Mens Tennis Forums banner

Join our blogging team!

64K views 133 replies 30 participants last post by  lupojohn 
#1 · (Edited)
MensTennisForums.com is on the look out for passionate, energetic and opinionated tennis fans who can help bring our network of tennis blogs to life. Interested?

* Do you follow tennis regularly?
* Do you have opinions about the latest news and results on the pro circuit?
* Can you write?

You are not expected to produce short novels every time you post on your site. But if you can post a few lines or paragraphs whenever you have access to new information, gossip, results you’ll be on the way to producing a compelling online journal that likeminded fans will love to read.

Here’s what we offer:
* Your own account on our blog system: where you can publish the latest news, results and information about your favorite pro athlete(s) on the professional tour.
* The best tools: the only news publishing system built by tennis fans, for tennis fans.
* Team work: multiple users can work on the same blog; work as a team to produce the most compelling internet resource about your favorite tennis professional.
* Publicity: your blog entries will be featured on leading sports, news and entertainment related websites across the Internet.
* Rewards: earn vCash for your contributions; transferable to your MensTennisForums.com account for special perks and priviledges.

If you are interested in joining our team of bloggers, please send an email to blogs@tennisuniverse.com with the following information:

Name of the player(s) you wish to blog about;
Your name;
Your age;
Your forum username;
A sample blog entry.

Over 100 bloggers are already sharing their passion and publishing their opinions on the TennisUniverse.com network. Why not join them today?

Thanks for your interest!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
You can join an existing team and site and help contribute. The sites in place were just setup as a starting base for our new ATP section and all need bloggers to get things moving properly.

We only have a few bloggers on the ATP site at the moment. We have hundreds helping on the WTA fan blogs and we need to catch up. :lol:

It's really about pooling the information together we already have on the forums, so it's more easily accessible to people who have less time to browse the sub forums and threads. This has already been a huge success on the WTA site, so we're going to try to catch up and prove MTF can compete with them. :p

It's very similar to posting on the message forums:
You can use all the same emoticons/smilies in your blog posts as you use here;
You can include photos you upload to our photo galleries, or the other popular image sharing sites you use;
You earn $250 vCash for every post instead of $3 for posting on MTF alone (we will be making vCash more valuable in the future with new rewards both on the forums, and things you can claim off it).
You can also attach YouTube videos to your blogs (also known as vBlogging)

Instead of your useful posts getting lost in pages of flame wars, it stays prominently featured on a dedicated fan site.

We think it's a fun project for those who enjoy the concept of web publishing, love being part of this community and want to work together to help build an even bigger universe of tennis information. But we also understand this is not for everyone ;)

#5 · (Edited)
cobalt60 said:
Will these blogs be monitored or not?
They are monitored in terms of our editorial team compiling the best content that appears on our homepage every day. But so far in the months we've been doing this on the WTA site, we've not deleted a single post from any blog site, even controversial entries that created a bit of a stir. :)

Can posts be deleted? Yes in extreme circumstances such as breaking the law, infringing copyright and when served a takedown notice. But that same thing applies to every hosted service on the internet, be it a blog, website or otherwise. It's the legal responsibility we have to abide by as a service provider. But we will not remove content that we disagree with in editorial terms. You are free to express yourself as you like, as long as it's in a lawful manner. :p

#6 ·
hey amanda, not sure if you guys fixed this or not, but when i tryed to trasnfer vCash from there to here, i used my forum ID# (mine is 8296) and nothing transferd, when i clicked on link to see my profile, it took me to WTAworld. so who ever has the same Forum ID# over there got all my vCash :sad:

EDIT. nm, looks like its fixed :yeah: :)

#7 ·
Thanks for answering that question about whether certain posts will be deleted for not, makes things clearer.

#8 · (Edited)
:wavey: sorry to rain on your parade here....but can't we keep the blogs in this bit of MTF?

I"m sorry but I opened MTF after my break, went to the player's forums and was :eek: :eek: :eek: WHAT 's this!?! I think it looks confusing and messy......like I'm seeing double.... just my opinion of course...... :eek:

i would really love the old MTF Player Forums back.... :awww: (or can they be put inside the original forums so you only see them when you open a player forum?)

