Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping Rules & Questions

TT 
108K views 510 replies 122 participants last post by  Taz Warrior 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#155 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping FAQ/Guide

In Meknes after I made the draw Direnan got out to play in Marseille TT and molosztash asked for a SE as he reached the final in Bergamo.
My questions are:
- Is Direnan allowed to withdraw after the draw is made?
- If yes, should molosztash take Direnan's spot in the MD, or because he requested the SE too late a LL will replace Direnan in the MD??

#156 ·

In Meknes after I made the draw Direnan got out to play in Marseille TT and molosztash asked for a SE as he reached the final in Bergamo.
My questions are:
- Is Direnan allowed to withdraw after the draw is made?
- If yes, should molosztash take Direnan's spot in the MD, or because he requested the SE too late a LL will replace Direnan in the MD??

Direnan should have withdrawn from Meknes BEFORE entering Marseille. He cannot do it now - he either plays Meknes or nowhere.

molosztash is too late for SE, the rule was made tighter this year so that players have to ask. No change in the MD is needed.

#157 ·

I have another question :)
In the first day in Meknes I asked the players to send all their picks in PTS, but 2 players send all their picks SR
and both players are playing against each other.
They have the same winners and same SRs and have no ranking, so who is going to be the winner of both of them??

#158 ·

I have another question :)
In the first day in Meknes I asked the players to send all their picks in PTS, but 2 players send all their picks SR
and both players are playing against each other.
They have the same winners and same SRs and have no ranking, so who is going to be the winner of both of them??
Very annoying! :eek:

#161 ·

:wavey:
What happens if a real player in a match isn't decided yet and I put 2 possibilties in the OOP and a TT player sends only one
e.g
A vs B (was scheduled the day before and wasn't played)
so the OOP is

C vs D PTS 1
E vs F SR 2
A vs M SR 3
B vs M SR 3
X vs Z SR 4

Now if a player sends:
C 6/0 6/0
E 2/0
M 2/0
X 2/0

for the third match is the pick (M)valid for both matches or only the match that came first in the OOP??

#164 ·

hi can a player who reaches a semi-final in a ATP 500 request a SE for an ATP 250 the next week?

#169 ·

up to you.

you just have to make it clear in advance (ie on the first day)

#171 ·

usually PTS1 at the very least is left to day 2 though, but i have used PTS on day 1 when day 2 matches are one sided :lol:

#173 ·

How is The Masters Cup in MTT?

Not sure what you want to know. Have you read this in post #7 of this thread? -

Qualifying for the Tennis Masters Cup

Top 16 players in the doubles race rankings will qualify for the TMC. Top 8 players in the singles race rankings will qualify for the TMC. Ties will be broken by total points gathered in the Grand Slams that year.

#176 · (Edited)

Hi I just want to know if a manager can provide past opponents picks to someone that ask them for. Maybe all managers will know what to do because some can deny this believing it would be an unfair advantage.

And by the way, sort this thing out, I mean, throw it as a jurisprudenz for all managers to know. Thanx : )

#178 ·

Question - are we having a race this year, or are we using the new ATP system where the regular ranking counts for both

#182 ·

Challengers

Top 30 players in the singles entry rankings can't play them, except during the Davis Cup and Grand Slam second weeks and when there are no ATP tournaments played. They are allowed to play challengers in these weeks as late entries (LE), but they are not able to be seeded.

That's the rule. I don't know