Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nole Chat Part 4 - THE EXAM THREAD!!! nerds inside, some survivors too.

133K views 5K replies 40 participants last post by  Lee 
#1 · (Edited)
:unsure: Idemo?

#3,434 ·
Re: Nole Chat Part 4 - THE EXAM THREAD!!! survivors and nerds inside

Still, it is best of 5, upsets will be more rare here.

:lol: Are you forgetting where we are? This whole board - and subforum - is filled with too invested people, you will be in good company by then. Heck, I´ll have quite some free time that week as well, so expect me to chip in with the emotional investment :p

#3,471 ·

Joe :wavey:

You´ll get used to it soon enough. Just make sure you´ll be able to watch the matches instead of relying on a friend to tell you the score :p Good night Katja :wavey:
It was good though, he won :shrug: he always wins when she sends me scores, we might need her in the next two weeks :p and as I've mentioned, her grandparents are going to be there :cheerleader:

:wavey:

I have my statistics exam tomorrow, and then I'm free for 10 days, so I can take in Roland Garros, at least for the first week. :cool:
I hope you did well!

I got a 97% at maths :rolls: still can't believe how easy it was :lol: And a 5 at French. So nice to finish this awful week on a positive note :D

As a random aside, it has just struck me that I haven't spoken a word for nearly four days. I've been too lonely at home on my own. :facepalm:
:hug: Do you live alone or was it just a coincidendce?

I did but I can't remember what. I think it was to just continue the good work I did last year.
What do you want to do in the future? For example, if you had almost no financial limitations, what would your hobbies include? ANd what is your dream job?

Quit smoking. Have fallen off the wagon once or twice, but I have not touched a cigarette in over a month ATM, so that is positive.

You?
:cheerleader:

The guy who tried to kindap a woman jogger in my neighborhood on Tuesday was caught by police yesterday in the shopping area across from my place. This guy is responsable for a string of sexual assasults and exposure starting May 14. All happened in places where I frequented the most :eek: But it's quite a relief that he's behind bar now.
:yeah: So glad they caught him! Was he from the area?

I have licence back :D
:woohoo:

#3,443 ·

Evening George and Michel, how are exams going?

So weird that I have finished Uni for almost a month now, since I do a none exam course.
Exams are going okay, thanks. I need to do the last three well, though. :yeah:

Even better, you will almost have the full 10 days off :D

My exams are next week, so this week I´ve mostly been studying and finshed some assignements I had due.

Well Joe, now that you have all that time, I´d sit down and think of improvements you can introduce into your daily routine (should you so wish) if I were you, now that you can think long and hard about it.
Yeah, will be nice to relax for a few days before thinking about studying for the last two exams, which are in June. :yeah:

I hope you study harder than I do. :lol:

As a random aside, it has just struck me that I haven't spoken a word for nearly four days. I've been too lonely at home on my own. :facepalm:

#3,442 · (Edited)

My exams are next week, so this week I´ve mostly been studying and finshed some assignements I had due.

Well Joe, now that you have all that time, I´d sit down and think of improvements you can introduce into your daily routine (should you so wish) if I were you, now that you can think long and hard about it.

#3,444 ·

I need to do that.

Problem is, there's not much for me to do, without having any money lol.

#3,516 ·

Once you've learned the basic techniques such as creaming, folding, cutting, etc, baking is pretty easy if you follow a recipe. It's just practice. Having someone follow you around and cleaning up, doing the dishes, etc. is really nice though, I wouldn't mind a kitchen helper. :p

I find baking very satisfying, There's something about the precision that appeals to me. I remember as a child laboring to produce an absolutely perfect loaf of bread with the perfect crust, the perfect grain. It's not so easy with a child's arms to knead the bread enough to get the grain very fine. Even so, I loved kneading until the dough took on a silky sheen that let me know it was ready,

And as you say, making things yourself is normally better. Unless you really mess up! Which I've done many times. :lol:
Wow, a lot of information and insight in just a few paragraphs of writing. I like your account of kneading the bread, because I can relate to that feeling where a child becomes obsessed with completing something that wouldn't be so important. :lol:

I should really practice more, and I think I'll do so in the summer. :D

I love baking, but I absolutely hate doing the dishes afterwards (we don't have a dishwasher :()

Do yourself a favour and try to cook as often as possible instead of eating instant meals. There's tons of really simple recipes online (or just ask here :p) :D
Let me tell you a little secret. Nobody likes doing the dishes. :p

I think I will make a conscious effort to cook more, now that I think about it and have you telling me this. Thanks. :)

#3,520 ·

Wow, a lot of information and insight in just a few paragraphs of writing. I like your account of kneading the bread, because I can relate to that feeling where a child becomes obsessed with completing something that wouldn't be so important. :lol:

I should really practice more, and I think I'll do so in the summer. :D

Let me tell you a little secret. Nobody likes doing the dishes. :p

I think I will make a conscious effort to cook more, now that I think about it and have you telling me this. Thanks. :)
Everyone I know owns a dishwasher, at least those who cook often :shrug:

Enjoy your cooking experience and let us know how it goes :yeah: Or share some easy recipes, because I really need some new ones :p

I think they are. Jelena is not like most WAGs enjoys following her man around. From her tweets, she really enjoys doing the works for the Foundation. And Nole did most of the promo and guy's stuff when she was not around. They spent more times together than their earlier days. I think they have the right balance. Yes, Nole focus better when she's around but may be that's the result of they prefer more time to themselves when she's with him.
I think you are spot-on! Or perhaps that's just what I hope :p

Good luck with suit-shopping!

#3,452 ·

Lee. :hug:

I did but I can't remember what. I think it was to just continue the good work I did last year.
Reason I asked, is that they can be a good way to keep yourself moving in the right direction, lifestyle wise. I know you'll be fine in the end, and things will seem much easier once you are able to get a job. :)

Quit smoking. Have fallen off the wagon once or twice, but I have not touched a cigarette in over a month ATM, so that is positive.

You?
Oh dear, well, I hope your willpower can hold you back from the temptation, indefinitely. :)

I made a pretty standard set of flexible resolutions. Do better in exams, read more novels, eat a little more healthily, start a meaningful relationship with someone, be nicer to everyone, & many more. I'm doing okay, I'd say.

#3,463 ·

The guy who tried to kindap a woman jogger in my neighborhood on Tuesday was caught by police yesterday in the shopping area across from my place. This guy is responsable for a string of sexual assasults and exposure starting May 14. All happened in places where I frequented the most :eek: But it's quite a relief that he's behind bar now.

#3,464 ·

:hug: :hug:

This is great news.

Just shows you though how twisted and obsessed this guy is though. He couldn't even stay out of the area for a few months while things died down. And now we will see how much time he does. :(

#3,480 ·

I wrote a long post. Clever, witty, with superb style and literary references only to have it eaten by the cyber dogs who roam the Internet pouncing on the unwary. :mad::
Don't you just hate that? :mad:

#3,479 ·

I just saw a pic of Rafa at the draw. He's looking adorable, but the kid needs to learn how to iron! Let this be a lesson to all the kids out there. You never know when some photo is going to immortalize your unironed shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.