#9 ·
~*Carlita*~ said:
:wavey: sorry to rain on your parade here....but can't we keep the blogs in this bit of MTF?

I"m sorry but I opened MTF after my break, went to the player's forums and was :eek: :eek: :eek: WHAT 's this!?! I think it looks confusing and messy......like I'm seeing double.... just my opinion of course...... :eek:

i would really love the old MTF Player Forums back.... :awww: (or can they be put inside the original forums so you only see them when you open a player forum?)
After much testing and consultation on WTAworld.com we concluded this was the best way to do it. We tried mixing the blog entries with each player forum but the general feedback we received is people preferred a separate forum for the threads to break things up. Unfortunately, at this time all blog posts have to be entered as new threads and it clogs forums if we place the entries there with the discussion threads. If that situation changes in future, we will revist the idea of creating a single thread in each forum where all blog entries are made - which is our preference.

Our experience tells there's always plenty of people who take unkindly to any changes we make on the site in the immediate term. :lol: But this is something we've tested for a number of weeks now on the other site and we feel is the best way forward.

#10 · (Edited)
wtn_amanda said:
After much testing and consultation on WTAworld.com we concluded this was the best way to do it. We tried mixing the blog entries with each player forum but the general feedback we received is people preferred a separate forum for the threads to break things up. Unfortunately, at this time all blog posts have to be entered as new threads and it clogs forums if we place the entries there with the discussion threads. If that situation changes in future, we will revist the idea of creating a single thread in each forum where all blog entries are made - which is our preference.

Our experience tells there's always plenty of people who take unkindly to any changes we make on the site in the immediate term. :lol: But this is something we've tested for a number of weeks now on the other site and we feel is the best way forward.
Maybe so.... but what's wrong with keeping them all here?

Over in Spanish Armada Land people are going :confused: what's this?!

If you put them with the player forums, you are duplicating in a way...because it's nothing new..... Like Nando falls to Monaco.... we knew that :lol: and when he wins or loses today... we will already know too because we have a cheering thread / news thread, which, imo, work a lot better.

Sorry I'm all for progress, but this really looks confusing! I've been in the wrong part of the threads a few times already!! :lol:

Can't you ask people around here if they like it like this? And if most say they like it, fine.... :shrug:

afterall, we are not WTA World ;)

hmmm oh well, nevermind me.... i'll just do my best to pretend they are not there....

#11 ·
~*Carlita*~ said:
Maybe so.... but what's wrong with keeping them all here?

Over in Spanish Armada Land people are going :confused: what's this?!

If you put them with the player forums, you are duplicating in a way...because it's nothing new..... Like Nando falls to Monaco.... we knew that :lol: and when he wins or loses today... we will already know too because we have a cheering thread / news thread, which, imo, work a lot better.

Sorry I'm all for progress, but this really looks confusing! I've been in the wrong part of the threads a few times already!! :lol:

Can't you ask people around here if they like it like this? And if most say they like it, fine.... :shrug:

afterall, we are not WTA World ;)

hmmm oh well, nevermind me.... i'll just do my best to pretend they are not there....
Got to agree with Carlita - the blog in Verdasco's forum is, IMO, just a news report that's a month out of date. Can't see what it adds to the forum at all.

Reactions: Carlita
#13 · (Edited)
I agree with Carlita too. I mean in the Djokovic forum the blog headline is something about Djokovic beating Goldstein. And since we were posting scores all throughout his match, I have no desire to even read the blog. It just seems repetitive and a little pointless. :shrug:

#17 ·
good_gambler said:
wtn_amanda is it true that if you are an aspiring sports journalist this can help out in a way? and if so, how? :confused:
It can definiitely help because you have real world examples of your work out there on the internet, and samples you can put in your professional portfoilio. We also plug your blog entries to multiple sites, search engines, who will post a teaser and a link back to your blog for the full article. So you're getting promoted on here, exposure on other internet sites, who knows who might read your articles, and you publish work using professional news publishing tools.

