Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who's Going?

10K views 128 replies 37 participants last post by  tiptop 
#1 ·
I'm interested in how this ticket thing works there :lol: (i will maybe go)

Anyone who has been,can you tell me:

1.Can you reserve tickets by the phone or online few months before?

I dont understand,they say on the website that you need to overnight there to get a ticket??? :confused:

2.And,what price is THE GROUND PASS for the first few days Monday,Tuesday etc??? nothing on the website..with the pass you can watch courts to 3-19...
For centre,court 1 and 2 there are special tickets,I know that.But can you order them before and they just wait you when you come? ;)

Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Re: Tickets

Hi :wavey:

Wimbledon Showcourt tickets are sold in a ballot which runs from August to December the previous year, so you are too late to buy any that way :sad: However, they do sell 500 each day in the first week to people who queue - and yes - if you wanted a Showcourt ticket you would have to be there overnight. However, if you want outside court tickets (Courts 3 to 18 and also standing room at the back of Court 2), you should be OK as long as you get there by 7.00am in the morning.

Last year they started a new thing - that a few tickets for the Showcourts were also sold online through www.ticketmaster.com from about a week before the tournament (you printed out a voucher and picked them up at the Box Office on the day) - but I don't know if that will be happening this year again, or if it was just an experiment :shrug:

Last year, I think the Grounds Pass tickets for the first few days are around £25.00 (35-40 euros), which is not cheap but you do get a lot of choice of good matches on the outside courts for the first days. As to whether you should come - speaking as a local - I hate Wimbledon - it's crowded, overpriced, over-hyped, and I personally prefer watching tennis almost anywhere else :lol: If you're in the UK anyway and really like to watch grass court tennis, go to Queens or Nottingham instead - much cheaper and nicer in my opinion :) BUT............ many people love it, - it does have an atmosphere of it's own and if you are a real tennis fan it's probably worth going just once to experience it for yourself.

#3 ·

Hi :wavey:

Wimbledon Showcourt tickets are sold in a ballot which runs from August to December the previous year, so you are too late to buy any that way :sad: However, they do sell 500 each day in the first week to people who queue - and yes - if you wanted a Showcourt ticket you would have to be there overnight. However, if you want outside court tickets (Courts 3 to 18 and also standing room at the back of Court 2), you should be OK as long as you get there by 7.00am in the morning.

Last year they started a new thing - that a few tickets for the Showcourts were also sold online through www.ticketmaster.com from about a week before the tournament (you printed out a voucher and picked them up at the Box Office on the day) - but I don't know if that will be happening this year again, or if it was just an experiment :shrug:

Last year, I think the Grounds Pass tickets for the first few days are around £25.00 (35-40 euros), which is not cheap but you do get a lot of choice of good matches on the outside courts for the first days. As to whether you should come - speaking as a local - I hate Wimbledon - it's crowded, overpriced, over-hyped, and I personally prefer watching tennis almost anywhere else :lol: BUT............ many people love it, - it does have an atmosphere of it's own and if you are a real tennis fan it's probably worth going just once to experience it for yourself.
Thank you very much The Cat Lady (or Rosie :p) :worship:

Just to clarify:

Practically,for me,its almost impossible to get a ticket for Centre and court 1 now (the only way is to be there overnight and buy one of those 500).

As for the tickets for court 3-18,which I'm interested it,
They are selling it on the particular day,right?( I want a Monday ticket so I need to be there on Monday morning)
You dont need a special ticket for outside courts?
With the ground pass ticket,you can watch any match in courts 3-18?
I heard that on court 3-18 there are no marked seats,you just come and seat where you wish,true?

Sorry for making so many questions,but this indeed looks like a complicated Slam :lol:

#5 ·
help needed

hey peeps
i am looking to go to wimbledon for the 1st time this year
maybe for the 1st 5 days of main draw and possibly qualies
i am interesting in getting advice from others who have been before
i would like just a ground pass. does that entitle you to go to any main stadium (centre court or court 1)? can you get tickets on the day? do you have to line up? or do you have to buy them before hand?
also what about accomodation? i am thinking maybe find a hostel close to the venue. any suggestions?
hope someone can help me out
any assistance will be greatly appreciated
thanks a lot in advance

#6 ·
Re: help needed

Hi - tennisfancroatia started a similar thread to this a few days ago called "Tickets", and there are some answers in there that may help you.

#7 ·

The ticket system is diabolical for Wimbledon.

But don't worry Marko, Ljubo won't be on a show court ;)

If you do want a show court ticket, queuing overnight is actually more fun than it sounds, especially if you're with some friends or something (and it doesn't rain).

Ground passes are good for the 1st week as well, usually some good matches. Centre Court and Court 1 are 99% beatdowns and Brits losing.

#10 ·
the prices for court 3-8 sounds much cheaper than those in the center, that's killing me, emmm, maybe I could watch marat safin in those courts, haha

#16 ·
Re: Who's Going to Wimbledon 2008?

Federer. Federer. Federer.

#19 ·
Another year and I still won't be able to attend the tournament. :sad:

#22 ·
How much is the prices for the out side courts??

The passes when you travel around the out-side courts??

#26 ·
I'm not scared of either of you :p :nerner: You both know of my Wimbledon hate :eek: But I will be there a few times I guess - if only because Dima has more chance of winning a match on grass than he ever has on clay :eek: And I would like to watch him one match live this year :lol:

#43 ·
Ok ok....as long as you come to Wimbledon, I'll forgive you for skipping qualies :angel:
And yeah, she definitely can do with a couple of substitutions.
You haven't got such good taste yourself, Mr Chardytard :ras: ;)
Eastbourne is quite far from London still. It'll be expensive to travel up and down.
I've got friends in Brighton, so I could fit a trip visiting them around it :p

Edit - I see you weren't talking to me but nevermind :eek:

#49 ·
Apparently I'm the scary one, which is why someone in this thread didn't meet me at Roehampton last year, and practically ran when he saw me coming (at least that's what Adam told me). ;)

I wish I could go back, maybe 2009.

Reactions: adee-gee
#52 ·
:spit: I have done that to someone at ATP Rotterdam :rolls: But in general I find that people from MTF and WTAWorld are very nice, even if some are completely weird :unsure: But the weirdest guy I met at Roehampton was this photographer who started talking to me and seemed to have this obsession with underage Eastern European tennis players :unsure:

You should go back :D Roehampton is the best venue I've been to, to be honest. I :hearts: it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.