Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping - U.S. Open - Congrats to sergiodmm and Elirj70/Dexter

79K views 1K replies 240 participants last post by  OnTheRun 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping - U.S. Open

What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:

Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit. :D

Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4423014&postcount=1

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT: US Open, day #]. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE

If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to bry17may@hotmail.com and Mister_thomas93@hotmail.com

See less See more
#1,185 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping - U.S. Open - OOP for Friday #982

Monday OOP - Day 16 9th September

Novak DJOKOVIC vs Rafael NADAL PTS1

All the matches count for Singles F (Day 2 of 2) and Doubles F (Day 2 of 2)
DEADLINE: When the first match start at TBD

Please send your picks to bry17may and supertom

#1,186 ·

really want, what would become the European champion forecaster)) because I wish good luck VamosRafaNadal!

Well, ill will Rafa! Rafa, who can win and prove that he is better than Djokovic!

#1,187 ·

Deadline for tommorow 5:00PM NYT - 11:00PM CET..
Good luck all players :)

#1,189 ·

30 minutes before final picks.. Any anxiousness? :p

#1,190 ·

Monday diffs - singles

I don't know if it happened to have a final so close.. kinda long to explain everything but I prefer to be complete :)

02:02 | (6) sergiodmm (BRA) vs. (Q) VamosRafaNadal (ESP) (SRs: 1-1) - Same winners; SR Diffs: none

It s kinda complicated story as both picked Nadal 32.

1st: Difference in PTS:
sergiodmm: NADAL 63 46 76 36 64
vamosrafanadal : NADAL 4-6 7-6 6-4 3-6 6-3

2nd: remind of the rules:
PTS gives points based in:

1) Correct scoreline: when you give the exact right score for a/the player/players in a match;
each correct scoreline = 3 pts
2) Correct order of sets: when you pick the correct winner of one or more sets;
1 set = 1 pts/ 2 set = 4 pts/ 3 set = 7 pts/ 4 sets= 10 pts
3) Both players picked wrong winner: the player gets 2 points for each set they give to the correct winner.

3rd application to the rules to the PTS:
Difference of order of set: sergio = Nadal 1st set/ Djoko 2nd set vs Vamosrafa= Djoko 1st set/ Nadal 2nd set
Different of score line: none..

So everythink depends of who wins the 1st and 2nd set
4 case:
- If Nadal 1st/ Djoko 2nd => sergiodmm would win the title
- If Djoko 1st / Nadal 2nd => vamosrafanadal would win the title
- If Djoko or Nadal wons the 2 first => tie and the match would go to CB

4 match: case of CB

sergiodmm= 2+5+14+26+29+16= 92
vamosrafanadal= 2+5+13+27+31+16= 93

So Vamosrafanadal would win with CB..

#1,192 ·

It is easier in doubles Bryan :p

#1,197 · (Edited)

Official: Sergiodmm is the official winner of TT USO 2013 in singles!!!! (and the new number one)

#1,200 ·
Nadal !!!! Wow, I´m in exctasy !!! Great Match Eland/Zberg your pick in Wawrinka was too close to be the better pick ever !!!

#1,201 ·
#1,202 ·
Parabens, Manolo! É nosso mais esse Slam!!! Somos noizes!!!! Numero 1 e 2... será???

Wawrinka and Youhzny ... thank you!!!!

Congrats Sergio! The best of the bests!

TTB... mais uma dobradinha!!!!

Eland/Zberg and VamosRafa.. great result guys. Luck to you next times!

Bry and super! Thanks for fantastic work!

BRASIL SIL SIL!!!! :thumbup:

#1,203 ·
Congratz to my fellow countryman Sergiodmm ! Great title ! :worship:

Bryan and supertom this is the dynamic double ! Thanks a lot to managing !! Both just valorize even more the tournament ! :hatoff:

And Elirj70 the number one of doubles rank, I´m proud of you lololol

Thanks man ! I enjoy make tactics and have discussions with you all day about TT ! We need another two slams my friend :rocker:

#1,204 ·
Final

Matches Counted: 3
Matches Remaining: 0

03:03 | (6) sergiodmm (BRA) vs. (Q) VamosRafaNadal (ESP) #SRs: 1-1 PTS1: 13-7

#1,205 ·
Monday and almost 3 weeks that this tournament has already started. :sad::sad:

Congrats first to the winner Elirj70/Dexter in doubles and sergiodmm in singles. We should change the name of US Open to Brazil Open soon! Special congrats to Elirj70 and sergiodmm to be the next number one in the Gavnich ranking of tomorrow!
I don't forget the finalist vamosrafanadal - whom I have been following for 3 weeks already - and the great Dutch pairs Eland/Zberg (too bad the Konninglied was ready if you won).

Thanks to Bryan to comanage the tournament with me. Bryan is a reliable guy who is involved a lot in this game and it is always a pleasure to collaborate with you! Might it happen again in the future. Thanks also to Peter for his contribution in the final. Thanks also the board that is also managing the whole game.

End of a tournament but certainly also end of a time because I won't be able to manage tournament in the future. Metz should be my last one next week. This time as active manager was a real pleasure and I have been happy to organize competition and involve players from all over the world.

Last word about this tournament. I am sure you have felt emotion all along. Final was great but SF Wawrinka-Djoko,QF Gasquet-Raonic or even R2 hewitt-Del Potro were some amazing matches that made this event so joyful. I feel the emotion differently as TT manager but I remain a fan of tennis and fight on court! :D

See you all and thanks again for having participated to the 2013 TT US Open adventure! :wavey:

#1,206 ·
Amazing performance of the Brazilians in Tennis Tipping one more time. Congratulations to sergiodmm and Elirj70/Dexter. Kudos for Eland/Zberg, they lost but it was great to see them taking risks with Wawrinka. I am sad to lose my fourth TT final (and my third in Singles) and probably I won't reach a Tennis Tipping Grand Slam final again, but maybe sergiodmm thought this after losing the Wimbledon 2012 final and now he won this one :) Being a Slam finalist is great, and even more coming from the qualies. I think this 720 points will help me a lot. Hello ATP tour :)

Thanks to all the people who supported me and all the people who wrote nice messages after the final.

And, of course, a huge :worship: and thanks to bry17may and supertom. They did an amazing job in this TT US OPEN tournament, simply incredible. Appart from managing the game excellent, they made funny extras like schedules and questions (that showed my lack of tennis knowledge :lol: ). I thank them their effort for ever! Without them and the rest of the managers this MTF game wouldn't be impossible.

Greetings everybody :wavey:

#1,208 ·
Congrats to all the finalists and the managers and

TÁ DOMINADO, TÁ TUDO DOMINADO

parabéns aos TTBistas campeões

#1,209 ·
Thanks for great managing Supertom and Bry17may!

Many congrats to Elirj70 and Dexter! Probably, it would have been different if Wawrinka had beaten Djokovic.. ;)

Also congratulations for both sergiodmm and VamosRafaNadal. Till date, I can only dream of reaching a singles Grand Slam final..

#1,210 ·
This moment is really special! Ramon, was a big fight and you certainly did an amazing campaign, coming from the qualifying and being in the final. This happened with me too in WB/2012, when I was vice. So, you can have another chance and I hope that you can win a GS.

Congratulations to the big champions Eli and Dexter! :worship::worship: And for all the finalists.

Thank you Supertom and Bry: great job

:wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.