Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

273K views 1K replies 134 participants last post by  Litotes 
#1 · (Edited)
By request from a few members to create a separate from Judio's thread with updated rankings, I will start this thread for frequent unofficial live ATP rankings. I will have a small break sometime in the future, but I will return afterwards, so don't worry if there will be a small interruption in the near future.

Now, one advantage to a new thread is that I can explain the color code and display mode for the table.

- The table displays current ranking standings by calculating the number of points dropped at the end of the period mentioned on the head table (the next official ATP rankings date).
- The Drop column details the number of points for all the tournaments that will be taken out of the player's rankings. Multiple tournaments may be dropped for each player, but the tournament with the most points dropped will determine the color of the drop points. For instance, 180 Wimbledon dropped along with 45 ATP 250 in the week after Wimbledon will result in 225 colored in red (Grand Slam color).
- The Gain column displays the total number of points the player has raised at the current tournament.
- The Effective column is the exact number of points the player will win or lose at the next official ranking. The total here is calculated based on all tournaments dropped and all tournaments played (GS qualies, Futures and all other tournaments that will be counted at the next official rankings). The color is determined again by the tournament with most points.
- The second Points column is for the next week after the current week. When no Grand Slam is being played, all current Futures tournaments are first counted there, since they won't be part of the rankings until a week later. Also, all next week's qualifiers will be counted there.
- In all weeks an additional Incoming Futures column is being displayed, along with the total tournament count calculated in advance so that the players with the same number of points are separated properly.
- During Grand Slam qualies another column with the points made there (not yet Live) is added. And during Grand Slams, another column with the points from the tournament is added in case a player goes to another tournament after the GS or GS qualies, but before the next official rankings.
- In the detailed week by week part of the table, you will encounter -1 points for certain players. Those tournaments are actually the tournaments in which the player has received a 0-point penalty for retiring or for not completing at least 4 ATP 500 tournaments in a year.

The colors used as background inside the table mean:
Green - The player is currently not eliminated from the Main Draw.
Red - The player was eliminated from the Main Draw or Qualifying Draw.
Blue - The player is currently playing on the Qualifying Draw.
Orange - The player has retired from any match.
Gray - The player has withdrawn from the tournament, but will incur a 0-point penalty. This will be noted as a -1 in case of ATP 500 events, and 0 in case of ATP 1000. This is due to the fact that ATP 1000 events are recognized as Mandatory by the system, while ATP 500 events are not, and there needs to be a difference between regular 0 (first round loss) and mandatory 0 (penalty).
White - The player currently does not participate in a tournament.

The colors used for text inside the table mean:
Red - The player is/was on a Grand Slam Main Draw
Regular orange - The player is/was on a ATP 1000 Mandatory Masters Main Draw
Light orange - The player is/was on a ATP 1000 Optional (MC) Masters Main Draw
Maroon - The player is/was on the ATP Tour Finals Main Draw
Green - The player is/was on a ATP 500 Main Draw
Olive - The player is/was on the Olympics Main Draw
Purple - The player is/was on a ATP 250 Main Draw
Plum - The player is/was on the World Team Championships tournament
Sky Blue - The player participated in the Davis Cup
Teal - The player is/was on the ATP Challenger Finals
Blue - The player is/was on a Challenger Main Draw
Navy - The player is/was on a 15K Futures Main Draw
Black - The player is/was on a 10K Futures Main Draw
Gray - The player participates on the Qualifying Draw of any tournament
Silver - The player does not participate in a tournament

Link to weekly rankings statistics: Ranking Statistics
Link to old ATP Rankings thread: Old ATP Rankings Thread

If you have any trouble seeing the latest image, please clear your internet cache and try again... Help on clearing the cache: http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html#fire35w

With all the instructions being laid, here comes the table:

Link to complete table: LIVE ATP

Link to official rankings from past Mondays: OFFICIAL RANKINGS

THIS THREAD IS NOW OBSOLETE. FOR RANKINGS UPDATES, CHECK THIS THREAD:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=236585

See less See more
#671 ·
So basically, Murray now has theoretical chance to be # 2 in the end of the year ?

If he wins Paris, gap between him and Fed in the race is only 955 points, right ? If he also wins all matches in London( it is a bif IF, I know ...) , he gets another 1500. If Federer wins 2 matches in group and loses in SF, he gets only 400 from WTF.

So, 100% succesful Murray may have 10 010 points after WTF.
Fed, if he wins only 2 matches in group, gets 9865 points.

I know, this is kinda long shot though ...

