Mens Tennis Forums banner

Davis Cup: Raonic (CAN) d. Garcia-Lopez (ESP) 6-3, 6-4, 6-2 (CAN 3-1!)

4K views 61 replies 41 participants last post by  Chase Visa 
#1 ·
Spain :lol:

Good stuff Canada.

#31 ·
Absolutely thrilled for Canada and now with the addition of Jesse Levine, a decent player is going to get left off :( but Milos and Frankie were rockstars this weekend and Vasek and Danny were solid even with the loss.

I also want to thank the Spanish fans for being very gracious and classy despite Spain's defeat. I'm sure with the return of Nadal and your top players, Spain will be back with a bang next year and contending for the title once again :).

#59 ·
I agree 100%! I appreciate the Spanish posters for making such gracious comments. It must be frustrating that your Davis Cup team wasn't represented by your top players, yet they did show a lot of class and drive in defeat in Vancouver. I've always liked GGL and Granollers.

#36 ·
nope. USA/Canada will be in the USA.

Only way we play the SF in Canada is if Brazil gets there which isn't happening.

Can't think that far ahead though, gotta focus on beating Italy

#34 ·
Vasek did beat Seppi at the rogers cup last year though :D

Seppi is better than Vasek, but given the surface, with 2 shots at it, I like the chances that our #2 wins 1 match. Even if they don't I think our doubles is favoured over theirs.

#38 ·
No fluke, Vasek was just better than Seppi that night, and the crowd was a huge part of it. He will have that same crowd(minus me unless they put the tie in St. John's:lol:). Seppi is better than Vasek but he could do it again given the oppurtunity, it's not Nole vs. Rochus kind of unlikely.

#43 ·
Raonic was still playing like shit, but got it done anyway :yeah:

#44 ·
wow the low tier of spanish players is really weak these days, they use to line up 3 world class teams some time ago.

anyways deserved win for Canada, congratulations.

#49 ·
Good for Canada, the Spaniards were never really in the tie at any point. Have a pretty good shot at beating Italy at home as well. Now I'll wait and watch Australia draw Spain in the WG playoffs...

#61 ·
Good for Canada, the Spaniards were never really in the tie at any point. Have a pretty good shot at beating Italy at home as well. Now I'll wait and watch Australia draw Spain in the WG playoffs...
Aren't you looking forward to seeing the Gooch give a beatdown to Nadal? :p

#56 ·
Not true. I predict that Seppi will have little peppi for the next round. The smart money is on Canuckistan !

#55 ·
Wow, just wow. Could this be the impetus that child-man Miloš uses to take his career to a higher level like his idol Novak?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.