#19 · (Edited)
NicoFan said:
I don't understand it - :lol:

We already do these things on our own player forums. :confused:

And where did Tangy see who already took a player?
Here's the thing. Not everyone has time to trawl through pages of threads to find information that interests them. By posting any news and information you have about a player, even if it's already in the forum, you're making the most interesting material easily accessible to far more people. Some of the news threads in the player forums are over 150 pages long :lol:

The blog subforum breaks all this down into one thread articles which is alot nicer for guests and infrequent visitors. And for some, they will prefer to subscribe to your blog using sites such as My Yahoo and visit them when there's updates to read, rather than trawling through 10s of pages of the message forum. It's a nice option but not everyone will use it we know. ;)

It doesn't matter if somebody is already blogging about a player. The system supports multiple users posting news to the same blog. If you feel you want to help contribute, just apply for an account on the system, and you simply login to the blog control panel whenever you have news or information to post :) And you can blog about as many players as you want.

Finally. We're not just looking for huge news articles all the time. Post what you feel like posting, whether it's a few lines updating people on the latest result, or a full blown news piece with quotes and your opinions, every contribution is welcomed.

Just email the following to blogs@tennisuniverse.com:

The player(s) you want to blog about:
Your name:
A sample blog entry:
Your MTF username:

#20 ·
wtn_amanda said:
If you or others in the forum helped post news on the Verdasco blog it wouldn't be out of date. :p
that's what we do in our News and Articles thread :p :lol:

Also I thought blogs were meant to have small article type thingies. Not he won, he lost and will play blabla.....

I'm not saying the blog option should go.... it should just stay inside the blog forum! :lol:

And maybe there is/or can be found a way to organise the blogs alphabetically so if you are looking for a certain player it's easy to find. :)

for now I will switch on the ignore thing somewhere inside my brain..... :haha:

#21 ·
~*Carlita*~ said:
that's what we do in our News and Articles thread :p :lol:
Yes but not everyone has time to read through hundreds of pages in news and articles threads to find what interests them. :) Some people prefer having the information easily accessible, either a single link, or a simple news blog site, the ability to subscribe to the Fernando Verdasco blog is nice too and be alerted to new articles via Yahoo, Google or AOL for example.

Also I thought blogs were meant to have small article type thingies. Not he won, he lost and will play blabla.....
No a blog entry can be anything you want. It doesn't have to conform to certain standards, people have the freedom to write as much or as little as they feel like at their time, and as often as they want. It can certainly follow the theme of an agency news article in terms of size and content, or it can be a few lines long just updating people briefly what happened that given day.

#24 · (Edited)
All the entries in the forum are, are links TO the blog..... What if you just put a (sticky if you like) locked topic in each of the player's forums with a link to their particular blog. That way, it will all look less chaotic.

also if there are 50 entries in a blog..... that's also "so many pages to search through" so it could be the same as one of the topics.....

Also, say I'm not from here...I like Verdasco.... I open the Verdasco Forum.... I look at the topics.... think: oooh a blog! (not very likely in my case, but okay;) ) I open it, see the link to the blog, click to enter the blog! Voila! It's not like the messages are in the topic in the player forum. It's just a link to... And if someone thinks the blog is worth the time and energy, he/she can bookmark it, subscribe to it or will know where to find the link to the blog. I take it all the entries go into one and the same blog?

This way people who do not like it are less "annoyed" by it than when it's like it is now.... in your face!

And us posting in the blog as well... hmmm....sorry but I don't feel like posting everything 2-3 times.... ;)

Okay.... this was my final attempt:lol: ;) I'm not holding my breath here...... It's just how I feel about it, and I know quite a few who feel the same...... I'll just pretend they are not there....:p;)

edit: when you open the big player forum, there it is! The blog bit :lol: at the top of all the topics, wonderful! Nicely blend in with the other topics and still at the top so it won't get lost! I guess the think I find annoying is when you look at the Spanish Aramada (in total) you see double names.......(Fernando Verdasco and beneath it Fernando Verdasco Blog) if that bit would be taken away...it would be so much better already. :D (nag nag nag :eek: :p)

#26 ·
Well I better sign up then it looks like, then again I am not sure how many are going to read what is written anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.