Mens Tennis Forums banner

How much do you pay for....?

1K views 43 replies 27 participants last post by  Scotso 
#1 · (Edited)
As we all know, in MTF gather lots of different people from lots of different countries and that is the premise of this thread......
I thought of naming it How much do you earn, but I don't think anyone would like to tell me about it. So, as we differ from societies I was curious about how much does it cost buy cigarettes, a coffee, or rent a place to live....
(all prices will be in U$s)

I, Denaon ;) , live in Buenos Aires, and I earn $850.00 (pesos argentinos) per month about U$s 300.00.- :eek: (shame on you Argentina!)
To buy cigarettes you have to spend $ 3.50 = U$S 1.24
A coffee with two or three croissants pretty much the same to ciggies
To rent an apartment, f.i. where I live right now, I spend $ 350.00 = u$s 124.00

Let me hear from you!!!!

#2 ·
Re: How much does it cost to you.........?

I would help you out except that I'm useless with dollars - we only ever think in British pounds and euros here. But I did a quick (rough) conversion from £ to $ on a web-site I found, so I can tell you that here in the South of England where I live, we would pay:-

- £5.00 for a packet of cigarettes = about 7.5 dollars

- £3.00 for a coffee - which is about 5.4 dollars

- Monthly rent on an apartment is about £700.00 - about 1,300 dollars

As for earnings - I'm not prepared to divulge my salary on MTF but enough to live quite comfortably :)

#3 · (Edited)
Re: How much does it cost to you.........?

Rosie said:
As for earnings - I'm not prepared to divulge my salary on MTF but enough to live quite comfortably :)
Rosie :wavey:
My guess was right about earnings, but I'm my case there's a point, cause we (Argies) have earned about three times more before the 2001 economic collapse....

To go to the cinema $ 9.00 = u$s 3.10
Mine is a rough exchange conversion too :D

#4 ·
Re: How much does it cost to you to...?

Awesome idea :D

#5 ·

Hmmm.

pack of name-brand cigarettes (like Marlboro) - on the order of $3.00 (I think...I'll have to check since I don't smoke...and Virginia, home of Philip Morris, has some of the lowest taxes in the country).

a premium cup of coffee - ~US$3.50 at Starbucks, ~US$2.25 at Dunkin Donuts, ~US$1.29 at a local gourmet grocery store

monthly rent on a 2-bedroom apartment ranges from $US600-$900/month (but that's the most variable depending on which part of town you live in.

As for salary, I work for government and we have graded payscales for programmers ranging from US$35,500/yr to US$86,000/yr. I am somewhere comfortably in that range. Project Leaders and Managers...are in the US$52,400/yr to US$110,000/yr.

And I have to admit, I work for one of the wealthiest counties in the country (not just the southeast) so those "government" payscales may be a bit skewed. If I can brag just a bit...every middle and high school student is given/loaned a laptop computer as part of their studies yet our real estate tax rate is a paltry $0.94 per $100 of value. Our county mantains six clay courts for free, public use...and every school has at least four courts (of which most have free lights). It's a players paradise.

To sum up, we're spoiled. In general, in our region, the cost of living is very low (compared to the North, West and major metropolitan areas), our wages competitive and the opportunities abundant. It's a nice place to live.

#6 ·

I live in Houston and it costs about $4.00 (USD) for cigarettes, about the same for a latte at Starbucks and rent is about $900-1200 USD :sad:
Everything is too damn expensive for me! My salary is sad and I have almost half my gross salary in credit card debt. I can see the day coming when I am forced to give up cigarettes and Starbucks! But until then, :smoke:

#7 ·

I live in St.Louis Missouri.USA
I dont work.:) im at school but other family members do

Montly-$4100
Smokes-$2-4
coffee- ??
Gas- 2.20gallon
House payment- 600 (depends on how long the morgage is)
Car payments- 400
My school- 1200

^all monthly.

#8 ·

Hola Denaon! :wavey:

Wow, Rosie. :eek: Things are expensive in England.

I live in the southeastern U.S.(things are more expensive up north)

Ciggarettes-3 or 4 dollars(for the good brands)
Coffee(in a cafe)-usually 2 or 3 dollars(more for specialty coffees)

Rent- 500-1500 dollars (depending on the size and area)

#9 · (Edited)

Germany/Austria:

pack cigarettes (about 20 cigarettes) ~ 4.50 US$ to 6.00 US$
cup of coffee and croissants or piece of cake ~ 4 US$ to 5 US$ (might be cheaper in cafés outside of big cities)
a pack of coffee (500g) ~ 6.50 US$
rent: heavily depends upon what location and size, between 200 US$ (for the cheapest, very vers small) up to almost "unlimited"

1 liter normal gas ~ 1.45 US$
(Austria: 1.20 US$)

#11 ·

Angle Queen said:
Hmmm.

pack of name-brand cigarettes (like Marlboro) - on the order of $3.00 (I think...I'll have to check since I don't smoke...and Virginia, home of Philip Morris, has some of the lowest taxes in the country).

a premium cup of coffee - ~US$3.50 at Starbucks, ~US$2.25 at Dunkin Donuts, ~US$1.29 at a local gourmet grocery store

monthly rent on a 2-bedroom apartment ranges from $US600-$900/month (but that's the most variable depending on which part of town you live in.

