Mens Tennis Forums banner

ROME R2 Janowicz makes fun of Tsonga 6-4 7-6

17K views 118 replies 76 participants last post by  careergrandslam 
#1 ·
#67 ·
Re: ROME R2 Jerzy makes fun of Tsonga 6-4 7-6

roger rasheed ‏@roger_rasheed 2h

Proud of @tsonga for honoring the tournament & stepping on court today - Shows what a great character he has. Will be 100% & firing for RG ?
Does any one know what is the deal?

#71 ·
#75 ·

I like Janowicz but this ripping the shirt off part is little bit ridiculous ,it just proves that he's still a kid and his emotions are all over the place^^Even so it was so entertaining!Congrats to JJ, fantastic win!

#78 ·

Great stuff from JJ,except I cringed when he ripped that shirt,unnecessary.Djokovic's one felt justified,at least.
But I mean maybe it is genuine emotion,for me it is dangerously close to attention whoring.

Most importantly the serve was firing,had his moments on the return and that's his game .Also,very solid from the baseline,not many errors ,mainly bad droppers or volleys,although I still feel he can move better.

What's this tweet from Rasheed ? It clearly suggests Jo not being fully fit to compete today.Smells fishy,but honestly Stronga serve was quite slow,he usually hits harder on first.And today often he was taking a substantial amount of pace off and rather serving out wide.Another guy with back problems ?

#80 ·

Great stuff from JJ,except I cringed when he ripped that shirt,unnecessary.Djokovic's one felt justified,at least.
But I mean maybe it is genuine emotion,for me it is dangerously close to attention whoring.
I didn't like the shirt ripping, either. But Djokovic did that after he beat a top20 rival in R4, so that's hardly more justified than this, especially considering Novak is #1.

#84 ·

Clownowicz trying his best to imitate Nole and as he's miles away with his game, he's trying his best at least with the celebrations

And ripping your shirt off after a straight sets victory in a 2nd round match is stupid as fuck

#86 ·

He doesn't have the luxury of facing mugs in the 2nd rounds as you might have noticed.

#87 ·

He should keep his emotions more in check, even if it is a huge win for him. Federer vs Janowicz would be a great quarterfinal.

#88 ·

now he sees how ridiculous his Dumb Dance must look to other people...

#98 ·

If JJ and Fed win their respective matches tomorrow,I'm going to rip my shirt in excitement for the match in prospect:p Two of my faves clashing.
It would be a fabulous birthday present:aparty:

Reactions: Kat_YYZ
#100 ·

If JJ and Fed win their respective matches tomorrow,I'm going to rip my shirt in excitement for the match in prospect:p Two of my faves clashing.
It would be a fabulous birthday present:aparty:
Hope it happens for you. I want to see it too.

#103 ·
Shirt ripping :eek:

Was it not Jerzy who claimed Djokovic is uncharismatic and lame? :scratch:

#104 ·
This is becoming ridiculous. What are you guys arguing about. Don't you have better things to do? Arguing over 2nd round mini-upset, shirt rip?lol. NID.

/thread

#108 ·
Jerzy :worship:
I'm so happy for him, this is an excellent result! It was great to see him so focused and determined again, he is extremely dangerous when he manages his emotions. Such a fighter.
Now I hope that he got enough of his confidence and form back to show Gasquet that IW was a one time thing.

#109 ·
I'm just trying to picture how MTF would react if Ferrer or Nadal did this. Of course they are expected to win a match against Tsonga on clay, but if they did, the shitstorm on this board would be so vast, so powerful, my computer would explode.

#119 ·
Nadal almost lost that 4th set and I believe it was a huge mental barrier to win that 4th set and take it to a decider. His confidence was shot from previous losses to Djokovic. His belief was gone. When he won that 4th set, he started to believe he could win (even though he eventually lost a very close 5th set). That 4th set victory was very important for his confidence and his wins over djokovic in the clay season last year. If he lost that 4th set, he would still have the mental demons going into the clay season and probably would have lost those matches too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.