Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping Rules & Questions

TT 
108K views 510 replies 122 participants last post by  Taz Warrior 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#235 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping FAQ/Guide

Hi! Just a question, can a manager make a deadline 8 hours before the real deadline?? It happened at Mons Challenger today.

#236 ·

Hi! Just a question, can a manager make a deadline 8 hours before the real deadline?? It happened at Mons Challenger today.
Hey, i am really sorry about that inconvenience.... The deadline was 5 hours before play started though and I told EVERYBODY about that on Thursday last week.
In addition I sent a Private Message to EVERY (!) Player in order to remind him/her about the early deadline.
Also every player had more than 13 hours to send picks as I posted the OOP at 16.25 pm CEST yesterday....

Again I'm sorry about it but I can't help it... I'm on the motorway traveling - I would not have been able to make diffs.... All players except you and RezNik managed to send picks on time by the way :wavey:
Good luck next time :)

#237 ·

Random question: do I need to notify someone of nationality change? I'm thinking about changing to France, after all I'm living here and maybe I could even play DC eventually :)

#243 ·

I have a question, Where do i start in tennis tipping in terms for playing for a ranking spot, for some reason i cant understand the rules?:confused:
It's very easy to make a start. Just choose a tournament you want to play in, go to the thread and post "In".
You will need to start with challengers until you get your ranking moving up,then you can try ATP tournaments.

The challengers starting qualifying Saturday 4th Feb are fairly full, but you may like to try Quimper
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=195505.

You will have a better chance the following week in Bergamo. If you don't make the qualifying draw you should still send your picks as an alternate, as with challengers there are often people who don't send.

The rest of the rules you will pick up as you go along

#245 ·

hi,when i will send my tips to manager in private messages it is plenty to just write surname player what i pick ,or do i need to send how many sets and games been played in game? thanks for all your help and apologize about my language not really perfect i did try my best :D

ps.any examples would be very helpful :)
tanks a lot

#246 ·

hi,when i will send my tips to manager in private messages it is plenty to just write surname player what i pick ,or do i need to send how many sets and games been played in game? thanks for all your help and apologize about my language not really perfect i did try my best :D

ps.any examples would be very helpful :)
tanks a lot
you gotta write the following:

If there is Federer vs. Nadal SR1 PTS
you write: Federer 63 76

If there is Federer vs. Nadal SR1
you write Federer 2-0

#248 ·

Newbie eager to give this a try in the Challengers....two questions....

1) When do you get a ranking value beyond NR? In the first tournament you play? In the first match you win? Or do you have to play several tournaments or win several matches before you get a ranking?

2) If you are playing quallies, are you picking from the real quallies of the real tournament, or the main draw of the real tournament?

#249 ·

after you play the first tournament (assuming you win a match / come through qualies), though essentially you would only have a ranking on your 4th tournament, due to Rankings being taken from 2 weeks before the tournament starts, assuming you played every week e.g. 1st tournament starts from 1/1. You would get your ranking on 1/8, but the tournaments beginning on 1/8 and 1/15, you would still be unranked, because they go back 2 weeks. (i.e. rankings on 12/24 and 1/1 respectively.) Only in the tournament starting on 1/22 would you be able to "use" a ranking (ranking from 1/8)

qualies from real tournament.

#250 · (Edited)

Okay, another question.

I signed up for Wolfsburg Quallies. Registration will be closed in about 9 hours. I have no ranking.

The manager has posted a "in so far" post. In it, there are 12 qually spots filled. I'm 9th out of 12. Of course, the people with rankings are listed first.

Since he posted the update, 5 more people signed up. Let's assume all of them have rankings. That's 17, and would lower me from 9th to 14th in the quallies.

Am I correct in thinking that if three more ranked people sign up, I will be bumped from the tournament? Where can I check and see if the people who committed after the last update are ranked?

One other question: The manager has specified a "Period for changes and doubles commitments: Sunday, 12th Feb 6:01 pm CET – Friday, 17th Feb, 6 pm CET"

Can ranked people still come in during that period, and bump me out? In singles (I'm not playing doubles)?

#251 · (Edited)

You can find players' rankings here.

And it might happen that some people with ranking will commit and that you'll become an Alt. But still there is a good chance to get in, because it's a challenger event and usually some people forget to send their picks.

All players who commit to singles after the first deadline (18 CET today) will be LE's (late entries) and they will be placed below NR players so you shouldn't worry about them :)

#252 ·

So in week 9, there are 5 Challenger events and 3 World Tour events. Thus far, only 2 of the 5 Challenger events have been posted in the challenger tipping thread.

