Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "RF" chat thread

393K views 3K replies 185 participants last post by  R 
#1 · (Edited)
As the administrators are closing threads I think they will do the same with the chat thread which Claire started. Threads are only allowed to get 5 000 posts, then they are going to get closed in order to help to make the forum go faster.

So I think it's time to start a new chat thread in the Federer forum :) I didn't knew which name to choose for the thread, suggestions are welcome.

Let's make this a thread of nice discussions, interesting questions of the days and hopefully many happy moments for Roger and us :)

People posting in this thread:

anon57 -> Kimberly
arm ->
biological -> Sophie
Chiudi-fan -> Yvo
clever1980 -> Tarrie
Eden -> Doris
Federerhingis -> Luis
icedevil0289 -> Usha
infinityfed -> Nadine
juninhOH ->
*Ljubica* -> Rose
lunahielo -> Luna
mangoes -> Sheryl
Mrs. B. -> Eva
neenah -> Nina
Rita -> Rita
Spirit fire -> Blair
Stupid Dream -> Karin
Suktuen ->
trickcy -> Lekha
Venle -> Venla

See less See more
#2,311 ·
Re: The "17 is our new favorite number" chat thread

Ouch! :spit: :awww: :scared:
I don't like insects (though I am aware that as pollinators, bees are vital to our survival).

Hope your butt will bee well soon :hug:

#2,314 ·

Hi everyone!
If you're a really old school mtf member, you might remember how I met a poster called SuperFurryAnimal on this forum (she's co-driver of the Federer Express).
We've met on this forum, soon started dating in real life and have been living happily together for over seven years now.

Well friends, I am happy to announce that we are pregnant and we can look forward to the first 'MTF' baby being born in February next year! :baby:

Regards, a proud and slightly anxious daddy-to-be!

#2,316 ·
Hi everyone!
If you're a really old school mtf member, you might remember how I met a poster called SuperFurryAnimal on this forum (she's co-driver of the Federer Express).
We've met on this forum, soon started dating in real life and have been living happily together for over seven years now.

Well friends, I am happy to announce that we are pregnant and we can look forward to the first 'MTF' baby being born in February next year! :baby:

Regards, a proud and slightly anxious daddy-to-be!
Amazing story. Congratulations to you and SuperFurryAnimal. :)

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

#2,315 ·

Congratulations Purple Rainbow!
I'm not an old school MTF-member, but I respect you and I've been reading you.
Your story is pretty amazing, and I have no words than congratulations for you and SuperFurryAnimal.

:hatoff:

#2,325 ·

Did Roger just say on FB that he doesnt feel like he lost gold but more that he won silver :awww:

Anyway Roger has won the gold for me ,so thats ok .I hope he concentrates on the US now :)

#2,327 ·

Did Roger just say on FB that he doesnt feel like he lost gold but more that he won silver :awww:
And that's exactly like it was. Fantastic achievement. :worship:
Rog's tank was entirely empty after that epic semi against Del Potro (so happy that he managed to get the bronze, in straights! :D), whereas Murray was in fact by far the most impressive player in this Olympic tournament.
Roger made the best out of it considering the circumstances (and let's face it, he didn't have an easy ride in the earlier rounds at all) and he should be proud of his achievement. I am happy to see that indeed he is. :hearts:

Just one more thing to add: Djokovic :ras: :ras: :ras:

(sorry about that, at times I just can't help myself. I respect the guy for his tennis, his great sportsmanship, and his awesome achievements, I just cannot stand his tards... sorry. :angel:)

As for a personal addition - me and my BF will be off to Montpellier coming Friday. Made all the arrangements (wheelchair, crutches, etc.), and oh boy, BF's recovery is doing so well!

Coming Soon To The Olympics In The Near Future:
Pushing Wheelchairs with a guy 85 kilos in said wheelchair for over 5 kms and further.
I'll be in. :p :lol:

:wavey:

#2,331 ·

have a lovely vacation, Karin :hug:
Thank you Kat! :hug:s

Looks like all will be fine right now. I've been training a lot with BF, well he made about 1000 meters on the crutches today. He's been doing real fine. :D
And he has a very positive mindset, that's a massive HELP as well. :bounce:

Took me about a week to make all of the arrangements for the plane flight but I think I've got it all covered by now. Still... nervous for what's to come, early morning tomorrow.

But, positive-as-positive can be - BF's recovery has been amazing up till now. :D :hearts:

:wavey: folks, hope to keep you updated from the lovely South of France!

#2,330 ·

Congrats Purple Rainbow :D Lovely news!

