#382 ·
i feel that today Roger is lacking for confidence

#386 ·
OH no Roger broke Gil serve and with 2 ufs he gave Gil the chance to be 0-40
and with 2 an exceptional shots Roger made it 30 -40
but finally GIL break him
now 4-3

#387 ·
Fed is playing a lot more sloppy than yesterday - but credits to Gil - he's a good clay court player, much better than Hanescu.

#388 ·
I still think that Hanescu is a better claycourter overall but he just gave up in the secont set while Gil is the typical grinder Federer has sometimes difficulties with. Now at 5-4 Fed played a nice game dictating play with his forehand.

Btw Gil looks so much like the younger brother of Grosjean.

#395 ·
but in the next game he played much better and he break back

#390 ·
all the errors come from fh
his first set absent most of the time
bh is getting better and better
but give credit to Gil he is a good claycourter

play suspended again

#392 ·
And the forecast for the weekend is that it will stay that way... :scared:

I wonder if all of those FH errors are due to the wind? Shouldn't be, as it was windy yesterday as well. It's obvious Fed has something to work on again. This level of play isn't going to get him far against the Big Guys he'll be meeting next week in MC, that much is sure.

#393 ·
[rant]:sad: damn rain I came home when the second set was just starting I get to see two games and it's pouring down now. And the Eurosport commentators isn't sure whether they'll be back for tennis or whether they'll stay wth weightlifting.[/rant]
Oh well at least Fed won the first set.

#394 ·
Is it true that it moves easier on clay than on hard court? I watched a few games today (decent, not choppy stream :rolleyes: ) and I think Roger definitely moved more easily and better than IW and Miami. The forehand errors, and some sloppy play are ok for me cuz I think he was playing with some authority which is definitely a good sign.

#397 ·
He surely is moving a lot better than at IW/Miami, and that's a good sign indeed. Indeed, the FH errors are of course the result of aggressive playing, which is his style - but quite a few of those looked really sloppy.
Also, his serve doesn't seem to be working as well as it did before.

#413 ·
Shit. I missed all Roger's good games! Damn you Eurosport... :mad:

Is the weather supposed to be better this weekend? Playing in the rain would suck.
The weather forecast is still very bad, so I wouldn't be surprised that there are at least a couple of showers due. Well, it doesn't seem to bother Roger very much, so I don't mind at all. :D

#408 ·
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
im so happy with Roger's performance
keep it up Rogiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :worship:

#412 ·
WOW! So I missed the best part of this match, that's obvious - went out to have a bite during that second rain break, and when I came back, the match was finished! :eek:

Good job, Rogi. Guess he had enough of the rain and wanted to get the job done quickly. Good to read he was much better during the final games than during that first set, which I thought was rather sloppy at times.

Bodes well for the rest of the tournament, VAMOS ROGELIO! :rocker2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.