Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping #14 - Marseille - Congratulations mateusz2904 x2 and *Jean*!

27K views 259 replies 56 participants last post by  kingroger 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping #14 – MARSEILLE

What is Tennis Tipping?
In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:
- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.
- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:
Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit.
Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...14&postcount=1

How to send in picks:
Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match!. Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT: Marseille, day #]. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE
If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to kingroger1@hotmail.de

See less See more
#250 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #14 - Marseille - Sunday OOP posted!

Great day :yeah:

#252 ·

Sunday Interview

Our reporter caught up with Dutchman Eland just after he woke up and went down to have breakfast

----------------

Eland, how do you feel after Final's Day 1?

I feel bad. If Tipsarevic wins that game we had won. I think it's difficult to win now. But of course we do our best.

Did you sleep well?

Zberg has slept a little. He's been to a stripclub last night. I don't know where he is now. I drunk some French wine at the hotelbar and took a dive in my jacuzzi.

What is going through your mind right now?

I want baguette with a champagne breakfast. They will bring it up to me in a few minutes. How late is the final?

You are facing mateusz2904 and local hero *Jean*. Eurofighter told us that it is really hard to play in front of this French crowd. What's your impression about that?

The French public is very fanatic. Yesterday they threw chairs on the court after we played two game. But the crowd is great.

Tell us something about your performance yesterday. You did not look too happy out there...

My service was very bad. I lost my single game because that bad service and now we gonna lose our doubles game for the same reason. In the dressing room I broke four rackets, just like Baghdatis did.

Would you consider your run to the final as pure luck or as deserved? You did not face a seeded team en route to the final...

Pure luck. My volleys and serve are very bad, so it's a wonder we make it to the final.

You are tied after Day 1. How will you approach today's play?

As I said I think we'll lose the game. The opponents have a small lead and I don't think they gonna give it away.

Describe your partnership with Zberg!

Euhhhh, Where the hell is he?

You've had a terrible year in doubles so far. Tell us why you suddenly reach a final!

Not only for the doubles, but my singles results are also terrible this year. Last year I reached the 18th position, but now I'm a potential top200 player. Maybe it's because the champagne breakfasts.

This is your first Doubles Final since Valencia 2011 which you lost. Do you feel pressure?

No, yesterday we felt pressure. Now we are quite sure we'll lose the game. That's the reason Zberg goes to the strip club.

How do you handle getting booed out by the crowd? Will this be a factor today?

I think they booed us out because we throw the chairs back to the crowd. It's all in the game.

You showed some emotions yesterday - you kind of started arguing with a fan when he cheered after a double fault of you. What can you say about that?

Well, after the game I met her in the dressing room. She apologized and came with me to my hotel room.

Last Night we had another Players Party. This time we did not invite sponsors and tournament officials, the public was invited. You seemed to enjoy the evening with people you had never seen before. You were highly demanded. How did you like that?

Totally new for me! I liked it.

On the other hand the guy you argued with during the final attended the party as well. He was about to punch you in the face - only Zberg could save you from him. A shock for you? Will that influence your performance today?

Eeeuhhh, it was not a guy, but a girl. She wanted to punch me because I was talking with some other girls. Shit happens..

How did you like the week so far?

It's a great week. I like the good management of the tournament and all the parties. Also very nice players here in Marseille.

Which match was your personal highlight? From which experience can you learn the most?

I'm too old to learn..

Tell us about your upcoming schedule!

Next week I play Dubai and after that we'll play some games at the US hardcourt. I hope I can get some points there.

Now enjoy your breakfast and Good Luck!

Thanks mate. I'm gonna look for Zberg.)

#253 · (Edited)

Sunday Differences

Singles

00:00 | (3) mateusz2904 (POL) vs. Colt th magnific (FRA) (SR 0:0) - Same winners; SR Differences: Del Potro 2-0 v 2-1

Doubles

01:01 | Eland/Zberg (NED/NED) vs. (4) mateusz2904/*Jean* (POL/FRA) (SR 0:1) - SR Differences: None

#254 ·

Congratz mateusz2904/*Jean*.

Managers thanks!

#256 ·

I take a risk and i lost :eek:

Congrats mateusz and Jean.

Thanks kingroger and mahqz :wavey:

9 wins, end of line :angel:

#257 ·

Sorry Colt th magnific, Eland and Zberg :hug: we had strange finals this year here.
Jean :worship: we won doubles only because of your yesterday picks, you really earned that one! That was a fantastic week and I'm glad we stayed in Europe to play here:)
Thanks for great managing and (hopefully) see you next year guys :wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.