Mens Tennis Forums banner

*** Indian Wells 2012 *** : Roger, keep on the good work !!

17K views 273 replies 48 participants last post by  JediFed 
#1 · (Edited)
Eden asked me to start this thread, let's hope it will bring Roger good luck :)

Roger has played great tennis and won his last two tournaments in Rotterdam and Dubai.

He had not played that great in february for many years (didn't play in february in 2008-2009-2010 especially, having physical problems), then there's hope he brings the good form to Indian Wells this time ! :clap2:

But he will have to adapt his game to a slower surface, grind more from the baseline.

His draw :

- R1 Kudla or Tursunov : Tursunov has been injured or out of form this year, the 19 year-old American Kudla might be Fed's opponent, he nearly beat Roddick a few weeks ago and had a good start of the year, number 90 in the Race at the moment, he's not a mug ;)

- R32 : the big TEST Raonic probably !! :unsure: Very tough opponent, it may depend on a few big points.

- R16 : Melzer or Monfils or Davydenko : Monfils comes back from injury, Davydenko lost to Chiudinelli in Dubai, I trust more Melzer, who won Memphis, but who still has a broken toe and sometimes back problems

- QF : Del Potro or Ferrer or Verdasco

- SF : Nadal (or Tsonga, Tipsarevic, Dolgopolov ...)

Let's go Roger !!!

See less See more
#232 ·
GREAT ROGER!!!!!!!!!! :angel:

#239 ·
Well done. Congrats Roger and to all who believed in him.

#240 ·
wow, what a week, what an effort from Feds! Battling illness, a horror draw, stupid horrible surface and bounce :worship:
This is nothing short of a sensational start to 2012. Just what the doctor ordered.
He is coming for you Pete :armed:
;)

Okay, I know I am getting ahead of myself but its been an inspiring effort from Roger here, I never expected him to win this and it didnt seem like he did either. But never write Federer off :D
I love the spring in Roger's step this year, there is something good about this Fed and this is going to be a good year baby! :rocker2:

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS. :) Nadal just 825 pts ahead now. :)

Congrats again Rog, so proud, keep it up!

Reactions: solowyn
#242 ·
30 years young!!

keep on playing and inspiring the younger guys Fed :yeah: *can't stop watching the Nadal semi :drool: :lol:

#243 ·
I want Miami now!!

said it for years here, this is why he always needs full schedules - he plays better when he's winning matches upon matches/tennis upon tennis

#244 ·
Impressive title for Federer.

He is really putting himself in a position to have a shot at no1 again :worship:. He will need a slam though. Someway it makes me sad realizing if he makes it(1or 2 slams + no1), It might be the last year he plays really really motivated and probably mostly go down in tennis level and results from there:(.

#247 ·
I love your new avatar!! :hearts: I can't rep you :( I gave out 10 reps yesterday and then MTF cut me off. Then it cut me off after only 4 today :rolleyes: Like I'm drunk or something :lol:

#252 ·
YEAAAAHHHH congrats Rogi for this unbelievable tournament, just too awesome to be true, defeating Nadal in the semis and Isner (revenge) in the final, to win his 3rd 2012 title, 19th TMS title, 4th IW title and 73rd career title:worship:!!!!!! Keep it up champ, you're doing awesome:hatoff:!!!!

#255 · (Edited)
The record number of tournament victories for a player over the age of 30 - is 15 by Agassi. Connors had 14.

Federer has 6 already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.