Mens Tennis Forums banner

Commentary at its finest

405K views 3K replies 697 participants last post by  Burrow 
#1 ·
Post any noteworthy pieces of commentary that you wish to share.

#341 ·
Re: Commentary at its best

Mahut serving at 5-5, 30-15 in the Nadal match, and he hits an ace. Nadal walks to the other side, and the ump calls a let. After a little argument from Mahut, the ump turns off the machine that measures a let or not. The commentator:

"It seems, they're turning off the machine for the let call, its a bit too sensitive. It gets a little female from time to time"

:lol:

#345 ·

Mahut serving at 5-5, 30-15 in the Nadal match, and he hits an ace. Nadal walks to the other side, and the ump calls a let. After a little argument from Mahut, the ump turns off the machine that measures a let or not. The commentator:

"It seems, they're turning off the machine for the let call, its a bit too sensitive. It gets a little female from time to time"

:lol:
Well they also said Nadal is the best player in the world, so I won't take them seriously... Otherwise :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#342 ·

lol i heared the female comment and i couldnt believe my ears beause ive never heared of that term being used like that before.

#344 ·

yep he did,

but he knows he is going to get smacked when he comes home after making that comment.

#350 ·

One that John Newcombe said about Ferrero (thanks to Volandri Fan for reminding me of this one, but I was mad when I heard him say it, his head is stuck up too far up Hewitt's arse to know what else is going on around him)

"The wind blew away the ball, and it nearly blew Juan Carlos away too, there's not much of him"

That was so mean.

#352 ·

One that John Newcombe said about Ferrero (thanks to Volandri Fan for reminding me of this one, but I was mad when I heard him say it, his head is stuck up too far up Hewitt's arse to know what else is going on around him)

"The wind blew away the ball, and it nearly blew Juan Carlos away too, there's not much of him"

That was so mean.
Oh great! Another thread in which we can express our rage over this unacceptable cruelty towards poor Juanqui :sad:

:hug: <-- For JC :D

#356 ·

I was listening to Radio Wimbledon during the Nadal-Berdych match. One of the announcers--I don't know his name--was describing Nadal in between points:

"Nadal is now tucking his hair behind his ears. It must be nice to have hair that can grow that long. Other parts of the body grow as you get older, but never the ones you want."

#357 ·

I was listening to Radio Wimbledon during the Nadal-Berdych match. One of the announcers--I don't know his name--was describing Nadal in between points:

"Nadal is now tucking his hair behind his ears. It must be nice to have hair that can grow that long. Other parts of the body grow as you get older, but never the ones you want."

:haha: :tape:

I guess we can assume from that comment that he is bald, has a big belly and a small ...well I won't go there. ;)

#360 · (Edited)

Some gems from Donald Dell/Barry Mackay yesterday:
-Norman is one of the tallest players on tour along with the Czech Ivo Karlovic
-Karlovic has done very well the last few years at Wimbledon (If losing in the first round three years in a row is very well :eek:)

There were a bunch more that I can't think of at the moment.

-The two youngsters, Santoro (34 yrs. old) and Mahut, will contest for the final.

They also called Dick Norman (36 yrs. old) a youngster.

EDIT: Another one - "Santoro has won four or five titles but never a major on the ATP tour so this a huge occasion for him." :haha:

#361 ·

Some gems from Donald Dell/Barry Mackay yesterday:
-Norman is one of the tallest players on tour along with the Czech Ivo Karlovic
-Karlovic has done very well the last few years at Wimbledon (If losing in the first round three years in a row is very well :eek:)

There were a bunch more that I can't think of at the moment.

-The two youngsters, Santoro (34 yrs. old) and Mahut, will contest for the final.

They also called Dick Norman (36 yrs. old) a youngster.

EDIT: Another one - "Santoro has won four or five titles but never a major on the ATP tour so this a huge occasion for him." :haha:
Hahahahaha

#362 ·

Doug Adler and Goodall during the Safin match, where he was self destructing in the second set.

Goodall, bags out Safin and says he wants to do this and that, enough of the words and Adler made reference to the circus in describing Safin's performance in the 2nd set.

#364 ·

Doug Adler (is that the American guy) in the Fed - Karlovic match: "Steve Ullrich didn't like the way Federer netted that FH, that's why his voice went down"

#365 ·

Doug Adler (is that the American guy) in the Fed - Karlovic match: "Steve Ullrich didn't like the way Federer netted that FH, that's why his voice went down"
Yes, that's him.

Originally posted by Krystel
Yeah they really had some harsh words to say about Safin's antics in the second set. He also said that Safin is lucky to even be ranked 22 and that there's no chance he'll be going back in the top 10.
Yes, they didn't hold back and for the most part it was justified the criticism and Safin did have a huge amount of chances and then does an Acasuso in the 2nd set.

#368 ·
#367 ·

During the Roddick, Clement match - Roddick hits angrily hits a ball into the stands: Jason Goodall says "If that ball had been hit by Billy Bonds, it might be worth millions"

Jason...don't talk about baseball.

#369 ·

During the Ljubicic/Delic match on TTC coverage, the American commentator is talking about the different playing issues between this tourney and last week. He mentions that the "balls are very heavy", the English commentator quietly adds, "and no one wants that."

#371 ·

Doug Adler showing his great research skills about Wawrinka. "He has only won 1 match since his comeback from knee surgery". Well what about that final in Stuttgart this year, he didn't make that by getting 3 walkovers to the final.

#374 ·

Dutch Eurosport: "Yesterday we saw the best match of the tournament; the match between Djokovic and Novak."

#375 ·

Dutch Eurosport: "Yesterday we saw the best match of the tournament; the match between Djokovic and Novak."

yeah, i saw it too:)
i can understand he was bored by the brainless bashing of Sharapova, but this is so typical. They make mistakes like this all the time. Why is there no coverage on la deux this year?

#377 ·

Okay, these commentators have got to lay off the hyperbole juice, post haste. They are acting as if Federer doesn't regularly face off with the guy with the biggest serve in the men's game. This match will probably be decided in the tie breaks.

Mary Carillo is going ape because Isner was serving in the 130s. WTF?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.