Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will you still talk to the person who

1K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Kristen 
#1 ·
doenst take initiative to talk to you?

Imagine you are in this situation, you really like talking to a person, and whenever you are on MSN, it's always you who take the initiative to talk, and he/she enjoys talking to you too, but if you dont do it, then he/she wouldnt start the conversation!

so will you still talk to him/her?

#6 ·
ask them why they don't talk to you... i do that. wait for a while, then ask them "why don't you talk to me anymore" it makes them feel bad, but it works. :shrug:

#11 ·
I know this kind of situation. But I´m usually not the one who starts conversations, I always wait for others to message me [make the first step...lol) first. And in one guy´s case...we talk on the phone and in person all the time and enjoy talking to each other but on MSN he doesn´t bother replying me at all because he is usually busy with his work and everything but that doesn´t keep me from wishing him a nice day over and over again and every once in a while he even returns the favor. :D

#12 ·
Computers and modern technology has gotten in the way of people speaking to each other. Whatever happend to real conversations with people?

By the way I'm shy and low key and I will wait for friends who I haven't spoken to in a long time say something first before I respond.

#13 ·
I rarely ever start chats on MSN or AIM unless I need a specific piece of information from someone or haven't heard from someone in a while. People are busy and they are not always able to start a conversation, but they may be willing to participate if someone else starts it. Of course, the really busy people either don't sign in or they put up their away messages when they do.

#14 ·
the cat said:
Computers and modern technology has gotten in the way of people speaking to each other. Whatever happend to real conversations with people?
Online messengers are useful when it comes to having conversations with people who live far away from you because it´s a lot cheaper than talking on the phone or catching a flight just to say a quick hi to someone you haven´t talked to in a while. :lol:

Either way, I prefer to have personal conversations because like that you can see better whether he or she is in the mood to speak to you and so on.

#15 ·
Fee said:
I rarely ever start chats on MSN or AIM unless I need a specific piece of information from someone or haven't heard from someone in a while. People are busy and they are not always able to start a conversation, but they may be willing to participate if someone else starts it. Of course, the really busy people either don't sign in or they put up their away messages when they do.
I totally agree...

Reactions: Fee
#16 ·
I know this situation, most of the time I'm the one who starts the conversation, but sometimes I wait to see whether they talk to me or no. When I get the idea someone always starts, I start the next time. I don't ignore ppl when they never start but I do ignore them when I ask how they are, just to start a converstation, and he/she just answers' I'm fine' and he doesn't ask how I am.

#19 ·
Pancakesong said:
I know this situation, most of the time I'm the one who starts the conversation, but sometimes I wait to see whether they talk to me or no. When I get the idea someone always starts, I start the next time. I don't ignore ppl when they never start but I do ignore them when I ask how they are, just to start a converstation, and he/she just answers' I'm fine' and he doesn't ask how I am.
indeed I usually don't have time to start a convo with you coz you did start one already :p
:lol: And why do you still talk to me then? Coz you know that I often ignore people on msn :p though of course I talk to you on the board most of the time...

#21 ·
I AM that person who rarely starts a conversation.
If someone starts one with me, then I'll keep it going of course.
I have over 70 people on my list. I wont be saying hello to all of them. And, I've blocked about 60% of my list because they are absolute f*ckwits who don't understand that the "busy/away/brb/on the phone" status' actually MEANS something. How am I expected to get anything done when 12 people are talking to me? Granted, a lot of the time I am 'getting stuff done' on MTF instead of something more productive...but still!

The 60% is referring to people I know, who are non-tennis. As for the tennis people who never see me online, I don't use the bjorkmangirl address very often :hug: :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.