Mens Tennis Forums banner

Miss MTF 2011 - draw, contestants and discussion WE HAVE A NEW QUEEN / SONJA1989!

47K views 847 replies 82 participants last post by  cobalt60 
#1 · (Edited)
DRAW

GROUP A

Nathaliia (1)
sher_rafavsroger (6)
Kezzi

GROUP B

Nole fan (3)
theMEESH (7)
Kat_YYZ
angela

GROUP C

Pirata. (4)
Tulipe (8)
Mateya
tripwires

GROUP D

Sonja1989 (2)
arm (5)
Catchie
nadejda

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
Day 1: Group stage ( 1 vs 4 & 2 vs 3 )
Day 2: Group stage ( 1 vs 2 & 3 vs 4 )
Day 3: Group stage ( 1 vs 3 & 2 vs 4 )
Day 4: Quarter Finals
Day 5: Semi Finals
Day 6: Finals

SCHEDULE OF PLAY
Day 1
Nathaliia (1) vs Kezzi

Nole fan (3) vs angela
theMEESH (7) vs Kat_YYZ

Pirata. (4) vs tripwires
Tulipe (8) vs Mateya

Sonja1989 (2) vs nadejda
arm (5) vs Catchie

Day 2
Nathaliia (1) vs sher_rafavsroger (6)

Nole fan (3) vs theMEESH (7)
Kat_YYZ vs angela

Pirata. (4) vs Tulipe (8)
Mateya vs tripwires

Sonja1989 (2) vs arm (5)
Catchie vs nadejda

Day 3
sher_rafavsroger (6) vs Kezzi

Nole fan (3) vs Kat_YYZ
theMEESH (7) vs angela

Pirata. (4) vs Mateya
Tulipe (8) vs tripwires

Sonja1989 (2) vs Catchie
arm (5) vs nadejda

Day 4 [QF]
Winner Group A vs Runner up Group B
Winner Group C vs Runner up Group D

Winner Group D vs Runner up Group C
Winner Group B vs Runner up Group A

See less See more
Reactions: Corey Feldman
#2 · (Edited)
Re: Miss MTF 2011 - draw, contestants and discussion

DELETED BY REQUEST

Reactions: Nathaliia
#3 · (Edited)

Hey there!
Thank you for reading my intro :)
My name is, as some of you may know, Sherelle (Sher for short).
I’m 20 years young and live in the Netherlands.

I’m a big fan of a few men right new, two are from the music business: Adam Lambert and Enrique Iglesias, and the other three are my fave tennisplayers: Grigor Dimitrov, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer.

I got the pleasure to meet one of the five in my life:

needless to say that I was very excited (and VERY nervous) when I met him on Feb 5, 2011. I couldn’t bring out a normal word :tape::facepalm: he was really nice to me though, and I hope to meet him again sometime.

I’m a big music lover. My likes in music are very different and go from reggae to rock. Currently really into bands, but than again it goes from Papa Roach and Falling In Reverse to a band like Hot Chelle Rae or Action Item (if you don’t know the bands, look ‘em up and you’ll see the big difference between them). I’m a concertlover as well. Last year, i’ve been to a grand total of 11 concerts / gigs. My favorite of this year being a minigig of Hot Chelle Rae at a radiostation, with only 5 other people. It was amazing to hear an acoustic set while the guys are playing the songs within a meter of you.

I’m currently studying Front Office Management. Which, in my opinion seriously sucks. I currently have 2 days of school and 3 days of internship a week which is tiring and annoying. When i’m done with Tourism (graduating in June), I’m going to be studying International Music Management which is way more something i like to do.

I love reading, writing and watching movies, my favorite book and movie beeing The Green Mile by Stephen King. I can watch that movie and read that book over and over again and it will never bore me.
I love photography as well, although i’m not so good yet, i do love taking pictures (especially of sunsets and concerts).

