Group B

Dementieva & Andreev
Great Britain - Robson & Murray
Germany - Liscki & Kohlschreiber
Kazakhstan - Shvedova & Golubev

Session 1 - Romania 2 d Australia 1

Sorana Cirstea d Samantha Stosur 3-6, 6-4, 6-3
Time: 113 minutes, Umpire: Louise Engzell
Victor Hanescu lost to Lleyton Hewitt 6-3, 3-6, 6-7(2/7)
Time: 150 minutes, Umpire: Alison Lang
Cirstea/Hanescu d Stosur/Hewitt 7-5, 6-1
Time: 73 minutes, Umpire: Louise Engzell

Andy and Laura get underway on Monday against Kazakhstan - they are seeded third.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good luck in 2010 to both Andy and Laura Hopman cup should be a bit of fun. Glad Andy isn't wearing himself out this year by playing loads like he did last year.

#7 ·
Hey everyone, I've been a member for awhile but this is my first time posting in Andy's forum.
I'm volunteering as an usher at the Hopman this year, and I worked at Andy's match last night (if you watched it, I'm the girl in a highly unattractive fluro yellow top standing behind Andy's chair). He played really well, and it was sweet how he thanks the ball boys :) At the end of the night, I managed to pick up one of his wristbands (which were drenched with sweat as you can imagine) :D I'm going to his 2 other matches on wednesday and friday so I'll post photos here if I can :)

Reactions: Truc
#10 ·
Totally - stupid boy :)

But great to see that they won AGAIN in the mixed doubles, beating Kohlschreiber/Lisicki 63 62 to take this tie also. So they're not doing badly at all and have a chance of making it to the final from their group if they can post a decent effort against Russia on Friday.

#26 ·
Andy and Laura make the final!

Dementieva beat Laura 64 60

But then Andy hit back to trounce Andreev 61 60

GB then squeaked through the doubles 64 67 [10-6] to make it a clean sweep of the group and advance to the final against Spain :)

#27 ·
:banana:

#28 ·
I was at today's match against Russia, Andy was brilliant! Him and Laura are so adorable together, Andy was really protective and proud of her like he was her older brother :) My friends and I made a UK flag banner for him which he signed, and wound up on tv for a couple of seconds :D As promised I have lots of photos which I'll post soon, probably in the picture thread.

#32 ·
Omg Andy and Laura are cute, but its soo wrong teenies with teenies and tweenies with tweenies. Though Im sure nothing is really going on...can u imagine Kim's reaction not sure she'd be to impressed I mean at 22 you dont expect to be traded in for a younger model do ya lol :p

I like her personality and I like the way shes not imtimidated by him at all.

Good luck to team GB, win it all! :kiss:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.