Mens Tennis Forums banner

James Duckworth Cheering Thread

106K views 948 replies 57 participants last post by  Kateoz 
#1 ·
He is currently playing the 15th Sarawak Chief Minister's Cup, in Malaysia. After qualifying in two pretty easy straight set matches. He is now played three matches and is through to the quarter final's in straight sets. He will next play America's Campbell Johnson.

Duckworth played in Thailand last week where he made the main draw by qualifying then made it to the third round, he also ended up winning the doubles title with Benjamin Mitchell, who did the double last week winning the singles and the doubles. These are some of his stats.

Birth Date - 21/01/1992
Birth Place - Sydney, NSW
Residence - Sydney, NSW
Nationality - Australian
Plays - Right Hand (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface - Grass
Coach - Ben Pyne
Current Ranking - 169
Career High - 17

He is also currently ranked 1395 in the men's rankings at the moment.

Good Luck to James in Malaysia.

See less See more
#351 · (Edited)
^I guess not. TA unsympathetic towards his injury lay-off. Beats Kyrgios 6-1 7-6(4) edging closer to that AO WC.

-edit-

Yeah, it was a surprise he didn't get one, but giving the wild card to Mitchell instead gives TA another qualifying wild card to use as Duckworth got into qualifying directly.

#362 ·
He should have, I have to say without sounding too over the top, today's game raised some big concerns over James for me. I know he was playing a quality opponent but that was one that was there for the taking. Hopefully by the end of the year or sooner he has proven me wrong.

#364 ·
Both gotta be happy with that draw. This could be a first round match at a Challenger but instead they are playing for 45 big ones and lots of cash.

Whoever makes the second round also has about as good a 2nd round match as they could've hoped for pre-tournament.

#368 ·
Love this draw!! Would love this to have been a second round but oh well, I think this will go 5 and Benny Mitchell for the upset 15-13 in the 5th. So hard to barrack for this match even though I reckon Ducky has a lot better of a chance in beating Kavcic or Bellucci, but may the best man win!!!

#370 ·
A second round clashwould presuppose that both of the players will win their 1st round and one of them beats a seeded player. Fanciful thinking.
They are lucky they drew each other - at least one of them will advance.

#374 ·
Gutsy effort by Duckworth. Have to admire the pluck of the duck.
But have to question whether he should have played the doubles match after his tough 5 setter against Mitchell.
I know doubles is not as intensive as singles but another long match would have drained those energy reserves.
Great fight Ducky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.