Mens Tennis Forums banner

Pablo Cuevas

124K views 1K replies 70 participants last post by  Ertl93 
#1 · (Edited)
:woohoo: Muchas felicidades Pablo :woohoo:

It did first of all well. It finally entered within ATP 100th place.

#884 ·
Pablo is hoping to return in-time to participate during the European clay season this year. Unfortunately he has had setbacks but he is getting closer to returning, and is understandably being cautious about returning too soon and causing permanent damage to his right knee which he had surgery on in October of last season. He has returned to training but has not yet been cleared to play competitively.

Very disappointing as he was continuing to progress as a player before this knee injury. But hopefully when he comes back he is still as good as before, and if so, he will get back to being a high-level player once again.

#885 ·
Pablo has been nominated by Uruguay for their tie vs Chile in Davis Cup next weekend. We'll see if Pablo is ready to come back for this, as that has been a goal for him. The tie will be held in Uruguay as well, so that will provide extra motivation for Pablo to return for this tie. In any case, hopefully whenever he returns he is 100% without risk of reaggravating his injury.

#886 ·
Pablo was nominated for the team, but is not yet ready to play or practice fully. Hopefully he continues being patient and doesn't rush back from his injury. It's sad not to see him on court but it's best he's 100% when he comes back so he can play freely and to his full potential.

#892 ·
I hope that he will be healthy next year. It would be good that he can play Vina del Mar. I don't know what his protect ranking will be. Maybe it will be better for him to restart at the challenger level tough.

I miss him a lot ! Poor guy, he's missing what should have been his bests years...

#895 ·
Yeah I hope so either ;)... but it will of course depends of Pablo's health and results.
The most important for next year is that he can play 100% healthy. I wonder at which level he will come back. I think that finish 2013 in the top 150 would be already good, top 100 with some good rushs and victories, excellent. But it's too early to talk about that.

#896 ·
The first goal is for him to be 100% fit. The priority in term of his ranking is IMHO for him to get just one point and not be 'inactive' on the ATP site. For the rest, time will tell. Martin lost his dubs final and the two of them are headed to Bolivia where Martin plays next week.

#897 ·
Is he ever coming back, I mean he was supposed to come back at least once, but never did, maybe his injury is so serious he will have to retire.

#898 · (Edited)
I hope so!

The injury occurred in late spring 2011 and he missed a couple of tournaments before retiring in the first round of RG. He then went 'home' to Argentina. He was told to rest. In October he had the first operation and it was performed in Argentina. Argentinian players like Nalbandian and Del Potro have tended to go abroad for surgery so this was a little unusual.

By this Spring he was setting dates for come backs which never happened. In May the Uruguayan Olympic Committee announced that he would not appear in London 2012 as he had had a second operation. He then issued a statement on FB saying that his recovery had slowed and he had been in a lot of pain. He travelled first to New York and then to Cleveland where the latest imaging equipment showed the extent of the problem more fully than had been seen in Argentina.

His statement is here

http://pablocuevas.blogspot.co.uk/

#909 ·
I read, on his blog message board, that the knee is doing well, he is training at full stretch now and will play two or three tournaments before RG. I've read the bit about RG in a few press reports from Uruguay and they all give the date of Monte Carlo but don't actually say that is where he will return.

#910 ·
I read that he will back in April in a local newspaper, two days ago when I was in Colonia an uruguayan city.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.