Sjeng Schalken, NED
Tomas Berdych, CZE
Thomas Enqvist, SWE
Xavier Malisse, BEL
Mark Philippoussis, AUS
James Blake, USA

no Fish so far?! Strange....

#2 ·
Yeah that is odd that they have left him off. I believe Graydon mentioned that he wanted to play doubles with Mardy at this tournament, so I'm pretty sure he will be there. I'm a little bit surprised that they haven't put JMG on this list as well, but his ranking is a bit low and he may not make the cut off. I guess the official entry list will be out next week.

#6 ·
Björki said:
@ FryslanBoppe
are u sure about the Dutch players?
Why would I say otherwise if it wasn't true?

Sjeng has glandular fever and won't play for the rest of the season.
Verkerk has an injury and is planning to come back for the Aus Open.

#8 · (Edited)
Is James really that low now? Wow. I didn't even notice that Schalken was on the list. That's odd because he announced on his website that he was done for the year. I didn't realize that Verkerk was done for the year, I thought he was going tournament by tournament to see how that chest injury would heal. That's a shame for him.

The official entry list should be out now since it's 6 weeks before the tournament, so I will see if I can track it down somewhere. Tournaments have a bad habit of putting names on their websites that they already know are not coming in order to sell tickets, then make a late announcement about the withdrawals.

James isn't using a protected ranking. I think you have to be out for a minimum of 6 months to use one, and he's played 3 tournaments this summer, so it would not apply.

#11 ·
Okay, I don't know which thread to put this in and I only just realized that it wasn't up yet. Here is the official entry list so far:

1 Roddick, Andy USA 2
2 Agassi, Andre USA 7
3 Pavel, Andrei ROM 15
4 Johansson, Joachim SWE 16
5 Canas, Guillermo ARG 30
6 Lopez, Feliciano ESP 31
7 Haas, Tommy GER 32
8 Verdasco, Fernando ESP 39
9 Soderling, Robin SWE 42
10 Verkerk, Martin NED 43
11 Bjorkman, Jonas SWE 46
12 Johansson, Thomas SWE 47
13 Schalken, Sjeng NED 50
14 Calleri, Agustin ARG 52
15 Berdych, Tomas CZE 55
16 Ginepri, Robby USA 59
17 Enqvist, Thomas SWE 60
18 Malisse, Xavier BEL 61
19 Philippoussis, Mark AUS 66
20 Tursunov, Dmitry RUS 69
21 Rochus, Olivier BEL 70
22 Nieminen, Jarkko FIN 71
23 Gambill, Jan-Michael USA 73
24 SPECIAL EXEMPT
25 SPECIAL EXEMPT
26 WILD CARD
27 WILD CARD
28 WILD CARD
29 QUALIFIER
30 QUALIFIER
31 QUALIFIER
32 QUALIFIER

Alternates
1. Carraz, Gregory FRA 78
2. Mathieu, Paul-Henri FRA 79
3. Starace, Potito ITA 80
4. Popp, Alexander GER 81
5. Koubek, Stefan AUT 82
6. Montanes, Albert ESP 83
7. Arthurs, Wayne AUS 84
8. Kohlschreiber, Philipp GER 85
9. Monaco, Juan ARG 86
10. Mantilla, Felix ESP 87
11. Muller, Gilles LUX 88
12. Blake, James USA 89
13. Rusedski, Greg GBR 90
14. Corretja, Alex ESP 91
15. Dupuis, Antony FRA 92

Verkerk is out and Carraz is in. We should have some more changes in the next few days.

#15 ·
Stockholm (2 SE spots to be released)
OUT: Verkerk (and Carraz, Popp, Blake from ALT)
IN: Mathieu
NEXT: Starace, Koubek, Montanes, Arthurs, Kohlschreiber, Monaco...

(Carraz got into St. Petersburg and decided to play there instead).

#16 ·
Where have u all this infos from??? On the official website there is nothing!

#17 ·
It's from the ATP. They have an internal system for the players that posts updated entry lists and withdrawals. Some people have access to that information and are willing to share it.

Tournament websites are marketing tools for the tournaments, they will not always tell you when a player pulls out, especially if it's a player whose name can help them sell tickets.

#19 ·
yay andy, robby and JMG all in one tourny! woot! but i have a feeling the tourny's nots being shown here! andy better win this one! go puppy go puppy! :banana:

#23 ·
Roddick's out according to his site.

Andy Withdraws from Stockholm
by: Sarah Alvanipour

10/20/2004 --

In an effort to conserve his energy and continue his preparations for two important year-end events, the Tennis Masters Cup, and of course, the Davis Cup Finals, Andy has elected to withdraw from the Stockholm Open which is slated to begin next Monday, October 25 in the Swedish capital.

This was a decision, which was made after careful consideration of a variety of factors by Andy and his team, and was thought to be in Andy’s best interest.

This will give Andy an opportunity to continue resting this elbow and knee and to recharge before he begins the final leg of the ATP Circuit’s fall season....

#24 ·
Andre will be the next one to pull, especially if he beats Spadea.

#26 ·
Agassi beat spadea but i doubt he will pull out stockholm, he's right in the thick of trying to qualify for houston, stockholm would probably be easy points for him...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.