Mens Tennis Forums banner

US presidential election 2012

57K views 1K replies 95 participants last post by  Har-Tru 
#1 · (Edited)
obama v. romney.

it's on.

#107 ·
Vote for the more progressive. US is very backward in many ways especially economy and education. Renew yourself guys...instead of making wars in other areas!!!

#114 · (Edited)
she's actually right on the money in her diagnosis about the sad state of affairs of the US.

too bad there aren't truly progressive candidates with a chance to win, though.
She is not right on the money. It could be better, but if you consider it ''very backward'', then you would have to consider most of the world totally failed, especially South America.

However, if you keep repeating that US affairs are in a bad state, then eventually you may succeed in brainwashing a few gullible children.

#118 ·
America is mostly fine the way it is. Not too bothered who gets elected though I'd prefer someone who has the guts to cut reckless government spending.

The debates are interesting but usually bollocks. Presidents rarely deliver pledged changes once in power.

#134 · (Edited)
Am I right in thinking buddyholly is Irish, and lives in Canada and/or Costa Rica? Why then is he one of the staunchest defenders of America's values and political system I've ver seen?
Only because in these threads we see some of the staunchest hating (Jealously). I certainly much prefer living in North America than I did in Britain. Great to get away from all that class consciousness and ''what school did you go to?'' snobbery. To be accepted for who you are and not for what your father did, etc.

Oh, and it seems to make all the Brits here go apeshit with indignation. I like that part.

#143 ·
The American government has issues but not America. Yes they spend too much on military but it's still only 4% of GDP. The budget deficit is over 10%. Even if they cut to, say, 2% (which is less than what UK, France and Russia spend) it barely scratches the surface.

As for corruption, it exists in every country. America's is probably less bad than most.

#144 ·
As for corruption, it exists in every country. America's is probably less bad than most.
A lot of uninformed people just make things up to suit their biases. For example, shiaben in the post above, could have consulted a world corruption index, before deciding to invent something. But that would conflict with already held biases. You are not likely to see shiaben come on here and rail about corruption in France.

In fact, if you lump together North America, Europe and Aus/NZ you can pretty much feel safe from corruption. Venture outside these areas and you had better watch your ass. These are just facts. Put another way - the Western World sets the standard for honesty.

#146 ·
Corruption exists everywhere but what's ridiculous is the continuation of imperialism in today's world.

Though it seems though buddyholly that you're okay with that since judging from your flag I'm sure you paint a beautiful and glorious picture of imperialists and colonialists since they've helped the likes of you separate Northern Ireland from the mainland.

#148 ·
There is almost no corruption and Australia :shrug: probably the reason why our politicians, cops and government workers are so bitter...

#155 ·
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70156.html

Ron Paul takes foreign policy message to Iowa
boy, would the world be interesting (in all kinds of ways) with paul running washington...just imagine the power struggle in the middle east once america withdraws completely. he's certainly onto something politically but some of his views, if implemented, seem just downright scary.

#158 ·
That's kind of how I feel about the situation as well.

Regardless, of all the available candidates including Obama whose defending the Democratic race, without a shout of a doubt, I think Ron Paul would be ideal if he does all the things he says.

Then again even with his amazing ads and messages he's got out to really strengthen his position, the poor guy will not receive the required amount of votes he deserves to lead the country.

#159 ·
Here is your beloved Ron Paul:

#165 ·
yet another yank bible humper. nothing to see here. I bet they'll still have presidents who believe in a magical wizard who created everything in thousand years' time. :eek::eek:

#162 ·
Nevermind about the "arrogant scientific atheists". And you don't "believe" in evolution, just like you don't "believe" that Pluto exists.

You simply cannot pretend someone who ignores an established scientific theory is qualified to become the most powerful person in the world.

#183 ·
I came here to post that, I liked this response:

Elliott Abrams, a Bush deputy national security adviser now with the Council on Foreign Relations, said: "There was no Jordan or Syria or Iraq, either, so perhaps he would say they are all invented people as well, and also have no right to statehood. Whatever was true then, Palestinian nationalism has grown since 1948, and whether we like it or not, it exists."

if anything, Israel is the truly invented nation for invented people who had no right to travel to Palestine and claim that land except by their own religious bullshit, they should have remained in diaspora where they belong

#190 ·
You pick a leader when it comes to doing a good damn job. You don't pick one on whether or not he believes in God.

The guy can have religious beliefs, be agnostic, or be an atheist, but as long as he can help improve the country, that's all that matters.

History is testament to that.

#192 ·
Who the hell talked about his believing or not believing in God?

#191 · (Edited)
ron paul is a semi-libertarian clown but at least he's not such an interventionist hawk like obama or bush... i really like his stance on israel but that's probly the main reason he'll fail. the american zionist jews won't simply let that pass.

all in all, he's a crap candidate but -in terms of the world's welfare- he is probly a lot better than the other guys around. without knowing much about the upcoming yank elections, i'd say theres no chance in hell he even gets the republican nomination to run for president.

#204 ·
#206 ·
buddyholly jizzes in his pants with threads like this.
"Type the word Israelis?'' Well you did not actually ''type'' Israelis, but you did ''type'' the word Israel. The only way I can understand your post is by ''they'' being the citizens of Israel.

If not, then I must assume that you referred to some people as '''they'' without identifying them. __________________
There can't be any citizens of a country whose very existence is still in dispute. "They" is a much nicer/diplomatic word than other ones habiko could have used.

Pretend-intellectual WUM.

#216 ·
Paul's fans tend to appear in mass at these straw polls, sadly don't read much into it.

#222 ·
I thought it was going to be a political thriller, but politics was just the setting, not the theme. The Descendants was not great either, but Hollywood can see no wrong with Clooney. He needs to be at the awards for the TV ratings, thus all the nominations will keep coming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.