Will the other three be posted soon? Or, in weeks that have a surfeit of events (8 in this case) do not all events have an equivalent tipping event?

#254 ·

So in week 9, there are 5 Challenger events and 3 World Tour events. Thus far, only 2 of the 5 Challenger events have been posted in the challenger tipping thread.

Will the other three be posted soon? Or, in weeks that have a surfeit of events (8 in this case) do not all events have an equivalent tipping event?

I will answer to you this question, because I'm the person who make calendar :p
5 tournaments are enough for now, if we have drastically increase of players I will add more tournaments in next months, but for now 5 tournaments is OK per week :wavey:, if we have 3 tournaments or less we have bigger qualification draw :wavey:

#253 ·

not all events have tipping events. We only have 300+ players.

Also I noticed you are ALT2 in Wolfsberg. This means unless there is a special exempt into the main draw, you should become the 16th and final player in the qualifying draw :)

#257 ·

Points #Trn 18th 19th Next Off
1 (1) Marita(ARG).........................2898 ...43 ...50 ...35 ...200
2 (2) Bolar Bolabi(AUS)...................2530 ...33 ...20 ...20 ...75
3 (3) Tankingtheset(NED)..................2378 ...39 ...20 ...15 ...50
4 (4) Fernet(IND).........................2220 ...40 ...20 ...20 ...140
5 (5) Holmzy(IRL).........................2194 ...35 ...28 ...25 ...90
6 (6) Hellcat(GBR)........................2175 ...37 ...20 ...20 ...25
7 (7) _A_(CRO)............................2015 ...34 ...20 ...20 ...0
8 (8) Dupuis2006(CAN).....................1959 ...36 ...20 ...20 ...90

Can anyone explain me what trn,18th,19th,next off means please???
Thanks very much :)

#258 ·

rankings use best 18 tournament points, so 18th is your lowest score that is part of the points. For example for Marita, her 18th best tournament has a score of 50 points. (The 4 grand slams are mandatory and will count to your score even if they are lower than that though)

19th is similarly the next best tournament score. so Marita's 19th best tournament was 35 points.

Next off = points they will lose next week because of points she won that week last year. So marita won a tournament this weke last year (earning her 200 points) and she will drop it because the tournament points will expire

#259 ·

So I signed up/have played in my first tournament, Wolfsburg.

In both singles and doubles, I was eliminated in quallies. In both singles and doubles, I am in the main draw as a Lucky Loser. So, two questions.

1) Do I get the three ranking points I would have gotten I would have received had a qualified directly?

2) What if winners in the first round do not submit picks for the second round? Is that still an LL scenario, or would it result in a walkover?

#260 ·

1) No

2) Walkover.

#265 ·

Hi, I'm new to the game, playing doubles in DC, I was wondering, can you like talk about your picks with your doubles partner/ ask for advice? I haven't done it cause wasn't sure.. I only sent my partner a pm to let him know we were still playing..

#266 ·

^ Of course.

#268 ·

I figured out my above question but I have new one lol. I know this was anwsered before, that you can't play two tournments in the same week singles in one and doubles in the other, can this possibly get changed? The reason I ask is, if your doubles partner is very good or very bad depending on the situation, you could have totally different rankings in singles and doubles. Like in singles, you could be >200 and in Doubles rank like 50. Now obviously this will effect your decison on which tournaments to play. If you can only play one for both, it can happen where you miss the draw for singles but get in for Doubles.

I know TT wants to be as real as possible and I don't really expect it to be changed but maybe it can be brought up?

#271 ·

I figured out my above question but I have new one lol. I know this was anwsered before, that you can't play two tournments in the same week singles in one and doubles in the other, can this possibly get changed? The reason I ask is, if your doubles partner is very good or very bad depending on the situation, you could have totally different rankings in singles and doubles. Like in singles, you could be >200 and in Doubles rank like 50. Now obviously this will effect your decison on which tournaments to play. If you can only play one for both, it can happen where you miss the draw for singles but get in for Doubles.

I know TT wants to be as real as possible and I don't really expect it to be changed but maybe it can be brought up?
There is an end of year TT Changes thread where people can put forward suggestions/ideas such as yours.

#269 ·

First, You can play a Grand Slam Qualies and a Challenger on the same week.

For the following week, if you Qualify or you are directly in the Main Draw (Singles, doubles or both) of the Grand Slam, you can play the Grand Slam but you are not allowed to play the GS 1st week Challenger.

For the 2nd week of a GS: if you are out of the GS in singles AND doubles before the GS 2nd week Challenger starts (you have to check the exact dates on the Challenger thread) then you can play the Challenger ;)

Other person will answer your second question...