JMDP's Schedule/Tounament Merged Thread: 2008

30K views 475 replies 64 participants last post by  Getta 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

31/12/07 - Week 1: Adelaide, Australia
07/01/08 - Week 2: Sydney, Australia
14/01/08 - Week 3: Australian Open - Grand Slam
21/01/08 - Week 4: Australian Open - Grand Slam
28/01/08 - Week 5: Week Off
04/02/08 - Week 6: (Davis Cup 1st round week)
11/02/08 - Week 7: Delray Beach, USA (withdrawn)
18/02/08 - Week 8: San Jose, USA (withdrawn)
25/02/08 - Week 9: Memphis, USA (withdrawn)
03/03/08 - Week 10: Las Vegas, USA (withdrawn)
10/03/08 - Week 11: Indian Wells (withdrawn)
17/03/08 - Week 12: Indian Wells (withdrawn)
24/03/08 - Week 13: Miami
31/03/08 - Week 14: Miami
07/04/08 - Week 15:
14/04/08 - Week 16:
21/04/08 - Week 17:
28/04/08 - Week 18: Munich
05/05/08 - Week 19:
12/05/08 - Week 20:
19/05/08 - Week 21:
26/05/08 - Week 22: French Open - Grand Slam
02/06/08 - Week 23: French Open - Grand Slam
09/06/08 - Week 24:
16/06/08 - Week 25:
23/06/08 - Week 26: Wimbledon - Grand Slam
30/07/08 - Week 27: Wimbledon - Grand Slam
07/07/08 - Week 27:
14/07/08 - Week 28:
21/07/08 - Week 29:
28/07/08 - Week 30:
04/08/08- Week 31:
11/08/08 - Week 32:
18/08/08 - Week 33:
25/08/08 - Week 33: US Open - Grand Slam
31/08/08 - Week 34: Us Open - Grand Slam
08/09/08 - Week 35:
15/09/08 - Week 36:
22/09/08 - Week 37:
29/09/08 - Week 38:
06/10/08 - Week 40:
13/10/08 - Week 41:
20/10/08 - Week 42:
27/10/08 - Week 43:

NOTE: I'M SORRY THAT I REALLY DON'T HAVE TIME TO UPDATE THIS AS OFTEN AS I SHOULD - MANY APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. IF ANYONE FEELS LIKE TAKING OVER OR STARTING A NEW ONE - PLEASE FEEL FREE - SORRY AGAIN.

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: JMDP's Schedule:2006-2007

Lyon is not 100% confirmed yet - it depends on what happens this week in Madrid and how Juan feels after his first indoor tournament - but if he does decide to play any event next week it will be in Lyon :)

#7 · (Edited)

Now there are more chances to see him there. And about the following week, as he´s on Aachen Entry List, is it official that he´ll be there or is there any chance of see him in Paris Qualy Entry List?
As far as I am aware, according to the ATP Rules, if a player commits to a Challenger he can't then pull out to appear in another event. It is something to do with contractural obligations and not breaking contact once they have agreed to appear in one place. I don't know all the rules though - but I think that is correct - so - no - he cannot appear in Paris.

Btw - he plans to go to Lyon to qualify but he is very much hoping for a Wild Card either there or in Basel.

#8 ·

Hope he qualifies for Lyon, he needs all the experience he can get :yeah:

#10 ·

Well thanks Judio - but I don't somehow see him playing here :sad: I would be very VERY surprised if he does - especially with a tournament in Argentina the next week! I think he will go home after Aachen. But then again - maybe they just can't bear to be parted from me and our cold, grey English Winter!! :p Not sure if I could get the time off from work that week anyway - but I will certainly add it onto the Schedule for now! Thanks.

#11 ·

JM won't be in copa argentina

Reactions: Denaon
#12 ·

Juan will start his 2007 campaign in Adelaide which starts on 1st January, as opposed to the original choice of Chennai. I believe Adelaide is the first tournament which will try out the infamous new Round Robin format :unsure: Seems a strange choice to me, as the cut-off for Chennai is lower and I think he could have progressed further there :shrug: but guess there are reasons! Good Luck to him anyway!

#13 ·

Juan will start his 2007 campaign in Adelaide which starts on 1st January, as opposed to the original choice of Chennai. I believe Adelaide is the first tournament which will try out the infamous new Round Robin format :unsure: Seems a strange choice to me, as the cut-off for Chennai is lower and I think he could have progressed further there :shrug: but guess there are reasons! Good Luck to him anyway!
Yes, Adelaide is the First Tournament with RR.

Adelaide will have the 32 player RR format, so that means Juan Martín will play in the 16 player play-off for a place in the groups stage.

Until now, the players who will be part of that play-off are:

17 Hajek, Jan CZE 76
18 Hernych, Jan CZE 77
19 Vassallo Arguello, Martin ARG 80
20 Dancevic, Frank CAN 87
21 Del Potro, Juan Martin ARG 91
22 Dlouhy, Lukas CZE 92
23 Kunitsyn, Igor RUS 93
24 Vanek, Jiri CZE 94
25 Delic, Amer USA 96
26 (Q)
27 (Q)
28 (Q)
29 (Q)
30 (WC)
31 (WC)
32 (WC)

If he wins his match agaisnt someone of those players, then he will play other two matches (in the groups stage) for a place in the quarterfinals.