#676 · (Edited)
I have a basic question or 2, how high/low is the ranking for you to be a commitment player, and if you are a commitment player does this mean you can't play Challengers, how high does the ranking have to be before a player is not allowed to play Challenger's anymore, thanks?:)

Good to have you back Slasher, was wondering where you wen't.:)

#677 ·
From the ATP Rulebook regarding withdrawal from ATP 500 events:

9.03 South African Airways ATP Rankings (Singles)

C. ATP World Tour 500 – Ranking Penalty.
A player’s (Commitment and Non-Commitment players) withdrawal from an ATP World Tour 500 event whether on time or after the 12 noon deadline, shall result in a zero (0) point ranking penalty. Further non-consecutive withdrawals shall result in a zero (0) point allocation replacing the next best positive result for each additional withdrawal.

Players with multiple consecutive withdrawals who are out of competition for 30 days or longer due to injury will not be subject to a ranking penalty as long as verified and approved medical forms are provided; or, a player shall not have the ranking penalty imposed if he completes the Promotional Activities requirement as specified under “Repeal of Withdrawal Fines and/or Penalties” or if the on-site withdrawal procedures apply. Players may also appeal withdrawal penalties to a Tribunal who will determine whether the penalties are affirmed or set aside.

A player who has received a zero (0) point ranking penalty for withdrawing from an ATP World Tour 500 event may replace the zero (0) point by playing an additional ATP World Tour 500 event in that same calendar year for a total of four (4) played. The replacement tournament must be after the 500 withdrawal that has resulted in a ranking penalty. Only one (1) additional ATP World Tour 500 event
per year may be used to replace an ATP World Tour 500 ranking penalty​

Seems to me as if Murray should get a 0 pointer for Basel, unless he was on-hand for Promotional Activities, which as far as I know, he wasn't. Since there are no more 500's after Basel, then the zero pointer cannot be replaced.

Respectfully,
masterclass

#681 ·
1) Players positioned 1-10 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings (singles)
twenty-one (21) days prior to the first Monday of the ATP Challenger Tour tournament
are prohibited from entering, accepting a wild card and/or competing in a
ATP Challenger Tour tournament.
2) Players positioned 11-50 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings (singles)
twenty-one (21) days prior to the first Monday of the ATP Challenger Tour tournament
are prohibited from entering but may receive an ATP-approved wild card
in order to compete in the Challenger tournament.
So this means that if a player is in the top 50, they have to be a full time ATP tour player, but it's not high enough for them to be a commitment player.

#682 ·
A "commitment player" just means that the guy has to play 4 ATP500 tournaments (or Monte-Carlo) in the calendar year in order to avoid a zeropointer in his rankings, AND in order to share the good $$$$$ from the bonus pool.

That's the only thing it means.

As for other top-50 players, usually they have enough with ATP world tour tournaments, sometimes they ask a wild-card in a challenger in their own country (Nieminen in Helsinki in a few weeks for instance, he plays that challenger nearly every year because that's the biggest tournament in his country) and/or if they get good money.

#683 ·
Del Potro starts this live week ahead of Tsonga, on the 7th spot. The French player loses 1445 points this week, on a combination between 800 WTF, 600 Paris and 45 Valencia. His effective drop value is 1390 for now, as his 10 in Paris replaces last year's 600 and the 45 in Valencia was non-countable.

#690 ·
By the way, by entering the top-100 with the number 95 rank, Guillaume Rufin (born in 1990) keeps on the great streak of French players who have had a player who reached the top-100 in each generation from 1965 to 1990 now. Spaniards have several holes (the last ones being 1984 and 1987, and no player in top-100 yet in 1988 and 1989 generations, and before that they had holes in the 1979, 1969, 1967 and 1966 generations) ; the USA and Argentina have several holes as well.

Here's the actualised list and the highest rank they reached :

1965 Forget (4) - Benhabiles (22) - Fleurian (37)
1966 Champion (44) - Winogradsky (89)
1967 Delaitre (33) - Simian (41)
1968 Gilbert (61) (second is Solves -105)
1969 Pioline (5) - Boetsch (12)
1970 Raoux (35) - Fontang (59)
1971 Huet (96 … ouff) - no other one (second is Guardiola -106)
1972 Santoro (17) (second is Thomann - 106)
1973 Golmard (22) - Roux (48)
1974 Boutter (46)
1975 Saulnier (48) - Carraz (54)
1976 Escudé (17)
1977 Clément (10) - Gicquel (37)
1978 Grosjean (4) - Mutis (71)
1979 Di Pasquale (39) (Lisnard - 84 - is Monegasque )
1980 Llodra (21) - Devilder (60) - Robert (61) - Haehnel (78) - Patience (87)
1981 Benneteau (26) - Serra (36) - Ascione (81) - Prodon (83)
1982 Mathieu (12) - Mahut (40)
1983 Edouard Roger-Vasselin (67)
1984 Simon (6)
1985 Tsonga (5) (Montcourt was near -104- )
1986 Gasquet (7) - Monfils (7) - Ouanna (88)
1987 Chardy (30)
1988 Mannarino (49)
1989 Paire (44)
1990 Rufin (95)
next generation to get one guy in top-100 : 1991 : Olivetti, Herbert, Obry ...
In 1992 generation Gianni Mina will have to finally emerge after his big problems in recent years (now practises in the USA)
1993 generation looks weak in France, but it's a problem for the whole world actually in that generation.

