Which book do you currently read? - Page 123 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #1831
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which book do you currently read?

First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie (on BTAH). Honestly one of the best 'gritty' fantasy series out there.
Police Of Mind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #1832
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

@Pablo: Have to ask, what is your reading speed? You gobbled the Lynchies like candies it seems.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #1833
country flag Imperator

Imperator has a reputation beyond reputeImperator has a reputation beyond reputeImperator has a reputation beyond reputeImperator has a reputation beyond reputeImperator has a reputation beyond reputeImperator has a reputation beyond reputeImperator has a reputation beyond reputeImperator has a reputation beyond reputeImperator has a reputation beyond reputeImperator has a reputation beyond reputeImperator has a reputation beyond repute

The bible

It´s a very nice fantasy history thriller. It´s about the rise of a god(father)´s planet, the people and the personality cult around him on this planet. Big surprise when his son appears but I haven´t finished the book yet. So please don´t tell me about the ending
Imperator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #1834
country flag Pablo23

Pablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
@Pablo: Have to ask, what is your reading speed? You gobbled the Lynchies like candies it seems.
I'm not sure, I never cared much about reading speed Since I'm (still) on holiday, I have lots of time, and I took lots of little breaks while reading, that's something rare for me. I could have finished them faster, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
The bible

It´s a very nice fantasy history thriller. It´s about the rise of a god(father)´s planet, the people and the personality cult around him on this planet. Big surprise when his son appears but I haven´t finished the book yet. So please don´t tell me about the ending
that's so old!

Roger Federer - Stan Wawrinka - Jerzy Janowicz - Lleyton Hewitt - Dominic Thiem - David Goffin

TT Singles [Rank: #122 / Best Rank: #122] [ Titles: - ] [ Finals: ATP Bastad '14 - Kaohsiung 14' ]
TT Doubles [Rank: #140 / Best Rank: #140] [ Titles: León '14 ] [ Finals: New Delhi - Busan - Pune 14' ] --> with MachineGun

ST [Rank: #64 / Best Rank: #64] [Titles: Kuala Lumpur 14' - M1000 Shanghai 14' ]
Pablo23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #1835
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone using a reader like Balto Speed Reading? It improved my speed tremendously, and it is still increasing.
retister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #1836
country flag miura88

miura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond repute

One-Storied America by Ilya Ilf & Evgeny Petrov
Old Yesterday, 04:17 AM   #1837
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
The bible

I'm a big fan of the book of Austin, chapter 3, verse 16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post
Anyone using a reader like Balto Speed Reading? It improved my speed tremendously, and it is still increasing.
There's Spreeder but I only use that for reading articles.
Police Of Mind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:22 AM   #1838
country flag monfed

monfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond repute

Could anyone recommend a nice fast paced book that isn't too deep and preachy to read. A thriller. Thanks.

#Bel18ve
monfed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:56 AM   #1839
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

IT-Stephen King. Masterpiece.