The rest of the tournament has the usual single-elimination format.

Oh, and the tournament will not start the 1st of Juanuary but on Sunday 31 December, because the tournament will last 8 days.

#14 ·

WillyCañas;4484713 said:
Yes, Adelaide is the First Tournament with RR.

Adelaide will have the 32 player RR format, so that means Juan Martín will play in the 16 player play-off for a place in the groups stage.

Until now, the players who will be part of that play-off are:

17 Hajek, Jan CZE 76
18 Hernych, Jan CZE 77
19 Vassallo Arguello, Martin ARG 80
20 Dancevic, Frank CAN 87
21 Del Potro, Juan Martin ARG 91
22 Dlouhy, Lukas CZE 92
23 Kunitsyn, Igor RUS 93
24 Vanek, Jiri CZE 94
25 Delic, Amer USA 96
26 (Q)
27 (Q)
28 (Q)
29 (Q)
30 (WC)
31 (WC)
32 (WC)

If he wins his match agaisnt someone of those players, then he will play other two matches (in the groups stage) for a place in the quarterfinals.

The rest of the tournament has the usual single-elimination format.

Oh, and the tournament will not start the 1st of January but on Sunday 31 December, because the tournament will last 8 days.

Thank for the info. Admit I don't know so much about this RR thing. Guess we can only see how things go after the first couple of tournaments. I'd certainly forgotten about the 8 day thing too - so no New Year's Eve celebrations for poor Juan Martin :sad:

#15 · (Edited)

Thank for the info. Admit I don't know so much about this RR thing. Guess we can only see how things go after the first couple of tournaments. I'd certainly forgotten about the 8 day thing too - so no New Year's Eve celebrations for poor Juan Martin :sad:
I didn't use to care about RR...

...but then ATP Buenos Aires was selected to be one of the Tournaments to test that system. :tape:

The bad thing is that there will be no more big surprises in the first stages of the tournaments. That means the low ranked players have less opportunities to go far...

Plus with the 24 player RR format (Viña del Mar will have it), the Draw is reduced from 32 to 24. That means the low ranked players will have it more difficult to enter the tournament.

On the other hand, with the 32 player RR format (tested in Adelaide, Buenos Aires and many other Tournaments), there will be one more day of tennis (tournaments start on Sunday) and 8 more matches.

I don't know if you have seen this thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=89129

#16 ·

Thanks for the information and the link. Must admit I hadn't taken so much interest in it, as the only tournament using it that I may go to is Stockholm. I still think it's a bad idea - as you say the lower ranked players have less chance to progress and improve their ranking - and it's very much there to protect the interests of the top "stars" as I see it - but guess we should try to approach the first few with an "open mind" and see what happens. Thanks again.

#17 ·

The next wednesday, Juan Martín will play the Rosario Open. Here will play Mariano Zabaleta, Mariano Puerta, Luis Horna y Delpo.
Good Look JM!

http://www.rosariodeportes.com/index.php

Reactions: *Ljubica*
#20 ·

Thanks for the info. I am away staying with relatives this week and can't get online so often - so appreciate the updates.

#21 · (Edited)

It is not 100% official yet so I haven't updated the first post - but I understand JM will be skipping the Latin American season next year to concentrate on the US hardcourts instead. He wants to prepare for the US Masters' series in Miami and Indian Wells, and he prefers hard cours to clay - so it really isn't surprising. He hopes to play in Memphis and Las Vegas - I will update the first post when it becomes 100% official!.

#22 ·

It is not 100% official yet so I haven't updated the first post - but I understand JM will be skipping the Latin American season next year to concentrate on the US hardcourts instead. He wants to prepare for the US Masters' series in Miami and Indian Wells, and he prefers hard cours to clay - so it really isn't surprising. He hopes to play in San Jose, Memphis and Las Vegas - I will update the first post when it becomes 100% official!.
wow, it surpises me a little bit because we have in Buenos Aires our ATP tournament in February and he will skip the possibility to play the only tournament we have at home...where did you hear this?

#30 ·

Rosie, do you know which day(s) you are in rotterdam ?? :)
Hi Duncan :wavey: Probably none at all this year because of work :sad: But if I do go, it will be for the first few days (from quallie Saturday to Tuesday) so I only need take 2 days off work. I'm probably going to leave starting my travels til April/May though - save some more money and go somewhere exciting for my Birthday :) How about you?

#32 ·

i will go on thursday probably and maybe friday too in rotterdam. probably only the dutch atp events but a small chance i go to RG too, have to wait and find out :)
Would be nice to see you at RG :)

#33 ·
Re: JMDP's Schedule: 2008

Vamos Delpo in 2008 ! ! !

Merry Christmas all JMDP fans ;)

#34 ·

Merry christmas to everyone here. I can't wait to cheer Juan Martin on at the Australian Open in a few weeks. I'm sure he'll do well there.

