Mens Tennis Forums banner

How much do you pay for....?

1K views 43 replies 27 participants last post by  Scotso 
#1 · (Edited)
As we all know, in MTF gather lots of different people from lots of different countries and that is the premise of this thread......
I thought of naming it How much do you earn, but I don't think anyone would like to tell me about it. So, as we differ from societies I was curious about how much does it cost buy cigarettes, a coffee, or rent a place to live....
(all prices will be in U$s)

I, Denaon ;) , live in Buenos Aires, and I earn $850.00 (pesos argentinos) per month about U$s 300.00.- :eek: (shame on you Argentina!)
To buy cigarettes you have to spend $ 3.50 = U$S 1.24
A coffee with two or three croissants pretty much the same to ciggies
To rent an apartment, f.i. where I live right now, I spend $ 350.00 = u$s 124.00

Let me hear from you!!!!

#28 ·
Re: How much does it cost to you to...?

singapore.....cigarettes are VERY expensive cos they decided to tax the cigarettes per stick....not that it's helped to lower the smokers numbers...not sure how much they are..but the wellknown ones are over $10 a pack of 20....which is erm...US$6 roughly methinks...

a big mac meal is about.... $6 which is...US$ 3.60?
a movie ticket....erm... currently $8.50 about US$5 but the evil ones are raising prices again... :ras:

starbucks....uhm...... tall frappes are about..... $5 = US$3

#29 ·

erm.... Rosie has got most of the English stuff covered..

but...

pint of beer (where I live in the South of England, not taking into account of student prices) - £2.50 = $4.60

cinema - £6.00 = $11.20

i pay £250 ($468) a month for rent but I share with two others so our house rent is £750, not including bills..

I can't wait to move!!!!!

#30 ·

Denaon said:
Ok, how about Mc Donald's Big Mac??

In Buenos Aires $ 8.25 = u$s 2.92, that is hamburger with medium soda and medium frites.

We need worldwide data here ;)
As a vegetarian, I wouldn't go near a MacDonalds - but I just asked a colleague at work and she said a burger with fries and a coke would be about £5.00 here which is about $8.00.

#31 ·

cigarretes about £4 roughly i haven't smoked since i was a kid so i'm not really too sure.
Coffee about £2
rent about £700 a month in the city about £400-500 elsewhere.
I dont really know just guessing

#35 ·
Angle Queen said:
bumping...

because it came up in the context of how much the MTF subscription ($20/yr) might really be worth where you are.....
:D you're fast!!!! :lol:

Yeah, I told AQ that 20 per month ( I got confused about it) was way too much what I could pay for, but $20/yr as it is ( I have that cleared) it's not much at all.

#37 ·
Well im a student so dont really earn much or spend much, i really dunno how much things cost, all i know is that i live in rip-off country!!

Roughly:

Ciggarettes: dont smoke but i think from about £4

Coffee: £3 about

Rent: £83 per week for me in September

Big Mac: have no idea I go for the chicken nuggets myself :lol: which is £2.99 for a medium meal!

#38 · (Edited)
In Argentina you pay:

For a decent pair of jeans, good brand: from $60 to $100 pesos, that is Us$20 to Us$33 or €17 to €28

For any new CD: from $22 to $29 pesos, about Us$7 to Us$10 or €6 to €8

For a ticket to the movies: $12 (max) pesos, about Us$ 4 or € 3,4

For a good pair of sneakers, great known brands: from $200 to $350 pesos, about Us$70 to Us$122 or €56 to €100

#40 ·
Bern, Switzerland:

beer in a pub: US$ 2.70
espresso/coffee: US$ 2.30
Starbucks: US$ 3.45
pack of ciggies: US$ 4.30
Big Mac w fries & cola US$ 8.00

*rent, 3 room flat between US$ 1200-1500
1 room flat US$ 570

*depends on the location. some places costs more.

gasoline: around US$ 1.10/liter

#41 ·

Angle Queen said:
Hmmm.
Our county mantains six clay courts for free, public use.
:eek: Is this Henrico County? Could I play, being a state resident, or do you have to live in the county?

#42 ·
Argentina: Starbucks doesn't live here. ;) Just when you thought it conquered everything habitable to man.

#43 ·
:lol:

Movie ticket (odeon) about £5 but on bargin tuesday its bout £4

CDs - £9.99

Petrol - around 80-90p per litre me thinks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.