#691 · (Edited)
The same list for Spain in case anyone is interested : with a similar number of top-100 players in these generations (50 for Spain ; 46 for France), Spaniards are more concentrated by generations hence the "generation holes" :

1965 E Sanchez (7) - De Miguel (81)
1966 ---
1967 ---
1968 C Costa (10) - Clavet (18) - J Sanchez (23) - Carbonell (40) - Roig (60) - Altur (88)
1969 ---
1970 Lopez Moron (100)
1971 Bruguera (3) - German Lopez (71)
1972 Burillo (43) - Benfele-Alvarez (81) - Puentes (90)
1973 Berasategui (7) - Portas (19) - Calatrava (44) - Viloca (47)
1974 Corretja (2) - Mantilla (10) - Oscar Martinez (68)
1975 A Costa (6) - Balcells (57) - Carretero (58)
1976 Moya (1) - Blanco (40) - Diaz (68)
1977 Vicente (29) - Alonso (30)
1978 Alberto Martin (34) - D Sanchez (41) - Hernandez (48) - Ramirez-Hidalgo (50)
1979 ---
1980 Ferrero (1) - Montanes (22) - Ventura (65)
1981 F Lopez (15) - Navarro-Pastor (67)
1982 Ferrer (4) - Robredo (5)
1983 Verdasco (7) - Garcia-Lopez (23)
1984 ---
1985 Almagro (9) - Gimeno-Traver (52)
1986 Nadal (1) - Granollers (19) - Andujar (33)
1987 ---
1988 Ramos (38) - Riba (65) - Bautista-Agut (74)
1989 (Cervantes ?)
1990 (?? Vivanco-Guzman ?)
1991 (Carreno-Busta ?)
1992 (Marti ?)
1993 (Carballes-Baena ? Boluda ? Artunedo-Martinavarr ? Roca-Batalla ? Alvarez-Llamas ?)
1994 (Perez-Sanz ?)

#692 ·
Thanks duong for the great statistics. France is definitely a consistent power in tennis, while Spain is a spearhead, even though not all their generations have been great, the ones that were produced several Top 4 players.

In light of the question previously asked, I noticed there is no info in the OP about this, so I added this in the original post to complete the picture about the backgrounds used:

Gray - The player has withdrawn from the tournament, but will incur a 0-point penalty. This will be noted as a -1 in case of ATP 500 events, and 0 in case of ATP 1000. This is due to the fact that ATP 1000 events are recognized as Mandatory by the system, while ATP 500 events are not, and there needs to be a difference between regular 0 (first round loss) and mandatory 0 (penalty).

#696 ·
Must get to final in Paris to have a chance, not likely.

And not so important, IMO, Nadal will play AO and #5 in Ranking anyway will be 5th seed I guess in group. Delpo was already even #4, so...

Or do you see some another intrigue in this, or just intresting? :)

#701 ·
Chardy's win over Garcia-Lopez allows him to take Bellucci's place as a commitment player for next year.

Once again, Bellucci fails at the gate of that top-30 rank, like previous 3 years.

Chardy might become committed (with the "bonus pool" money coming together) for the first time as far as he's concerned, but some others (Granollers, Stepanek, Anderson, Benneteau) can still take that from him.

#702 ·
Hey duong... You mentioned earlier that commitment is chosen after WTF. I thought it was strictly end-of-year. Like some player can take a Wild card in a Challenger event and become committed for next year by the end of November or play CTF (Klizan for instance). So which is it, I want to employ this rule now.:)

#705 ·
before the WTF, after Paris actually (that's in the rulebook)

A Few years ago there was a difference between the top-30 after Paris and in the end of year, I think it was because of challenger points from previous year lost by Schüttler later than Paris, Lopez was the other guy concerned iirc. And of course some people were troubled by that difference :lol:

By the way, Stepanek withdrawing, he will not keep his commitment next year.

This post has been deleted
#710 ·
No, they don't. The same ranking number is shared only by players having the same points, points earned in MS/GS, number of tournaments, and points breakdown for each tournament they earned points in. I'm glad I could help and I hope you understand how this goes.:D

#719 ·
lol Roger might live to regret skipping Paris-Bercy.

Karma's a bitch.

#720 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, Milos now needs to win Paris an Tipsy not in te final for Milos to make the WTF?

He can get in as 1st alternate if he makes the semis, Almagro doesn't make semis, Monaco doesn't make semis, Nishikori doesn't win and Wawrinka doesn't win?

He can make 2nd alt if he makes the semis and 1 of those 4 things above happens?

#721 ·
Why does it say Raonic was not a commitment player for this season, cause I thought he finished top 30 last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.