Mens Tennis Forums banner

2015 World Group Draw

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Loosie 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/186923.aspx
15 September 2014
Seeds announced for Davis Cup draw

France and Switzerland head the seeds for the Draw for the World Group of the 2015 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas, which will take place at the ITF AGM in Dubai on Thursday 18 September at 19:00 local time (15:00 GMT). The draw will be streamed LIVE on the Davis Cup website.

The draws for 2015 Americas Zone Groups I and II, Asia/Oceania Zone Groups I and II, and Europe/Africa Zone Group I will also take place in Dubai. The draw for Europe/Africa Zone Group II will be held following the two remaining Davis Cup play-off ties on 24-26 October.

According to the Davis Cup Regulations, the two finalist nations are seeded No. 1 and No. 2 in the World Group for the following year, and will be drawn in opposite halves. Seeds 3-8 are in accordance with the latest ITF Davis Cup Nations Ranking of 15 September.

World Group
1. France
2. Switzerland
3. Czech Republic
4. Serbia
5. Argentina
6. Italy
7. USA
8. Canada

The seeded nations will be drawn against the remaining World Group nations: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Germany, Great Britain, Japan, Kazakhstan.

Seeds for the Zone Group I and Group II competitions are also based on the latest Davis Cup Nations Ranking.

Americas Zone Group I

1. Colombia
2. Ecuador

Remaining nations: Barbados, Dominican Republic, Uruguay.

Asia/Oceania Zone Group I

1. Uzbekistan
2. India

Remaining nations: China P.R., Korea Rep., Thailand, Winner of Chinese Taipei v New Zealand.

Europe/Africa Zone Group I

1. Spain
2. Ukraine
3. Netherlands
4. Israel

Remaining nations: Austria, Denmark, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Winner of Latvia v Sweden.

Americas Zone Group II

1. Venezuela
2. Chile
3. Mexico
4. El Salvador

Remaining nations: Bolivia, Costa Rica, Peru, Puerto Rico.

Asia/Oceania Zone Group II

1. Loser of Chinese Taipei v New Zealand
2. Pakistan
3. Philippines
4. Indonesia

Remaining nations: Iran, Kuwait, Lebanon, Sri Lanka.

The World Group dates for the 2015 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas are as follows:

World Group first round: 6-8 March
World Group quarterfinals: 17-19 July
World Group semifinals and play-offs: 18-20 September
World Group Final: 27-29 November

#2 ·
http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/186951.aspx
18 September 2014
ITF announces 2015 Davis Cup draw

The ITF announced the draw for the 2015 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas in Dubai on 18 September.

This year’s finalists France and Switzerland will both travel away to European opposition with Les Blues opening their campaign against Germany. Switzerland will travel to Belgium after David Goffin inspired his nation to retain its place in the World Group in last weekend’s play-offs.

One of the stories of the draw was the coupling of great Latin American rivals Brazil and Argentina. The tie, which will be held in Argentina, will be the first meeting between the two nations since 1980. The two sides have never met in the World Group.

For the second consecutive year, Great Britain and USA have been drawn to face each other in the first round. After colliding in San Diego this year, the two nations will meet on British soil with the visitors keen to avoid another loss to their great Davis Cup rivals.

Third and fourth seeds Czech Republic and Serbia will both begin their campaigns with home ties. The Czechs, drawn in the same half as France, will host Australia while Serbia will host neighbours Croatia.

The full draw can be found below:

World Group

First round (6-8 March)
Germany [c] v France
Great Britain [c] v USA
Czech Republic [c] v Australia
Kazakhstan [c] [*] v Italy
Argentina [c] v Brazil
Serbia [c] v Croatia
Canada [c] v Japan
Belgium [c] v Switzerland

Americas Zone Group I

First round (6-8 March)
Colombia v Bye
Uruguay v Bye
Barbados [c] v Dominican Republic
Ecuador v Bye

Asia/Oceania Zone Group I

First round (6-8 March)
Uzbekistan v Bye
Thailand [c] v Korea, Rep.
China, P. R. v Chinese Taipei or New Zealand
India v Bye

Europe/Africa Zone Group I

First round (6-8 March)
Spain v Bye
Russia [c] v Denmark
Netherlands v Bye
Austria v Latvia or Sweden
Slovakia [c] [*] v Slovenia
[c] Romania v Israel
Poland [c] v Lithuania
Ukraine v Bye

Americas Zone Group II

First round (6-8 March)
Venezuela [c] [*] v Costa Rica
Puerto Rico [c] v El Salvador
Mexico [c] [*] v Bolivia
Chile [c] v Peru

Asia/Oceania Zone Group II

First round (6-8 March)
Chinese Taipei or New Zealand v Lebanon
Philippines [c] v Sri Lanka
Iran v Indonesia [c]
Pakistan [c] v Kuwait

Key
= Seeded nation
[c] = Choice of ground
[*] = Choice of ground decided by lot

The home nation is listed first for each tie.

#5 ·
http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/188855.aspx
29 October 2014
Draw made for Europe/Africa Zone Group II

The draw for 2015 Europe/Africa Zone Group II took place at the ITF headquarters in London on Wednesday.

Top seeds South Africa will face an away trip to Turkey in the opening round, while Ernests Gulbis' Latvia will be at home to Grigor Dimitrov's Bulgaria in the pick of the first round ties.

Portugal and Luxembourg are the only seeded nations to be given home ties against Morocco and Madagascar respectively, while Bosnia/Herzegovina face a long journey down to Zimbabwe in March.

Ireland will play host to Belarus, Finland are on the road against Monaco and Hungary will host Moldova in the remainder of the fixtures due to be played on 6-8 March 2015.

Teams in Europe/Africa Zone Group II are playing for two promotion spots to Europe/Africa Zone Group I, while bidding to avoid the four relegation routes to Zone Group III.

The draw for Europe/Africa Zone Group II was unable to take place along with the rest of the draws for 2015 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas in September because the outcome of the Europe/Africa Zone Group I relegation play-off between Sweden and Latvia could have affected the seedings.

The full draw is listed below:

Europe/Africa Zone Group II

First round (6-8 March)
Turkey [c] [*] v South Africa
Ireland [c] v Belarus
Portugal [c] v Morocco
Monaco [c] v Finland
Zimbabwe [c] [*] v Bosnia/Herzegovina
Hungary [c] v Moldova
Luxembourg [c] v Madagascar
Latvia [c] v Bulgaria

Key
= Seeded nation
[c] = Choice of ground
[*] = Choice of ground decided by lot

The home nation is listed first for each tie.

#8 ·
It's strange that on the DC site it says the WG will start in 18 hours, when I'm pretty sure it starts in just over 3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.