I also love driving my car. I’ve had my drivers licence for almost 2 years now and i can say that i drive everywhere i possibly could. Drove 6 hours last summer to go to a holidaypark in southern Germany – Europapark. Though, i gotta say, i’m somewhat of an ‘annoyed’ (i wouldn’t say agressive seeing as i wouldn’t dare pick a fight with someone, let alone another driver). I do tend to yell a lot to other drivers because they annoy me. Hey, i can’t help it that about 50% of the people on the road are horrible drivers!

Ah, i love laughing, i’m a very optimistic person (except when i’m driving and another driver is annoying me ;)), a good listener and i always try to help people (especially friends) out as best as i can. :)
I love animals as well. I absolutely adore cats but my parents don't like them so we don't have them anymore..:sad: We do have a lovely dog called Keisha, a Border Collie. She's sweet and I would love to do obedient matches with her but unfortunately she is epileptic so going to big events will be too much for her.

As most of you may know, I have a little brother as well. His name is Diego and he's almost 14 now. He's something special as well: he is autistic. I love him to death but the kid can be a little devil at times!

Some pics!:

Pictures from a photoshoot i won back in May 2011. Amazing experience :D

me and my two best friends! (i'm the one on the left)

i guess you can figure this out by yourself, but these are my tattoos. I love tattoos (forgot to mention that in my story, didnt i? ;)) and what they say about them is true: they are extremely addictive. I got the one on my back on August 12 last year and it stands for my love for music, the second one is a new one, got it on Jan 11, it’s an angel and it stands for my grandmother (she passed away back in 2004)

Thanks again for reading my intro! :hug::wavey:

#4 · (Edited)

I know everyone wants photos, so instead of boring you with a lot of text I will present you my version of an in-flight movie through my life. Enjoy! :D

Since I’m one of those freaks who photographs every cup of Starbucks she drinks in a foreign country, I would like to offer all my passengers on this flight a nice cup of coffee from one of the following destinations:

Amsterdam – Bielefeld – Munich – Köln

With something to drink, goes something to eat. Which brings me to serve you a selection of my favourite foods.

Crème Brulée – Currywurst – Caprese – The best salad in the world! (Specialty of a restaurant in Montmartre, Paris)

On this flight are also some of my favourite tennis players. I would like you all to meet:

Arnaud Clément – Sergiy Stakhovsky – Gilles Simon – Nenad Zimonjic

Let me continue to fill you in on the destinations of this plane. Of course these are a few of the most beautiful places in the world to me.

Düsseldorf – Marseille – Rouen – Roermond

If there’s nothing to your liking, you can request a destination in the cockpit.
The same goes for further in-flight entertainment. We will show you the following movies depending on your destination.

Kokowääh – Bright Star – Rien à Déclarer – Everything by Audrey Tautou :hearts:

These days a movie always ends with a few random pics or bloopers, so my movie is no exception.

With my twinsis CatchieDavis Cup final 2010 – in Paris – With the lovely violinist Christian Hebel

Thank you for flying Kezzi Airways and I hope to welcome you again on one of my future flights. *

*Future flights = future rounds. My original movie will be shown in extended cut. :)
:wavey:

Welcome back! :bigwave:

It's time for a change in entertainment also known as the extended cut. :)

First up the best flight attendant ever:

Apart from watching movies, you also have the possibility to listen to a selection of my favorite music.

Josh Groban - Nolwenn Leroy - Jamiroquai - Gavin Mikhail

As always, I'm happy to take requests. All of my passengers have to feel like this is the best flight they've ever been on! :D

To show that I take requests seriously and immediately act on them: Sham Kay requested peanuts on the flight. I hope you can find what you like in this selection:

Regular - Salted - To keep yourself busy - Dry roasted

And no extended cut is complete without some crazy fun stuff. ;)

My Strida folding bike is so cool that pro cyclist Koen de Kort almost didn't want to give it back - Attaching a tribute to Montcourt to the court in Rotterdam where I've first and last:)sad: ) seen him play - In the Cofidis bus with Moncoutie's time trial helmet - Interviewed by Schmitti before I beat Beck at the Gerry Weber Open

I hope you enjoyed it and I want to wish you a safe flight!

In case you're wondering: All photos you see are taken by me, except for the movie posters and the peanuts. The photos with me in them are obviously taken by my sis, my family or my friends.