As for salary, I work for government and we have graded payscales for programmers ranging from US$35,500/yr to US$86,000/yr. I am somewhere comfortably in that range. Project Leaders and Managers...are in the US$52,400/yr to US$110,000/yr.

And I have to admit, I work for one of the wealthiest counties in the country (not just the southeast) so those "government" payscales may be a bit skewed. If I can brag just a bit...every middle and high school student is given/loaned a laptop computer as part of their studies yet our real estate tax rate is a paltry $0.94 per $100 of value. Our county mantains six clay courts for free, public use...and every school has at least four courts (of which most have free lights). It's a players paradise.

To sum up, we're spoiled. In general, in our region, the cost of living is very low (compared to the North, West and major metropolitan areas), our wages competitive and the opportunities abundant. It's a nice place to live.
This definitely increased my opinion of Richmond!

#12 ·

Denaon said:
Hi Jas!!!:kiss:
Buenos Aires:
A drink in a pub about $ 8.00 = U$s 2.83
The best pizza in BA, (the one I fell in love) :drool: $15.00 = U$s 5.31
Munich:
1 liter beer ~ 6.50 US$ (Oktoberfest: 9 US$)
non-alcoholic drink, half a liter ~ 3.50 to 4.50 US$
(really) big pizza at Italian restaurant ~ 10 to 11 US$

#13 ·

Denaon said:
Hi Jas!!!:kiss:
Buenos Aires:
A drink in a pub about $ 8.00 = U$s 2.83
The best pizza in BA, (the one I fell in love) :drool: $15.00 = U$s 5.31
So which place/street do I need to visit for the best pizza in BA? :) Everytime I buy pizza anywhere in BA I think it's the best. The food in the city really is sensational.

#14 ·

gravity said:
So which place/street do I need to visit for the best pizza in BA? :) Everytime I buy pizza anywhere in BA I think it's the best. The food in the city really is sensational.
You know gravity, I can't remember the name of this place right now, it's on Corrientes Av. near the obelisk. I just remember it was the best pizza ever, I think you'd probably know the place already. ;)

#16 ·

gravity said:
Pizza Cero is pretty nice, it's near the Hilton Hotel in Puerto Madero, although I usually buy it in La Continental ;)

#17 ·

i live in the republic of ireland, we're one of {if not the most} expensive country in the EU. a bottle of coke is €1.20 and a bag of chips is €2.20. i work in a hotel and get €10 an hour. im only 17, i dont rent a gaff or smoke so i cant give figures for those!

#18 ·

Denaon said:
Ok, how about Mc Donald's Big Mac??

In Buenos Aires $ 8.25 = u$s 2.92, that is hamburger with medium soda and medium frites.

We need worldwide data here ;)
Around $4.50 here in TN.

#20 ·

I'm too lazy to convert the currency's. Just take away roughly 25% and you've got US dollars.

I only have a casual job but I make $20ph. $25 on weekends.
Rent in my area for a 3 bedroom apartment is about $900 A WEEK!
Don't smoke. $7-$12?
Don't drink coffee.
Don't eat McDonalds but I think a Big Mac meal is about $5.95.
One semester at uni - $2500.
Petrol is $1.14 per litre and rising.
Pack of gum - 55 cents
Harbour Bridge toll - $3. Bah.
A Pils of Stella - $4.50

Living in Sydney - Priceless.

G
#23 ·

oops wrong thread,

i live in beautiful sydney..

petrol - daylight robbery at the moment, around $1.20 per litre
rent - i have my own apartment but pay about $2,500 in repayment each month :eek:
pack of ciggies - around $9 but about 3/4 of that is due to around 100 taxes applied to all tobacco products. gotta love australia
M2 toll - $3.30 one way
A refreshing Tooheys new extra dry - depends where you go but at a normal pub around $6

#25 ·

Holland:

I'm a student so I don't make any money. But I live of about €550 a month
Rent: my room is about 3 by 4 metres and costs €240 month
Don't smoke. I think sigarettes cost around €3.50
Coffee, about €4 a month
Mcdonalds, a hamburger costs around €1.40
A year in uni, around €1500 But a student who doesn't live with his parents gets 230 euro's a month from the government. One who lives at home around €70
Petrol is around 1.35 euro per litre I think, don't own a car.
Beer: €1.50-2 in a pub. A crate with 24 bottles costs around €10.

#26 ·

cute thread... lol.

I live in Brisbane too!

Just put in some petrol today... 98.9c per litre (I got those discount thingys so it's 94.9c)

Starbucks - A Grande White Chocolate Mocha (my fav) would be around $5 - $6 (stopped checking a while ago because really it's getting a bit expensive for a coffee)

smokes.... I don't smoke, but they should be around $8

rent for a nice inner city apartment would be around $300 per week - hate the rising property prices, I blame it on the people moving interstate who thinks everything is cheap here because they paid ridiculous prices where they came from.

used to have a part time job which paid $17 per hour ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.