Grigor's 2nd round opponent is Gabashvili who beat Falla 6-2 6-4

------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Court 1 - 1st match
Schedule starts at 12:00 pm

Doubles 1st round : Grigor/P-H Herbert vs Rojer/Tecau

#8 ·
He is playing too defensive all in all.
I think he should change his coach at the latest after the next season. I don't mind RR making him one of the fittest players on tour but when he reaches his prime (probably mid next year) he needs someone to tell him which shots he should play at which time
Esp. on fast surfaces is is a problem and on clay he often lost sets to worse players because he just doesn't attack and has to run all the time

#9 ·
^ tennis wise, there's something not right anymore. His serve is gone. His Backhand is questionable sometime. He has some focus lapses, like today when he led 5-1 in the 1st then let Gabashvili back.

A win is a win. Maybe the pressure being the defending champion for the 1st time.

Next : Chardy or Sock. Not easy.

#11 ·
Serve degraded - not a lot of winning first serves, the placement is not there, the 2nd serves are rarely placed well and the winning percentage is low.
But today his BH was aggressive, the problem was that this played in to the hands of Gabashvili who likes fast exchanges and goes for broke, the slices at the end changed the rhythm and were successful.
the ROS was not so bad although rarely aggressive.
it is clear that Grigor has no single trusted winning shot. when I want to see where Grigor is lacking and must improve I only have to watch Federer. Ok, he can't reach these heights but he should aim at that.
I am happy with his first match regarding his form. he looked ordinary in many moments and weaponless but all in all solid enough in the right moments, with some very good points.

#13 ·
this thread should be fixed

RR has improved him, yes, but I don't think that Grigor will be able to win a Major playing like that. As riff said he has to look at federer a little bit.
Tight now he doesn't win the points himself often enough and that is why he often loses against players like gulbis, nishikori, or also Djokovic and Nadal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.