#5 · (Edited)

DELETED BY REQUEST

#6 · (Edited)

Hello, my name is Michelle, some people call me Mischa, but most people these days call me Meesh. I'm 22 years old (23 in a few weeks!) and I'm a caregiver (you know those people who push old people around in their wheelchairs? That's kind of what I do) and Pharmacy Technician student (my future job will be to count pills by fives :p)

I've decided to try my hand at this Miss MTF contest, yet again. I really enjoy doing the contest, as well as the other off season contests, because I get to know the other people of MTF better and I've made some really great friends along the way.

Here's some info about me:

I was born and raised as a pre-hipster hipster baby in Southern California

I like being a goofball and posing with beverages:

I love Spanish men:

I am a speed demon and just like Alexandr Dolgopolov, I too, drive a Subaru.

And you might say I have an addiction to designer sunglasses:

Other random facts:
- My favorite movies are Fight Club, The Italian Job (with Mark Wahlberg), Gone in 60 Seconds, The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo (the original version), Lilo and Stitch and Pride and Prejudice
- I recently got into watching football, for the same pervy reason I watch men's tennis.
- I am a left handed tennis player. I don't play well, but my favorite shot is my cross-court forehand

*soapbox*
If I win Miss MTF 2011, I will dedicate my vCash to helping the less fortunate posters in a bid to gain MTF World Peace (or total chaos, whichever one comes first)

Thanks and Good Luck to all the Ladies participating in Miss MTF 2011!!

#7 · (Edited)

REMOVED BY REQUEST

#8 · (Edited)

REMOVED BY REQUEST

#9 · (Edited)

Hi MTF :wavey: My name is Lynsey, also known as piratesswoop/Slumpdasco/Declinerer/Pirata. This is my second season in the MTF contest circuit. After another first-round loss in ACC, I was able to win a few rounds in PopCon, where I incurred the wrath of one of my opponents by voting for myself :p

I am a girl of simple tastes, mostly because I live in a boring city in the boring state of Ohio in the corporation controlled nation of the United States. I am 23 years old and currently passing my time in university, studying for a degree in Early Childhood Education. I've wanted to be a teacher since I was very small. I also work part time at a daycare, which is really fun.

I was thinking about whether or not to include my favourite players, in case it keeps people from voting for me, but since they're in my sig, I will just refer people to that. To make it easier, I like Federer, Ferrer, Lopez and Raonic the most, with a lot of other favourites. I also like to watch the juniors and I'm a big fan of Tiago Fernandes. I am also a supporter of Real Madrid and the Ohio State Buckeyes [losing votes from Barca & Michigan fans as I speak :p) as well as Tottenham, Getafe and the Columbus Crew.

I also have a big crush on Marco Chiudinelli ;)

I also like to travel, but since I'm in school, I have to take advantage of my spring, summer and winter breaks to go on vacation. This year, I went to Las Vegas, Philadelphia and Tampa, Florida, respectively. This year, I'm skipping spring break and saving up to go to Boston this summer to watch the Olympics with a friend then we'll road trip to Washington DC.

Despite going on a lot of vacations last year, bizarrely I didn't seem to take many pictures of myself, so here is a picture I took on my camera phone about ten minutes ago. Apologies for the quality, and yes, that's Roger on my shirt.

Since in MR. MTF, some of the guys put together videos to get votes. I don't have any amazing talents, but I am pretty good at multimedia things, so I will share this video that I made. You may have seen it before and I doubt it will get me votes from Rafa fans, but I'm proud of it :wavey:

Okay, that's all, hope you will vote for me :D

#10 · (Edited)

My name is Maria, I'm 21, half-Czech, half-Serbian with some Polish blood as well. I'm 1,80 m tall (with my best shoes, otherwise I'm a midget), my weight changes every day so it's useless to write it here, and even though everyone thinks my eyes are brown, they are actually hazel.

