Mens Tennis Forums banner

Jarkko Nieminen and other Finnish players

230K views 3K replies 95 participants last post by  JMG 
#1 ·
I was just wondering who else out there is a mad Jarkko fan? I only took notice of him in January 2003 when he trained with Enqvist. Jarkko has the most wonderful game, I saw him beat Kafelnikov in Melbourne and I was blown away! Anyone that's a fan, feel free to contact me :D

I *think* I just uploaded a photo of Jarkko. lol! Bye for now,

Kristen.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: rosespower
#152 ·
my ridiculously-late photos from January....

http://photobucket.com/albums/y80/tvkat

- 7 from Adelaide
- 5 from Sydney
- 5 from Aus Open

Kristen.... the caption... "I forgot how to play tennis...!!" seems appropriate here!

#154 ·
Very appropriate kat!
Woe is me:eek:

#155 ·
NIEMINEN - Hrbaty 3-6 4-6
Hrbaty to serve
*0-1
1-1*
*1-2
1-3*
*2-3
2-4*
*2-5
3-5*
3-6

1-0*
*2-0
2-1*
*2-2
3-2*
*3-3
3-4*
*3-5 (saved 4 mp)
4-5*
4-6

It's so annoying to watch the scoreboard. Jarkko has to hit (more) service winners! 16 breakpoints for Hrbaty in this match!

#156 ·
I think this could be Jarkko's schedule for the following weeks, but only Casablanca and Barcelona are confirmed. :(

week14 Casablanca
week15
week16 Barcelona qual.
week17 (Munich qual.)
week18
week19 (Prague Challenger)
week20 (French Open qual. / St. Pölten)
week21 French Open
week22 French Open

#157 ·
Just wanted to let you know that I saw parts of Jarkkos match today and he played great against Lee.
Had to think of you Kristen ;) Of course I took pics as well!

#158 ·
:eek: Birte... "Jarkko" and "played great" in the same sentence!?
*faints*
It's been so long since I've seen a match like that :) I'll stick by him, of course...but sometimes it can be depressing to watch him:lol: Thanks for taking pics! :wavey: Hope you are enjoying yourself :D

#159 ·
Sommarsverige said:
Just wanted to let you know that I saw parts of Jarkkos match today and he played great against Lee.
Had to think of you Kristen ;) Of course I took pics as well!
And how is his (first) serve? I don't like these matches where he wins under 60 % of 1st serves. :eek:

I can't believe he lost the 3rd set against Moya 2-6 :mad: He saved 15 of 20 bp's today but was in trouble in nearly every service game. :sad:
He seemed to be totally in the fight at 5-7 7-5 2-1* and then he just gave it away.......

Fortunately, there are no players like Moya or even better in Munich, so I hope he plays there and kicks seven/eight asses. :angel:

#162 ·
hehe Jarkko looks so cute in that first one! His hair kind of reminds me of Rove's hair (an Australian television personality) :lol: Thanks for posting those!!!

#163 ·
I think the guy on the right on Jarkko's pic is a 100m/200m sprinter from Finland. :)

Jarkko has got a realistic chance to reach the final in Munich. Horna withdrew so that Jarkko will play against Bohdan Ulihrach in the 1st and Ancic in the 2nd round. I think the semifinal would be enough for him to qualify for Wimbledon. :yeah:

#165 ·
One win more and Jarkko wouldn't have to play qualifying for Wimbledon. :D

The finnish flash defeated Ancic 7-6(5) 6-4 :worship: and improved his 2005 record to 18-8 (all matches included).

The quarterfinal is a must-win for Jarkko! Against Michal Mertinak, who lost to Juho Paukku last year. Someone should beat Jarkko up, if he lost this one.

A pic from the Munich site below...

Attachments

#167 · (Edited)
pffff that was tight today!

3-6 6-1 6-4 against Mertinak - FIRST semifinal of the year - maybe his favourite top10 opponent Nalbandian is next - come on Jarkko :D

Let's hope for a final against Pavel :woohoo:

And of course no Wimbledon qualifying for him to play :)

EDIT: He's also in the doubles semis now :woohoo: A busy week for Jarkko!

Attachments

#170 ·
*~kat said:

Kristen.... the caption... "I forgot how to play tennis...!!" seems appropriate here!
I guess now it's "How did I get here? :eek: "
**disregard the court beneath him. Pretend its funky green clay**

#172 ·
(23)Jarkko Nieminen 27 – 103
(30)Ville Liukko 117 – unr
(30)Tuomas Ketola 130 - 221
(29)Kim Tiilikainen 207 - unr
(29)Tapio Nurminen 212 - unr
(23)Timo Nieminen 254 - 528
(29)Tommi Lenho 291 - 1022
(27)Janne Ojala 295 - 673
(24)Lauri Kiiski 427 -630

Some finnish players with their best ranking and current ranking: They all are still not older than 30, but nobody could keep his level. Only Ketola managed to play challenger for many years and Jarkko will come back in the top50 soon. :hysteric: :bigcry: :sobbing: I see only a chance for T.Nieminen and Paukku to make the top 300 again.

#174 ·
Whoa! Look how tanned Jarkko looks compared to the others. Good to see he's still squinting. It must have been nice and overcast, considering there's no sun/shadows :tape:

#176 ·
CattyA said:
That's Jarkko's former girlfirend. They are here at President's independence day reception 2001. Nea is a fashion designer and she designed her own gown. It was made of PAPER. beutiful isn't it.
ok, thanks. :D

btw The best finnish players Emma Laine (WTA143) and Jarkko are playing in Prague this week (WTA-tournament qualifying and 100T Challenger).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.