#2,343 ·

Leo :wavey: :hug:

Good to see you in here :)

Dee :wavey: :hug:

And have you discovered anything special? :p

We're indeed having a good time over here considering the circumstances. It's a heat wave over Europe now, not just the South, but the North as well, and knowning how terribly BAD the ... ehm 'summer' has been for the Northerners so far, I am happy to know that the folks back at home got at least one week of hot summer weather as well. :D

Over here? 38 degrees Celcius - in the shade. :p That's pretty friendly, knowing that the temp over at Clermond-Ferrand, a bit more to the north, surpassed the 40-degrees mark!
Not that I mind that much, the Gardon river is lovely and cooling. Only my planned hikings are *off*, it's a genuine no-go with these kind of temperatures, at least not over 15 kms or such, which I in all honesty think is a sort of 'beginner's' distance... well better luck next year on that. Still good on the plonging and canoe'ing in the river though! :hearts:
Not to forget mentioning getting some great deep tan (pretty hard to avoid, even with sun blocks) - I welcome the folks at home to mistake me for an Italian or a Spaniard once again when I return. :lol:

THE SUN = KING! (as well)

BF is happy that he manages to make more distance on the crutches with ever passing day. He's doing real fine lately, and fortunately manages to entertain himself on the terrasse of the mobile home we hired, playing his games and doing a bit of programming on the computer. :)
It's great to hear from you again Karin :hug:

Good news about your BF and that you have such an amazing time :)

We also had 38° here on Sunday. I don't mind nice weather but that was really to much for me :eek:

#2,337 ·

:wavey: a short notice from hot, HOT South of France.
All's well. I can only wish for 'Pushing a Wheelchair' to become an Olympic sport soon, as I'd surely be a candidate for a medal by now, haha.
Birdman's doing great, much much better than I expected. No troubles on the crutches, but unfortunately, the lovely Gardon river is out of reach for him. Not that he seems to mind much, he's enjoying the camping and his computer games as much as is possible considering his circumstances. :)

:D hope all's well with you folks here!

Rafarta&Grigorior♥;12323587 said:
Yes i am :haha:
Welcome as ever! We're friendly folks over here, Dee! ;)

#2,338 ·

^^ good to hear you guys are relaxing out there :)

Nice one again 2/10 Fedsie, :bowdown:

Anyone care to fill me in on why all of the Safin avvys lately?
I'll just move this post of yours in here:
In some GM thread Mark Lenders and Burrow were having a discussion and someone else said that it's hard to tell who's commenting because they have the same avatar. Then someone said we should all have that avatar, and ... it just caught like fire in a dry forest :shrug: The more posters switch to it the funnier it got, but the original story is not really that good or funny.

Just like I was pretty disappointed with the backstory for Ferrer's "Pics" nickname. I mean I thought the story about the guy who made the thread was funny, but I didn't see a reason for that to become his official nickname. The nickname is not actually about Ferrer -- it could have been any player.

#2,340 · (Edited)

I'll just move this post of yours in here:
In some GM thread Mark Lenders and Burrow were having a discussion and someone else said that it's hard to tell who's commenting because they have the same avatar. Then someone said we should all have that avatar, and ... it just caught like fire in a dry forest :shrug: The more posters switch to it the funnier it got, but the original story is not really that good or funny.

Just like I was pretty disappointed with the backstory for Ferrer's "Pics" nickname. I mean I thought the story about the guy who made the thread was funny, but I didn't see a reason for that to become his official nickname. The nickname is not actually about Ferrer -- it could have been any player.
Ah thanks for informing me Kat :hug:. I suspected it was something like that, and jests are always good, when in good spirits. :D

We're indeed having a good time over here considering the circumstances. It's a heat wave over Europe now, not just the South, but the North as well, and knowning how terribly BAD the ... ehm 'summer' has been for the Northerners so far, I am happy to know that the folks back at home got at least one week of hot summer weather as well. :D

Over here? 38 degrees Celcius - in the shade. :p That's pretty friendly, knowing that the temp over at Clermond-Ferrand, a bit more to the north, surpassed the 40-degrees mark!
Not that I mind that much, the Gardon river is lovely and cooling. Only my planned hikings are *off*, it's a genuine no-go with these kind of temperatures, at least not over 15 kms or such, which I in all honesty think is a sort of 'beginner's' distance... well better luck next year on that. Still good on the plonging and canoe'ing in the river though! :hearts:
Not to forget mentioning getting some great deep tan (pretty hard to avoid, even with sun blocks) - I welcome the folks at home to mistake me for an Italian or a Spaniard once again when I return. :lol:

THE SUN = KING! (as well)

BF is happy that he manages to make more distance on the crutches with ever passing day. He's doing real fine lately, and fortunately manages to entertain himself on the terrasse of the mobile home we hired, playing his games and doing a bit of programming on the computer. :)

@ Sean :hug:s - well there is a bit of your answer. Will reply to your PM soon. :D

#2,339 ·

Hello Dee! Welcome. :D :wavey:

#2,341 ·

Gonna ask it again!