I study French and Italian Philology. I interrupted my studies to take up Modern Literature course in Pau, France, but I came back to the Czech Republic after one semester. I will come back to the university in September, in the meanwhile I'm applying for Sports Management and Coaching, and I work for an educational association that creates English worksheets that help kids with learning English.

I'm a huge football fan, I support Sevilla FC and SSC Napoli, but I watch other teams as well. Actually at home, TV is occupied just by me and football is almost always on. I play amateur football, and while in France, I was the first woman ever to represent the university in the regional championship. :D

I've played tennis since I was 14, so obviously I couldn't think of any big career, and I don't have enough talent for that either. But I enjoy the game and I love the people I met because of tennis. I represent a local club in the regional championship as well, and surprisingly I'm ranked better in doubles even though I hate playing doubles. My best and favorite shot is the overhead, and I don't know why, but all players at the players party last year found that extremely funny :p
My favorite players are now almost all retired (Gaudio, Hartfield, Grosjean...). I'm known on the forums as the biggest RRH lover, apart from that I support Alexandr Dolgopolov and Janko Tipsarević, from the Czechs Tomáš Berdych, and even though I'm not his fan, I like watching David Ferrer play. As for the WTA, my favorite players are Flavia Pennetta, Maria Sharapova and Iveta Benešová.

I practice other sports as well, for example squash, indoor cycling and yoga. Apart from sports, I love music (Oasis, Nirvana, The Verve, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Amaral, Valentina Giovagnini, Daniele Stefani...), writing, eating, hanging around coffeeshops, traveling (my favorite places in the world are Moscow, Cannes, Marseille and Varazze), reading (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Dostoyevsky, Pushkin, Gabriel García Márquez...) learning languages (I speak Czech, English, French, Polish, Italian, some bad Spanish, even worse Russian and German, and I understand Serbian, but almost can't speak it) and procrastinating by posting things on Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter. I have a cat called Fernando. My (current) dreams are to travel around South America, to go to Naples to see a SSC Napoli game, and to learn Swedish.

My character is very similar to a flammable liquid, cholerism runs in our family and my classmates and teachers had to get used to the fact that I would sometimes stand up and start yelling at them if something annoyed me. I have my flaws, and I don't want to get rid of them, because I embraced them and loved them as every other part of me. I may not be the most positive person in the world, I often rant about things and I'm cynical sometimes, but beneath it all I believe that life is wonderful and every moment is worth being lived through, because it can only make us happy or stronger.

Me described in a nutshell, in the words of Anais Nin:

"I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman."

Now my harder side:

And if you don't like me in my human form, you will maybe like the rabbit one:

#835 ·

My name is Maria, I'm 21, half-Czech, half-Serbian with some Polish blood as well. I'm 1,80 m tall (with my best shoes, otherwise I'm a midget), my weight changes every day so it's useless to write it here, and even though everyone thinks my eyes are brown, they are actually hazel.

I study French and Italian Philology. I interrupted my studies to take up Modern Literature course in Pau, France, but I came back to the Czech Republic after one semester. I will come back to the university in September, in the meanwhile I'm applying for Sports Management and Coaching, and I work for an educational association that creates English worksheets that help kids with learning English.

I'm a huge football fan, I support Sevilla FC and SSC Napoli, but I watch other teams as well. Actually at home, TV is occupied just by me and football is almost always on. I play amateur football, and while in France, I was the first woman ever to represent the university in the regional championship. :D

I've played tennis since I was 14, so obviously I couldn't think of any big career, and I don't have enough talent for that either. But I enjoy the game and I love the people I met because of tennis. I represent a local club in the regional championship as well, and surprisingly I'm ranked better in doubles even though I hate playing doubles. My best and favorite shot is the overhead, and I don't know why, but all players at the players party last year found that extremely funny :p
My favorite players are now almost all retired (Gaudio, Hartfield, Grosjean...). I'm known on the forums as the biggest RRH lover, apart from that I support Alexandr Dolgopolov and Janko Tipsarević, from the Czechs Tomáš Berdych, and even though I'm not his fan, I like watching David Ferrer play. As for the WTA, my favorite players are Flavia Pennetta, Maria Sharapova and Iveta Benešová.

