Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

273K views 1K replies 134 participants last post by  Litotes 
#1 · (Edited)
By request from a few members to create a separate from Judio's thread with updated rankings, I will start this thread for frequent unofficial live ATP rankings. I will have a small break sometime in the future, but I will return afterwards, so don't worry if there will be a small interruption in the near future.

Now, one advantage to a new thread is that I can explain the color code and display mode for the table.

- The table displays current ranking standings by calculating the number of points dropped at the end of the period mentioned on the head table (the next official ATP rankings date).
- The Drop column details the number of points for all the tournaments that will be taken out of the player's rankings. Multiple tournaments may be dropped for each player, but the tournament with the most points dropped will determine the color of the drop points. For instance, 180 Wimbledon dropped along with 45 ATP 250 in the week after Wimbledon will result in 225 colored in red (Grand Slam color).
- The Gain column displays the total number of points the player has raised at the current tournament.
- The Effective column is the exact number of points the player will win or lose at the next official ranking. The total here is calculated based on all tournaments dropped and all tournaments played (GS qualies, Futures and all other tournaments that will be counted at the next official rankings). The color is determined again by the tournament with most points.
- The second Points column is for the next week after the current week. When no Grand Slam is being played, all current Futures tournaments are first counted there, since they won't be part of the rankings until a week later. Also, all next week's qualifiers will be counted there.
- In all weeks an additional Incoming Futures column is being displayed, along with the total tournament count calculated in advance so that the players with the same number of points are separated properly.
- During Grand Slam qualies another column with the points made there (not yet Live) is added. And during Grand Slams, another column with the points from the tournament is added in case a player goes to another tournament after the GS or GS qualies, but before the next official rankings.
- In the detailed week by week part of the table, you will encounter -1 points for certain players. Those tournaments are actually the tournaments in which the player has received a 0-point penalty for retiring or for not completing at least 4 ATP 500 tournaments in a year.

The colors used as background inside the table mean:
Green - The player is currently not eliminated from the Main Draw.
Red - The player was eliminated from the Main Draw or Qualifying Draw.
Blue - The player is currently playing on the Qualifying Draw.
Orange - The player has retired from any match.
Gray - The player has withdrawn from the tournament, but will incur a 0-point penalty. This will be noted as a -1 in case of ATP 500 events, and 0 in case of ATP 1000. This is due to the fact that ATP 1000 events are recognized as Mandatory by the system, while ATP 500 events are not, and there needs to be a difference between regular 0 (first round loss) and mandatory 0 (penalty).
White - The player currently does not participate in a tournament.

The colors used for text inside the table mean:
Red - The player is/was on a Grand Slam Main Draw
Regular orange - The player is/was on a ATP 1000 Mandatory Masters Main Draw
Light orange - The player is/was on a ATP 1000 Optional (MC) Masters Main Draw
Maroon - The player is/was on the ATP Tour Finals Main Draw
Green - The player is/was on a ATP 500 Main Draw
Olive - The player is/was on the Olympics Main Draw
Purple - The player is/was on a ATP 250 Main Draw
Plum - The player is/was on the World Team Championships tournament
Sky Blue - The player participated in the Davis Cup
Teal - The player is/was on the ATP Challenger Finals
Blue - The player is/was on a Challenger Main Draw
Navy - The player is/was on a 15K Futures Main Draw
Black - The player is/was on a 10K Futures Main Draw
Gray - The player participates on the Qualifying Draw of any tournament
Silver - The player does not participate in a tournament

Link to weekly rankings statistics: Ranking Statistics
Link to old ATP Rankings thread: Old ATP Rankings Thread

If you have any trouble seeing the latest image, please clear your internet cache and try again... Help on clearing the cache: http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html#fire35w

With all the instructions being laid, here comes the table:

Link to complete table: LIVE ATP

Link to official rankings from past Mondays: OFFICIAL RANKINGS

THIS THREAD IS NOW OBSOLETE. FOR RANKINGS UPDATES, CHECK THIS THREAD:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=236585

See less See more
#376 ·
#377 ·
Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings

Nole has a 1000 points lead over Roger right now. Still, if he plays great tennis and Nole falters, he could get the no. 1

#379 ·

i'm still surprised he's not withdrawn from bercy yet, though i would suspect that will happen immediately following basle.

he said last year that he'd play shanghai this year, so that one is pretty much a given. but to play four more tournaments this year, considering how tightly scheduled they are, is quite unlikely.

#387 ·

i'm still surprised he's not withdrawn from bercy yet, though i would suspect that will happen immediately following basle.

he said last year that he'd play shanghai this year, so that one is pretty much a given. but to play four more tournaments this year, considering how tightly scheduled they are, is quite unlikely.
Federer is probably not going to withdraw from Paris before Basel. After all, he could lose early there and then he would surely play Paris. Not likely, but not inconceivable either.