#35 · (Edited)
Juan in the Land Down Under 2008

Juan is already in Australia for the first tournament of the year in Adelaide. Here is the draw:

1] Lleyton HEWITT (AUS) v Dudi SELA (ISR)
Alejandro FALLA (COL) v Jose ACASUSO (ARG)
Ernests GULBIS (LAT) v QUALIFIER
Victor HANESCU (ROM) v [6] Jo-Wilfred TSONGA (FRA)

[3] Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN) v QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER v Simone BOLELLI (ITA)
Florian MAYER (GER) v Mischa ZVEREV (GER)
Vincent SPADEA (USA) v [8] Sebastien GROSJEAN (FRA)

[7] Juan Martin DEL POTRO (ARG) v Michael RUSSELL (USA)
[WC] Robert Smeets (AUS) v Benjamin BECKER (GER)
Evgeny KOROLEV (RUS) v Mario ANCIC (CRO)
Michael LLODRA (FRA) v [4] Gilles SIMON (FRA)

[5] Radek STEPANEK (CZE) v [WC] Joseph SIRIANNI (AUS)
Sam QUERREY (USA) v Steve DARCIS (BEL)
[WC] Chris GUCCIONE (AUS) v QUALIFIER
Julien BENNETEAU (FRA) v [2] Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA)

He will also play doubles here with Jose Acasuso. Here is the draw for that:-

[1] HANLEY, Paul AUS/PAES, Leander IND vs ANCIC, Mario CRO/STEPANEK, Radek CZE
DE VOEST, Rik RSA/FISHER, Ashley AUS vs BENNETEAU, Julien FRA/MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA

[4] GARCIA, Martin ARG/MELO, Marcelo BRA vs SIMON, Gilles FRA/ZVEREV, Mischa GER
LINDSTEDT, Robert SWE/NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN vs BOLELLI, Simone ITA/SELA, Dudi ISR

BUTORAC, Eric USA/DANCEVIC, Frank CAN vs [wc] HEALEY, Nathan AUS/HEWITT, Lleyton AUS
[wc] GUCCIONE, Chris AUS/SMEETS, Robert AUS vs [3] KERR, Jordan AUS/PERRY, Todd AUS

GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA/TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA vs HAGGARD, Chris RSA/MAYER, Florian GER
ACASUSO, Jose ARG/DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG vs [2] ERLICH, Jonathan ISR/RAM, Andy ISR

#36 ·
Re: Juan in the Land Down Under 2008

Thanks for the info Rosie- figures he would play one of the other guys I really like;)
And of course in the doubles my fav team. :silly:

#40 ·

he will play Viña del Mar tennis open

============

SANTIAGO.- Álvaro Fillol is quite taken aback by the injury which will keep Argentine player, Guillermo Cañas (15th) off the courts for four months. "I guess they'll call me at some point to let me know", he said rather nonchalantly for being the director of a tournament that included Cañas as the second most important player, based on ranking.

In a statement made to Emol, Fillol said that "he (Cañas) was obviously an important part of the tournament, but we were negotiating the addition of a Spanish player. Were are still in the preliminary stages of conversation, but we would like to bring Tommy Robredo, (10th), whom we have already approached".

"We might add another Spanish player, perhaps Verdasco", added Fillol.

The director of the Viña del Mar tennis open, which will take place from January 28th to February 3rd, also mentioned that the center and adjacent courts have already been constructed.

The Viña del Mar ATP has confirmed the participation of Fernando Gonzalez, its most important figure by far. The tournament has also confirmed the attendance of Argentine players, Juan Martín del Potro, Juan Ignacio Chela and Juan Mónaco, as well as Viña del Mar native, Nicolás Massú.

#44 ·

he will play Viña del Mar tennis open

============

SANTIAGO.- Álvaro Fillol is quite taken aback by the injury which will keep Argentine player, Guillermo Cañas (15th) off the courts for four months. "I guess they'll call me at some point to let me know", he said rather nonchalantly for being the director of a tournament that included Cañas as the second most important player, based on ranking.

In a statement made to Emol, Fillol said that "he (Cañas) was obviously an important part of the tournament, but we were negotiating the addition of a Spanish player. Were are still in the preliminary stages of conversation, but we would like to bring Tommy Robredo, (10th), whom we have already approached".

"We might add another Spanish player, perhaps Verdasco", added Fillol.

The director of the Viña del Mar tennis open, which will take place from January 28th to February 3rd, also mentioned that the center and adjacent courts have already been constructed.

The Viña del Mar ATP has confirmed the participation of Fernando Gonzalez, its most important figure by far. The tournament has also confirmed the attendance of Argentine players, Juan Martín del Potro, Juan Ignacio Chela and Juan Mónaco, as well as Viña del Mar native, Nicolás Massú.
I read that too, but so far, he is not on the official ATP Entry List, so I will not alter our schedule until it becomes official. I think it is quite possible they may offer him a Wild Card to replace Canas, and if he loses early in the AO, he may well accept. But at the moment, the official ATP lists which are updated by the players and coaches themselves in PlayerZone, do not mention him, so if you don't mind, I will keep the schedule as it is, until official news comes from the ATP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.