I practice other sports as well, for example squash, indoor cycling and yoga. Apart from sports, I love music (Oasis, Nirvana, The Verve, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Amaral, Valentina Giovagnini, Daniele Stefani...), writing, eating, hanging around coffeeshops, traveling (my favorite places in the world are Moscow, Cannes, Marseille and Varazze), reading (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Dostoyevsky, Pushkin, Gabriel García Márquez...) learning languages (I speak Czech, English, French, Polish, Italian, some bad Spanish, even worse Russian and German, and I understand Serbian, but almost can't speak it) and procrastinating by posting things on Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter. I have a cat called Fernando. My (current) dreams are to travel around South America, to go to Naples to see a SSC Napoli game, and to learn Swedish.

My character is very similar to a flammable liquid, cholerism runs in our family and my classmates and teachers had to get used to the fact that I would sometimes stand up and start yelling at them if something annoyed me. I have my flaws, and I don't want to get rid of them, because I embraced them and loved them as every other part of me. I may not be the most positive person in the world, I often rant about things and I'm cynical sometimes, but beneath it all I believe that life is wonderful and every moment is worth being lived through, because it can only make us happy or stronger.

Me described in a nutshell, in the words of Anais Nin:

"I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman."

Now my harder side:

And if you don't like me in my human form, you will maybe like the rabbit one:

I'm Mateja from Slovenia, nerby Ljubljana. I work part-time in one trading company for a living and I also make a few bucks in my local tennis club occationaly by doing some things and helping them out. ;)

I started to play tennis at 14 and it was love on first sight. Since I come from relatively poor family, we couldn't affort to pay for coach or anything until I was 18...too late for a carrer of course, but I still played some national tournaments and qualified for some futures until I finished my "carrer" at 22 and then went to college and got a job. I still think I'm a wasted tennis talent, I learned most of the shots myself, hitting the wall, playing with friends and trying to copy professional players as much as possible...

Enough tennis. I speak english, croatian (serbian) and some spanish and german. I listen to all kinds of music, especialy croatian and american pop. I don't like trance, rave and similar electronic crap which shouldn't even be called music :eek: I like to watch comedies and horror scary movies :) like to sleep long and going out in the nature, out of town and crowd. And of course, I love going to Umag every year, with or without friends.

I dream of having a nice Seppi-like boyfriend, good job and a nice sporty car. Yes, just like men I also like nice cars. I don't wan't to have kids yet, maybe in a few years time. I don't ask too much of life, I'm quite a modest girl. :angel:

That's it. I could of wrote much better, but time is chasing me.

Thank you and bye :)

Just south of Umag :inlove:

:drool:

#11 · (Edited)

I'm Mateja from Slovenia, nerby Ljubljana. I work part-time in one trading company for a living and I also make a few bucks in my local tennis club occationaly by doing some things and helping them out. ;)

I started to play tennis at 14 and it was love on first sight. Since I come from relatively poor family, we couldn't affort to pay for coach or anything until I was 18...too late for a carrer of course, but I still played some national tournaments and qualified for some futures until I finished my "carrer" at 22 and then went to college and got a job. I still think I'm a wasted tennis talent, I learned most of the shots myself, hitting the wall, playing with friends and trying to copy professional players as much as possible...

Enough tennis. I speak english, croatian (serbian) and some spanish and german. I listen to all kinds of music, especialy croatian and american pop. I don't like trance, rave and similar electronic crap which shouldn't even be called music :eek: I like to watch comedies and horror scary movies :) like to sleep long and going out in the nature, out of town and crowd. And of course, I love going to Umag every year, with or without friends.

I dream of having a nice Seppi-like boyfriend, good job and a nice sporty car. Yes, just like men I also like nice cars. I don't wan't to have kids yet, maybe in a few years time. I don't ask too much of life, I'm quite a modest girl. :angel:

That's it. I could of wrote much better, but time is chasing me.

Thank you and bye :)

Just south of Umag :inlove:

#12 · (Edited)

REMOVED BY REQUEST

#13 · (Edited)

Hello!! :hug:

My name is Diana (Di, Dia what you would like to use), I’m almost 22 years old and live in Nyíregyháza, Hungary.

