Mens Tennis Forums banner

Australian Open

15K views 238 replies 23 participants last post by  Edda 
#1 ·
Pretty decent draw. Seppi first round should be winnable and after that Lu/quali. Monfils in his part, who isn't fully fit. I expect a third round here.

Andy Murray GBR (5) Qualifier
Marc Gicquel FRA Simone Bolelli ITA
Jarkko Nieminen FIN Nick Lindahl AUS
Florent Serra FRA Jurgen Melzer AUT (28)

David Ferrer ESP (17) Andreas Seppi ITA
Qualifier Yen-Hsun Lu TPE
Daniel Koellerer AUT Qualifier
Qualifier Gael Monfils FRA (12)

#42 ·
:wavey:

So here I am ready to post the order of play but of course that's already been taken care off. I'm soooooooo slow.:awww:

Hmmmmmm, not sure if I'll stay awake/get up for this one.:scratch: Have a feeling it's not going to be such an interesting match. Then again, it's the seemingly uninteresting matches that David can so capably make interesting.:rolleyes: Will see what happens, last night I feel asleep on the couch during Roddicks match. It was only 8!:eek: Wonder why that happened?:p

#46 ·
He won :bounce:

Totally mistimed the start of that one and missed it... ah well, nice news to wake up to, eh? :)

Glad he got through that one quickly. He's going to have to get his game together for R3 though as it may well be Nalby (but Berankis has taken the first set...)

"The unbearable mind f*** that's being a Ferrer fan." You said it! No one like Ferru for nearly giving a heart attack...:rolleyes:

BTW - what's Feli playing around at these days (or, rather, not)???

#56 ·
Nice bit of good fortune for Ferru that Nalby's not going to stand in his way. He (Ferru) didn't need the workout of 5 sets which is what I think it would have gone to. All the best to Nalby in his recovery. Hope it's not serious.

P.S. Birdshit is progressing as well. Not good. I want to see Ferru overtake him for #6 ranking. (Hope I'm not offending anyone here - Berdych's a good guy but he turns into Birdshit when he's playing any of my Spaniards.

#59 ·
I hope this time I will be getting up for real ;)

Vamos Ferruuuuuuuuuuuuu :bounce: :bounce:

#74 ·
So happy he won again :yeah: :yeah:

And I was too tired again to get up....bad me ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.