Mens Tennis Forums banner

Frank Dancevic

199K views 3K replies 108 participants last post by  BethB 
#1 · (Edited)
Frank Dancevic (CAN) given Wild Card to London/Queen's Club

He beat Rusedski in the Quarters of Surbiton, and now he has a WC to a great event. I hope he does well.

#612 ·
Yeah really. I was there and I have no idea. Simon just absolutely dismantled him - it was not pretty. When was the last time Frank had a match in which he managed to hold serve only twice? Especially disappointing in comparison to the excellent efforts put forth by Polansky and Niemeyer. Those guys were pushing top 5 players to tiebreakers while Frank managed 3 games against Simon? :unsure:

But still, it was great to see him play. Got to watch one of his practice sessions too which was awesome.

This is a such a great tournament, I wish I could have stayed longer. :worship:

#613 ·
A friend of mine caught this on TV and taped it, so I've uploaded it. It's a profile of Frank done by The National. Interesting stuff.

Poor Franky. :sad: I certainly hope his life isn't as miserable as this piece tries to make it out to be!!

#616 ·
Thats a real shame that result to Simon.

I only caught the first 2 games as It began to rain and I assumed they would be off for a long time, as it was 3am over here in England and I had to be up a 9am I decided to head to bed.

Its a real poor loss but Frank has to bounce back, he might not like going to Nashville and places like that but right now making the semis of one of those challengers and earning about 30-40 points here and there will protect his 104 world ranking and maybe even just get him into the 90s where he should be ok to enter most of the ATP tournaments.

He needs another big tournament run before the end of this year, only one and that would see him well into the top 100. Another semi or final or even a tournament win should be enough to break into the 80s, a win taking him into the 70s maybe 60s!

#619 ·
Lost R2 in doubles.

Not entered in qualifying for Cincinnati (or wasn't ranked high enough to get in, not sure), so I guess he'll just rest up before the US Open. Hopefully this last loss, awful as it was, won't deflate the momentum he had built this summer.

#624 ·
Apparently Frank has a hip injury. Serious? No clue, as usual getting info about Frank is next to impossible.

Off topic - as I was watching yesterday's final couldn't help but remember back to the summer and fall of 2007 when Frank beat Del Potro three times in the span of a few months. And here we are, 2 years later with DelPo in the top 5 and challenging for slams and Frank still languishing out of the top 100. Slightly depressing. Anyway..

#627 ·
Maybe it's been bothering him for a while? I read about the hip injury on a blog somewhere, so take it for what it is.

For someone who likes the big stage, bailing on a 1000 Series event without a damn good reason seems very strange. If he's hurt does this jeopardize his Open? Someone help us out!

#630 ·
Well, there's that commercial with Frank jumping over the net, and the one where the tennis playing woman has milk for sweat or something. Maybe you combined them into one super commercial :cool:

Qualifying draw should be out later today, hopefully Frank will get some good luck. He should be the #5 seed, if my quick-and-dirty calculations are correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.