#380 · (Edited)
Real number 1

#381 ·
Re: Real Number 1

What we need to remember while the pretender to Roger's throne is lickin' his wounds in his eggpod, is that getting to №1 is one thing, staying №1 is a different matter, and getting back to №1 is even more another matter.

Oh and he better get the tricks of that trade soon, before a certain Scot steals his thunder in the coming years.

#384 ·
Re: Real Number 1

Federer has finally extended his lead to more than 1000 points, but it is unlikely to last given his fantastic finish to 2011 and Djokovic' rather lacklustre one. Nice to get a couple of weeks without someone complaining about them coming simply from winning ATP 500s, though.

#390 · (Edited)

the topic about the race for the end-of-year number 1 has a thread on GM : http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=209874

As for the next weeks, Federer is guaranteed to stay number 1 until the end of Shanghai (299 weeks)

If he plays Shanghai and reaches the QFS there, he will keep the number 1 after Shanghai (302 weeks guaranteed until the end of Bercy as Djokovic hasn't entered Basel or Valencia). Moreover, Djokovic needs to win both Beijing and Shanghai to get the number 1 after Shanghai.

Then after Bercy, it will be the big moment when points from 2011 Basel and WTF drop, and probably points from Bercy 2011 drop as well. Which means this is about the Race to the year-end-number 1 and there's one thread about that (at the moment Djokovic is 1000 points ahead of Federer).

#391 ·

Thanks duong for the support.

Please note that I have asked ATP about the drop date for 2011 Paris, and hopefully, we'll get an answer straight from the horse's mouth. I have also asked them about the new guy that never shows up in the rankings table, although he has a ranking for a few weeks now, Daniel Baumann.

Updates are suspended until tomorrow morning due to the weekly change update, which takes hours in Excel.

I am also going to start working on Davis Cup live update.:)

#393 ·

He still won't. It's only 500 points.

#394 ·

really a weird question but please have look:
look at the whole atp ranking: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx?d=10.09.2012&r=0&c=#
can it be that #1739 should be correctly #1738 ??

because 86 players are ex-aequo at #1652 which would result in the next player being #1738 (1652 + 86 = 1738), but actually he is #1739. i think there is some sort of inconsistency.. maybe ATP is missing one player who is ranked #1652 or everything after #1652 should be one rank better.

#395 ·

really a weird question but please have look:
look at the whole atp ranking: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx?d=10.09.2012&r=0&c=#
can it be that #1739 should be correctly #1738 ??

because 86 players are ex-aequo at #1652 which would result in the next player being #1738 (1652 + 86 = 1738), but actually he is #1739. i think there is some sort of inconsistency.. maybe ATP is missing one player who is ranked #1652 or everything after #1652 should be one rank better.
Daniel Baumann is ranked 1652 but doesn't appear : http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Ba/D/Daniel-Baumann.aspx

that's what Slasher had talked about before ;)

#399 ·

:haha:

But yeah, ITF is not the most reliable place for ATP results and viceversa.

Fact is, these two events alone are not the ones influencing Basso's rankings which was determined by a Futures event. Also Gabriel Barrientos' un-ranking. So, it's 4 mistakes instead of 2.

#405 ·

:haha:

But yeah, ITF is not the most reliable place for ATP results and viceversa.

Fact is, these two events alone are not the ones influencing Basso's rankings which was determined by a Futures event. Also Gabriel Barrientos' un-ranking. So, it's 4 mistakes instead of 2.
ITF's guys were quick in deleting poor Barrientos from the records and adding those challengers to Basso's activity. I guess, Basso's ranking will be resolved with next rankings update...

BTW, didn't you have the difference in Mylokostov's points when rankings of Sept. 10 came out? I mean, how could you know he would be sanctioned by point gained in Romania F8 for R2 default?

#400 ·

Got a heck of a shock when I went to the ATP rankings page this morning to see Murray at #3, only to see they still had him at #4. I was wondering how I and so many other people could have got this wrong, then realised that when clicking on Rankings it now opens at the Race to London page, not the Entry rankings!

#401 ·
Got a heck of a shock when I went to the ATP rankings page this morning to see Murray at #3, only to see they still had him at #4. I was wondering how I and so many other people could have got this wrong, then realised that when clicking on Rankings it now opens at the Race to London page, not the Entry rankings!
Yeah I was too. They did it last year too after the USO. I guess they want people to get excited about WTF

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free

#408 ·

Thanks.
So, every default means 0 points for the defaulted player?
I couldn't find anything explicitly saying so in the ATP rulebook...
I didn't check the ITF rulebook, though...:scratch:
I can't say for sure, it happened only once since my system is operational. Duong would be the man to tell us if it's the case for every tournament out there. My guess is yes though. If the game ends with Default, the player is stripped of prize money and rankings points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.