favorite for Roland Garros 2013?

26K views 342 replies 140 participants last post by  Chair Umpire 
#1 ·
What's the hunch like?

#164 · (Edited)
nonsense, not true at all. empty comments like this mean nothing to me. Djokovic can win RG on his own just fine. Fed's chances of beating Nadal at RG, even half injured Nadal are not that good (not impossible but again let's be realistic here, it's not very likely). It's not 'just his age', it's an old match up issue, clay etc.

Murray can win Wibledon too without anybody's help. I'm not saying he will, but he can. I do agree that healthy Nadal is a worse match up for Murray than Fed btw.

#170 ·
Djokovic by far.

He was the second best claycourter last year behind Nadal. But the Spaniard is not the player from last year, not even close. He is now vulnerable even to players like Zeballos and Rosol.:lol: Djokovic is the favorite to win the clay tournaments this year by default. Federer is older, Murray is not great on clay, Del Potro is better on faster hcs, Ferrer is useless against Djokovic and Nadal is now the Oldal/Kneedal version.

#171 ·
People forgetting how big of a gap Nadal had on the rest of the field last year. Yes, he's not the same player, but he still holds an advantage.

Big favourite to win it all

#174 · (Edited)
It really doesn't matter what happened last year. THIS year Djokovic is the favorite to win RG. And, dare I say, Murray is the favorite win win Wimbledon only because Federer turns 32 this year. By default Djokovic will very likely win RG and Murray win Wimbledon. I wouldn't be surprised if Fedal go slamless this year. Murray was the second best player on grass last year but Federer is a year older and at this stage, over30, it matters a lot.

IMO

RG: Djokovic
Wimbledon: Murray
USO: Murray or Djokovic

#232 ·
Ferrer remains overrated I see.

Nadal and Djokovic are the favorites of course. As for the rest, I'd highlight Federer of course - never wise to count him out especially in a year where there's a chance Djokovic and Nadal might be in the same half - and Del Potro because of how his game matches up with Rafa's - I believe he has the best chance of beating Rafa after Novak.

But these odds reflect well the fact that it will be a considerable surprise if anyone apart from Nadal or Djokovic win the tournaments, the rest are definitely long shots at this point.

#203 ·
One performance at RG >>>>>> The rest of his non-existent clay career

Wrong again? again? I believe I've been right A LOT lately with Nadal, Dubai and everything. Doubt many can say that :rolleyes:

#201 ·
What about Tomic? I think he is better than Rafito on clay. well, at least he is driving better cars :angel:

OK, seriously, getting tired of Nole, Rafa, Fed, Muzza ... wish some young punks would show up and win a major. remember that guy named Chang def. a mighty Lendl, oh that was good :hearts:

anyway, Acapulco >>>>>>>>>>>>> RG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.