Mens Tennis Forums banner

Grigor in 2012 (general)

35K views 742 replies 35 participants last post by  Hypnotize 
#1 ·
So may be we can discuss all general stuff and smaller tournaments in this thread.

#5 ·
His father will travel with him to Australia, but I don't think he will be his new coach :)

#6 · (Edited)
Patrick Mouratoglou answered the question about new coach as below on his facebook:"As you all know, Grigor Dimitrov is currently coachless. He doesn't want to rush and takes his time. He has a whole Team at the Academy working with him daily. At the moment, he is starting his pre-season preparation. I will help him for that period and his father too. When he'll be ready to find a new coach, we'll consider the options and take the decisions together."

Thus the coachless status may continue for a while until the suitable time but he has the whole academy team support:)

#14 ·
Reed’s tennis awards for 2011
By Eurosport

Best match to commentate on

It was a match at Wimbledon which really stuck with me, between Grigor Dimitrov and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. It was a fantastic encounter, and one of immense quality and excitement.

The two players embraced each other for several seconds at the end of the match, and it was most definitely the highest quality clash in the tournament. The crowd rose to their feet with a standing ovation, and that was quite fitting.

Dimitrov has so much potential and, while he may fail to truly live up to what is expected of him, on this occasion he was truly brilliant.

The shots he produced against Tsonga in that match were thrilling to watch and Tsonga was taken aback by how inspired his opponent's play was. It was a quite staggering performance.

I can recall the most incredible rallies: brutal hitting, remarkable saves, thunderous serves; it had absolutely everything. Many people were just left to laugh at how good it was because they could not quite believe it.

eurosport.com
:worship:

#21 ·
Even though Grigor lost this match 6-3 in the third, I think he can take a lot of positives from this; he served well, he moved pretty well, and his return of serve has improved a lot. His backhand is coming along quite nicely, although it's still a little short sometimes, but overall he's making great strides. I was quite impressed, and compared to a year ago at this time he's much improved. Looking forward to the next few matches.

#24 ·
wel..he did well but the up and down play continues

im proud of how well he did though and they won mixed doubles which is big

he's got a tough match with mardy coming up ..actually possibly 2 because frederik definately played some great stuff against mardy

#26 ·
Great result. Dimitrov beat Nielsen 7-6 (7-5), 6-2 and Bulgaria won the mixed doubles 3-6, 6-4, 10-1.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/story/2012-01-04/hopman-cup-wednesday/52373968/1
Nielsen, who pushed eighth-ranked Mardy Fish of the U.S. to three sets on Monday, put up stiff resistance in the first set before Dimitrov dominated in the second.

"It was definitely a tough match today. The guy was attacking at every opportunity," Dimitrov said. "I got a bit lucky on some shots. He played some great tennis."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.