Mens Tennis Forums banner

~*~ Next stop Miami ~*~

6K views 67 replies 14 participants last post by  Mashik 
#1 · (Edited)
Good luck to Bob & Mike :bounce:

(1) BRYAN, Bob (USA)/BRYAN, Mike (USA) vs. BHUPATHI, Mahesh (IND)/MOODIE, Wesley (RSA)
GONZALEZ, Fernando (CHI)/MASSU, Nicolas (CHI) vs. BERDYCH, Tomas (CZE)/LEVINSKY, Jaroslav (CZE)
GASQUET, Richard (FRA)/GROSJEAN, Sebastien (FRA) vs. ALLEGRO, Yves (SUI)/FEDERER, Roger (SUI)
NADAL, Rafael (ESP)/YOUZHNY, Mikhail (RUS) vs. (7) ERLICH, Jonathan (ISR)/RAM, Andy (ISR)

(4) HANLEY, Paul (AUS)/ULLYETT, Kevin (ZIM) vs. FYRSTENBERG, Mariusz (POL)/MATKOWSKI, Marcin (POL)
CALLERI, Agustin (ARG)/NALBANDIAN, David (ARG) vs. ASPELIN, Simon (SWE)/PERRY, Todd (AUS)
MATHIEU, Paul-Henri (FRA)/MONFILS, Gael (FRA) vs. KNOWLE, Julian (AUT)/MELZER, Jurgen (AUT)
ANCIC, Mario (CRO)/LJUBICIC, Ivan (CRO) vs. (8) CERMAK, Frantisek (CZE)/FRIEDL, Leos (CZE)

(5) DAMM, Martin (CZE)/PAES, Leander (IND) vs. GINEPRI, Robby (USA)/HAGGARD, Chris (RSA)
ANDREEV, Igor (RUS)/DAVYDENKO, Nikolay (RUS) vs. FERRER, David (ESP)/ROBREDO, Tommy (ESP)
SAFIN, Marat (RUS)/WAWRINKA, Stanislas (SUI) vs. (WC) GOLDSTEIN, Paul (USA)/THOMAS, Jim (USA)
SUK, Cyril (CZE)/VIZNER, Pavel (CZE) vs. (3) KNOWLES, Mark (BAH)/NESTOR, Daniel (CAN)

(6) SANTORO, Fabrice (FRA)/ZIMONJIC, Nenad (SCG) vs. LINDSTEDT, Robert (SWE)/NIEMINEN, Jarkko (FIN)
ETLIS, Gaston (ARG)/GAUDIO, Gaston (ARG) vs. HRBATY, Dominik (SVK)/STEPANEK, Radek (CZE)
(WC) GIMELSTOB, Justin (USA)/HUSS, Stephen (AUS) vs. BAGHDATIS, Marcos (CYP)/VOLANDRI, Filippo (ITA)
ACASUSO, Jose (ARG)/PRIETO, Sebastian (ARG) vs. (2) BJORKMAN, Jonas (SWE)/MIRNYI, Max (BLR)

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: ~*~ Next stop Indian Wells ~*~

Bob and Mike got a REALLY tough quarter for Indian Wells. Their first round match is against Bhupathi/Moodie, a new pairing, but two tough players. They also have Erlich/Ram in their quarter and a possible second round match-up with Gonzalez/Massu, who they'll most likely play in Davis Cup in April. Should be a really exciting Masters Series....hopefully they'll cover some of the doubles on this new broadband site! We could get video clips! :) That would be awesome!

#3 ·

The guys play today :banana:

#6 ·

Yeah :eek: Andyoni :sad:

Good for the twins I guess :)

They're so popular in SoCal, I heard a lady say that last year there was standing room only in the stadium they were playing. They're playing one of the 2nd-size stadiums and it fits maybe 3,000 or so people so it will be a nice supportive atmosphere for them :)

#7 ·

The guys won 4-6 6-3 (10-4) They had a tough time early on and til they broke at 3-2 in the 2nd had barely won any receiving points :eek: They actually won one less point overall in the match but who cares :p

Good test for them early on I guess. Hope they will win more easily from now on ;)

#10 ·

Way to go Bob and Mike! I knew this match up would be a tough first round, but they pulled it out! :) I'd much rather play Berdych/Levinsky on hard courts than Gonzalez/Massu. G/M are GREAT baseliners and hard courts are perfect for their game. They usually give Mike and Bob a pretty hard time, though we've beaten them a number of times since the Olympics.

#12 ·

Amber said:
I do have to say, I LOVE watching Gonzalez/Massu play doubles. They're very entertaining! We watched them in Cinci against Bjorkman/Mirnyi and they were hilarious. I think they're great for doubles. :)
Oh my gosh yes! I remember that! First year I went to Cinci and the doubles had sucked all week... but this match was sooo funny! Highly entertaining!

#14 ·

37 minutes |: :eek:

#16 ·

6-3 6-2 in less than an hour :rocker2:

Onto the semis! :)

#20 ·

They won! into the finals!:D

Tough match, they saved all 6 BPs they faced (and actually probably more than that b/c the stats don't count the deuce deciding points)

They'll play Knowles/Nestor :)

#22 ·

Zero. they're not even showing one of the mens singles semis and the other is in the middle of the night tape-delayed. It's the weekend during March Madness. Tennis is bottom of the barrel, unfortunately :(

#24 ·

There's a thread in GM about watching IW online... I followed the links in there and got the TVAnts software and it's pretty good... but I dunno if they'll show the doubles final or not :awww:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.