Mens Tennis Forums banner

Wilson Pro Staff 97

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Tom1939 
#1 ·
I know there's a lot of buzz over the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph, but just looking at the specs I can already tell it'll be too much racquet for me.

My current racquet is the Head Speed MP but my coach actually recommended I go heavier but more head light. I've played with the PS95 and PS95 BLX as well as the Six.One 95L (my coach's and my brother's) and I really liked how the PS95 played so I thought I'd jump right in and get the Pro Staff 97 (I was debating between this one and the PS95S). It's scheduled to arrive in stores in October so I figure I'll have it in my hands a week later. Anyone else getting this or even better, done an advance test drive with this racquet (and/or PS95S)? Would love your impression on how they compare to each other and to the older version.

#2 ·
Well I have bought the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph and it is not too much for me. I had head Radical MP for a year. It played great but it devastated my elbow. I wanted to go heavier but head light. Works like charm, playin better with it and my elbow feels better too.
I'm not that good, I do mishit quite a few balls. On bad shots (frame) the head racquet killed my arm/elbow with the vibration. With this one a bad hit will make the ball suffer and go to bad places, but the racquet stays much more stable (like a freight train :) ).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.