I’m still enjoying my learner years, after the high school I finished as office assistent and because I couldn’t find a job :)facepalm:), I started to learn again. A good factory organized a course with plastic maker appellation, my plan to finish it in summer. :) Mostly I’m learning injection molding. It seems I get a job if the exams will be succesful. :D

Tennis is my first hobby to watch, as everybody knows Marcel Granollers is my first favourite player, I immediately loved because his style of game, attitude and he looks like have fantastic personality, very rare guy on the tour. My nicest tennis moments were his titles, I'm still happy if I'm thinking about them. :crazy:
I'm able to watch tennis in all day if it's possible especially when the clay season comes. ;)

In my free time I also like
- to hear some music (my favourites are Alejandro Sanz, Juanes, Cascada, Inna, Kesha)
- watching movies as everybody, never enough from Pirates of the Caribbean. :inlove:
- meet with friends for drinking something
- play (and watch too) football, I always play with my class on school, they are all boys. :p

Okay, it's the time for posting some images too.

It’s me:

This picture was made before Christmas, the girl with black hair is my sister (she is 18 years old), the rest are my cousins:

We also have a dog, her name is Suzy. I should share a pic of her too. :scratch: She plays with our cat. :p

It was the last NYE party, in the first picture I don’t know what I looked. :lol:

And finally for Mike's request, it's a picture of me when I had blond hair about two years ago. :p

#14 · (Edited)

REMOVED BY REQUEST

#15 · (Edited)

Hey everyone!

Let's start with the basics: my name is Fenna, I'm 25 years old, have green eyes and my hair color at this moment is called ombre. It’s a dark root that gradually gets lighter to the tip. I've been a blond and a brunette, but I couldn't stick with one or the other, so now I have the best of both worlds!
And it's also very typical, because I am, in general, really bad at making choices. :eek:

I have a twin sister, I bet some of you actually know her! For people who have no clue, she's Kezzi :hug: If you want to see her pics (and the striking resemblance;) ), her intro is somewhere on the top of this thread...

I don't really know a lot of people on MTF, that's why I'm participating. To have fun and meet people. Most MTF'ers I know, I have also met in real life and they are all great! And the ones I haven't met yet are also great, so there's always room to get to know more fabulous people :)

My all time fav player is the very handsome, always stylish, ever so nice and friendly French player Arnaud Clément. It was love at first sight when I saw him on television at the AO final in 2001. :hearts: And I've met him several times (included two of my best pics, I could fill a whole page with pics of him and me, but I just couldn't do that to you).
In 2003 I discovered the lovely Nenad Zimonjic when I visited my first tournament. He's my second all-time fav. Besides them, I like most French players, Mardy Fish, Team Bryan, Philip Petzschner and those are all the men I can think of right now :p

Other than tennis I love traveling (with my sister), music (the guy in the picture who is not Arnaud, is one of my fav singers Pete Yorn), reading magazines and blogs, fashion and my pets.

The pets are my cute dog Murdock and my adorable hamster named Günthi. They are named after that crazy guy from the A-team and German presenter Günther Jauch :cool:.

So, what more is there to know about me? I can't really think of more (relevant) stuff to tell you, but hey, you can always ask me what you want to know!

I hope I can win some of you over to vote for me ;)

Last but not least I want to take the opportunity to thank my man of trust, Duncan, to help me in this contest. I'm so happy to have you :kiss:

#16 · (Edited)

DELETED BY REQUEST

#17 · (Edited)

Let the campaigning, lurking and drooling begin!

Good luck to all girls!

#19 ·

You should all be able to read it :lol:

#22 ·
#27 ·

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
Day 1: Group stage ( 1 vs 4 & 2 vs 3 )
Day 2: Group stage ( 1 vs 2 & 3 vs 4 )
Day 3: Group stage ( 1 vs 3 & 2 vs 4 )
Day 4: Quarter Finals
Day 5: Semi Finals
Day 6: Finals

#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.