Does anyone know where I can download or stream the;

SEMIFINAL AGAINST DELPOTRO (OLYMPICS)
FINAL AGAINST DJOKOVIC (CINCINNATI)

#2,346 ·

Does anyone know where I can download or stream the;

SEMIFINAL AGAINST DELPOTRO (OLYMPICS)

Hi. Not sure whether this'll be any use to you, since it's a BBC site and they're notoriously difficult to access from outside the UK, which I presume is where you are, but it's available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w3070
OTOH, since the BBC has been busy informing us that it wasn't responsible for any of the coverage and that it was all down to the Olympic Broadcaster, they don't own the copyright, and I see no reason to block coverage to other countries. Even if they do, presumably one of the Other Countries will also have had the opportunity to put it on their TV channel's website too. I know I found coverage of the Closing Ceremony, I think it was, on a Spanish TV website.

Hope this helps.

#2,347 ·

:wavey:
First of all: Doris, I will reply to your mail tomorrow and get things done!

I've been very busy lately.
First, I got good news about a lawsuit I got involved in (not that I wanted to at all - I wanted to settle things outside of the court in a convenant, but my opponent refused to do so, so there wasn't much of a different option left for me :eek:) - and I've won on all points.
At least at this occasion, but I'll have to wait whether he'll call for appeal in a higher court. I don't think it would be smart for him to do so, but well, I advised against the whole business and pleaded for an out-of-court deal in first instance too... but he wouldn't listen to me. The bad part of it all is that I once thought said opponent was in fact a friend of mine. So instead of rejoicing about my win, I still feel rather :sad: about it all having to come this far....
Shit happens. More for him than for me on this occasion, so far. :rolleyes:

Even better news: today my BF got the Green Light for being allowed and able to put weight on his left leg again dixit his surgeon :cheerleader:! I saw the X-rays myself and it indeed looked like his hip fracture had healed very well, it was pretty hard to discover the fracture lines on those pictures.

That said, tons of physiotherapy and training to follow right now, and the doc already told him not to exxagerate on it - he apparently fully understood what kind of very competitive person my Birdman is. "no Marathons, no Tour de France-actions yet, please", he requested.
Well the first thing BF did when he arrived home again was climbing on the home trainer :p - and it went very well.
His left leg now looks like a pencil compared to his right leg and he pretty sure wants to build up that muscle again asap. And I think he will. :D

Damn, know what, this year has got me three good friends of mine finding themselves with severe cracks and injuries on body parts - I guess I am a genuine Accidents-Will-Happen Magnet. :help:

As for tennis, too bad Fish had to pull out today.
I looked forward to that match... meh.

#2,348 ·

Karin :hug:

Good to hear that you won the lawsuit but I can imagine that it's not an easy situation. I mean you were still friends afterall...

So your BF does get physiotherapy now? I remember that you recently wrote that this wouldn't be necessary.

Great that the healing goes well :)

#2,349 · (Edited)

Doris! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! :hug:

Good to hear that you won the lawsuit but I can imagine that it's not an easy situation. I mean you were still friends afterall...
Yeah, it's a rather sad situation I feel. I mean I won, but I also advised him against this law suit, I did make a proper proposition to settle things *out of court*, and the outcome is now that he'll now have to pay me twice as much as I offered him for an earlier out-of-court settlement. Not the way I want to see things get dealt with, not at all... :sad:
I warned him plenty of times, but somehow he didn't want to believe me. The major problem for me is that I do have a genuine Master's of Law University Title, but somehow he didn't want to trust me, anyhow - that I meant WELL for both of us. Be sure that if *I* advise someone to NOT take matters to court, but settle it in an outside court-agreement, I DO MEAN WELL. The most saddening point from my point of view is that he for some reason didn't believe me. He mistook me for an 'enemy', and that is as sad as I can think of. Let it be known: I am *noone's* enemy.
It hurts. :eek:

So your BF does get physiotherapy now? I remember that you recently wrote that this wouldn't be necessary.

Great that the healing goes well :)
YEAH!!! :cheerleader:
Well the BF will have to do a lot of excercising, and he's found a pretty good physiotherapist, and she was very pleased about what he's been doing on the camping already - even while being on the crutches. :D

He got X-rays taken at the hospital past monday again and the surgeon's verdict was that the fracture was pretty much healed already. I saw the pictures as well, and yes - looked pretty good to me!
Now it will be a matter of training, TRAINING, and TRAINING, just to build up his left leg's musculature again. There's not much left of that, I daresay, but with my BF's fighting spirit, I'm pretty sure it will turn out all well.

The wheelchair is OFF for now, and we're so happy about that! :cheerleader:
He even managed to hobble himself on just one crutch to our Mind Sports Centre yesterday, some 1500 meters, not too bad. :D

So yeah... pretty good indeed! :D

Thanks for your asking Doris. :hug:

#2,350 ·

So Karin and Doris - are you going to see the DC?
Who other is going there?

#2,355 ·

So Karin and Doris - are you going to see the DC?
Who other is going there?
Doris will be there for all the matches, I will be joining in on Saturday and Sunday. :)
We know quite a few friends who will be around there too! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.