Mens Tennis Forums banner

Frank Dancevic

199K views 3K replies 108 participants last post by  BethB 
#1 · (Edited)
Frank Dancevic (CAN) given Wild Card to London/Queen's Club

He beat Rusedski in the Quarters of Surbiton, and now he has a WC to a great event. I hope he does well.

#1,970 ·
Scheduled to play El Mihdawy in R1 at the Granby CH, hopefully his back is good to go now.

#1,972 ·
Decent R1 win in 2 sets and 1 TB, will play the winner of Borvanov and Jose Hernandez in R2.

#1,979 ·
Playing Borvanov today, never met before, don't think he'll do much to trouble Dancy, should win pretty easy if healthy.

#1,988 ·
I think Frank will win this, as I don't think physically Peliwo will be able to keep up after the long hot weather matches he's been playing.

#1,993 ·
Beats Moriya, will play Lacko in the final, then on to Lexington where he'll meet Ito in R1.

#1,998 · (Edited)
Ok, this win over Lacko is fairly convincing, Lacko's been playing crap lately though, even if it's just a CH I say give him a Roger's Cup WC over Levine.

#1,999 ·
Amazing serving performance today for Frank - 24 aces, 1 double fault, and a number of service winners too. I guess he might be able to go on serving so well for the summer and beyond, but I'd like to see him winning more points in rallies and at the net. Also like to see him not play this week for a break, then play Van., Toronto, and try to qualify for Cincy. I guess though he is chasing the points to get direct entry into the U.S. Open, but isn't the cut-off for that in just two weeks or something? He seems to invariably get hurt if he plays a number of weeks in a row.

With the win Frank will climb to No. 160.

#2,002 ·
i can definitely see frank getting that 4th spot, maybe even playing as the number 2 against novak. that way vasek is rested for the doubles and the sunday match against the serbian number 2.... i can't see vasek going 3 straight days away in serbia.. the joker has a bit more game than dudi selal;)

#2,005 ·
Not sure this is really fair to Frank. He is almost certainly going to face a much higher ranked player in 1st round (let alone after that) ... he could play very well in 1st round & still lose. I'm more interested in his level of play right now & whether he can stay fit .. of course I'd like him to win a few ATP 1000 matches, but right now, getting back to the top-100 is a more reasonable goal IMO.

#2,007 ·
great win my frank over becker. was up a break in the third and served for the match but was broken. had a match point on beckers serve. and then saved 2 match points in the third set tie break to come back. really happy with his effort and even happier with his mental strength to stay in this match and pull out the win

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.