Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Mathieu Montcourt rememberance thread. R.I.P.

70K views 227 replies 77 participants last post by  SERVivor 
#1 ·
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2009/20090707_110452_mathieu-montcourt-est-decede.html

Le tennisman français Mathieu Montcourt est décédé la nuit dernière. Il était âgé de 24 ans. L'information a été confirmée par Patrice Dominguez, le Directeur technique national. Les causes de son décès ne sont pas encore connues. La Fédération française a annoncé qu'elle publiera un communiqué dans la journée.

I don't know what to say. What is a lost match compared to this? :sad:

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mathieu Montcourt est mort

Agé de 24 ans, Mathieu Montcourt, 119e joueur mondial, est mort la nuit dernière d’une embolie pulmonaire.
Le tennis français est en deuil. Mathieu Montcourt, qui avait été éliminé cette année en 32e de finale à Roland-Garros, est décédé la nuit dernière d’une embolie pulmonaire. Droitier, entraîné par Jérôme Prigent à Roland-Garros, Mathieu Montcourt avait débuté sa carrière professionnelle en 2002.

Mathieu Montcourt aged 24 is dead last night "embolie pulmonaire", lung problem.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just found out by reading a friend's status on facebook. Looked for confirmation but couldn't find anything other than wikipedia, so I wasn't 100% sure. What a shock! :awww:
Saw him just a month ago in RG, he was smiling, taking time to take pics with children etc. It sounds unreal. :awww:

#13 ·
I just heard the news on radio :sad: So schocking :sad: I catch directly infosport on web and they say that "sa petite amie a retrouvé son corps sans vie dans la cage d'escalier de son domicile la nuit dernière. les causes ne sont pas encore connues". He's so young that's unfair.

#18 ·
I am shocked ;( young and talented guy:( R.I.P Mathieu

#19 ·
:sobbing: This is too sad. So unfair, so young. Saw him at RG this year, can't believe he's gone now.

#50 ·
Fran :hug:

I just read the news today. I was totally in shock and still am. Totally numb. It feels so unreal to me, too. I already planned the next trip for him and ERV if they ever come to Bangkok again :sad:

It feels like not so long ago we were out having fun together :sad: I can't believe he's gone... We'll miss you, Mathieu.

:hug:s for all his fans :hug:

Reactions: Carlita
#21 · (Edited)
I know it will sound like a very derisory thing to say, but maybe we could split the thread and put the "rememberance" messages in a new thread? This used to be his cheering thread, I see Adam renamed it since the news of his death was posted here too, but it feels weird to read our messages about his last tournaments just before.

Edit: thank you, Carlita!

#23 ·
The awesome hair is gone and it's sad that a person in the prime of their lives can depart the earth so suddenly.

Playing a tournament not so long ago and now dead, when your time is up it's up, just proves that have to embrace every living moment we have, because it can end so quickly.

To all the fans, remember the positive moments.

Reactions: Truc
#25 ·
07/07 - 11h44
Mathieu Montcourt s'en est allé

C'est avec une grande tristesse que la Fédération française de tennis a appris le décès brutal de Mathieu Montcourt, dans la nuit du 6 au 7 juillet. Mathieu n'avait que 24 ans…

Né à Paris le 24 mars 1985, Mathieu Montcourt avait débuté le tennis à six ans. Il a atteint la 104e place mondiale le 22 juin dernier. Il était 19e joueur français au classement national 2009.

Mathieu avait suivi la filière fédérale. Ses entraîneurs successifs furent Louis Borfiga, Olivier Soulès, Olivier Delaître, Guillaume Marx puis Jérôme Prigent, son coach jusqu'à ce jour.

Amoureux du tournoi de Roland-Garros depuis son enfance, "Math", comme on le surnommait, avait atteint le deuxième tour des Internationaux de France en 2006, 2007 et 2009. Il avait également remporté trois titres Challenger (Durban en 2007, Tampere et Reggio Emilia en 2008). Il avait aussi été vice-champion de France 15-16 ans, en 2001.

Mathieu était un jeune homme enthousiaste, passionné, très attachant, extrêmement apprécié pour sa gentillesse et sa politesse.

Les causes de son décès ne sont pas encore connues.

La FFT adresse ses plus sincères condoléances à la famille de Mathieu et à ses proches.

Un communiqué officiel de la FFT sera publié dans la journée.
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=5123

#26 ·
To all of his fans here,my thoughts are with you all,I am deeply shocked and saddened,and my heartfelt condolences also go to his family,friends and all of the tennis community.:sad::tears::sobbing:

As you somehow try to come to terms with this dreadful tragedy,try to think of the good moments he gave you all:hug::hug:

Reactions: Truc
#28 ·
OME..

I know how you feel. I think I feel the same.
I was in shock as well.

A passenger asked me to check his personal screen.
It was error while he was reading Mathieu's news.

ONce I saw it, I just couldn't do anything.
When the plane arrived BKK, I felt really bad
another crew member on board came to me asking
what happened? I said someone I just met months
ago has just passed away..

RIP young man.. You'll be missed !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.